• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

rNilla

Deku Tree

Today has been particularly.. brisk. Closing in on 80 pages in 3 days. o__o

Depending on how much discussion Hard Mode CE generates, this could be our first One-Xur thread...

This thread had a decent start date to have a chance to be a one Xur thread that's for sure.

I may be down for this this weekend. Im off work in about haf an hour and once I get online tonight, ill be around on and off all weekend. Hell I still need to run CE three times this weekend.

Back in the VoG flawless days, it was absurd to think of anyone still getting drops while doing the runs since we had to run it so many fucking times. But nowadays with CE... I would be shocked if we needed 3 full runs to get the trophy. Maybe 1 practice run to make sure everyone knows the strat, then one run to cash it in. 20-25 minutes per flawless run, compared to 45-60 for VoG, if not more considering there were so many more strats to discuss and we often had at least 1 new team member.

Need to play more... after playing for a while past rank 3 you should start seeing drops.

Yeah, definitely seems to be some correlation between IB rank and likelihood of weapon drops. Once my Titan hits 4, it will be all Hunter all day until rank 5.... and beyond !

Ophelion

I'm still getting used to the Bladedancer jump. I'm not a big fan. I liked Glide a lot at first but the more I play the more I hate it. Maybe because Warlock is my least used class.

I didn't like it until I got Boost or whatever its called. Combines a swifter gain in height with the Warlock's natural airborne range. Probably not that useful in PvP (since I assume other players would just shoot your dumb ass out of the air) but I use it all the time in PvE when my position is being overrun and I need a swift retreat to higher ground. Usually followed by throwing a grenade as a goodbye kiss.

Greenymac

Today has been particularly.. brisk. Closing in on 80 pages in 3 days. o__o

Depending on how much discussion Hard Mode CE generates, this could be our first One-Xur thread...

Im betting between strat discussion and the inevitable glitches and cheese to be found, it can be done!

Rhaegar

Would also be down to run Crota (along with another friend, both lvl 31s) tonight if any of the Xb1 groups need a couple more. First time through fully (read: lactose-free) but familiar with most of the strats and I've been married for 9 years (so very good at following commands). GT is Ev0lved1

Daemul

I never understood people who came into my bubble to throw their grenade, and then attempted a quick escape. If I have Armor of Light on(which was always), your grenade ain't doing shit, and I will kill you before you manage to escape my bubble.

blazeuk

VoG HM last night, Atheon gave me Red Death which I was happy enough with since I didn't have it, tonight's alt...Red Death from Atheon again. I just want Fatebringer or the Vex, RNG keeps throwing VoC's at me constantly too.

GlamFM

Banned
VoG HM last night, Atheon gave me Red Death which I was happy enough with since I didn't have it, tonight's alt...Red Death from Atheon again. I just want Fatebringer or the Vex, RNG keeps throwing VoC's at me constantly too.

Atheon will never give you a Fatebringer though.

Only the Templar.

I'd say both are legit. No way they didn't anticipate people doing that. But I know what you mean, the other way is more fun when everyone is on point.

Staying back up top for oracles phase is definitely cheese (not a complaint or criticism, we did it every week during our hard VoG reset raids). I was shocked to realize it at the time, but somehow they did not anticipate players doing stuff like this as evidenced by them adding kill volumes to the hobgoblin platforms. They just couldn't do the same for the spawn zone specifically because it is the spawn zone. You would think it would be possible to do... but you would also think they intended players to jump on the hobbie platforms considering they put them right freakin' there. Wtf Bungie.

Legit oracles is super fun and actually makes the time fly by compared to cheesing which feels like it takes forever. One of the best encounter designs in terms of optimizing specific uses for a primary, special and heavy weapon load out.

PVP is so fucking broken

It's really spammy, a lot of luck and many attacks are OP. Not to mention OP weapons that are laughably OP like shotguns. Then there are fusion rifles that are OP too but seem to be inconsistent in their range.

Just an overall mess. If it had any competitive scene it would be a disaster by now.

Wow, so I really am not an Ice Breaker aficionado rather than just some hypocrite. I use it but obviously not that much. 1246/7752

Ice breaker was one of my first exotics and I don't have a gjallerhorn, so my best loadout for most high level content involves my Ice Breaker. I've started using my LDR more and mixing it up, but for months I had it equipped unless there were a nightfall burn.

Where do you go to look this up?

Look at the grimiore cards. Compare sniper kills to your ice breaker (or P&T) kills.

blazeuk

Atheon will never give you a Fatebringer though.

Only the Templar.

Oh I know, that probably makes it worse since a lot of people skip the majority of the raid now and jump straight in at the Gorgon maze. It's amazing how different it is playing with people on here vs random groups elsewhere though, I don't think I've joined any groups on here who have actually struggled to get the raids done.

Coconut

Banned
PVP is so fucking broken

Fuck sunlocks and their fusion grenades. And their radiance and whatever the fuck else they do

Pssh, you might get one or two extra kills out of it it's fun. All the powers are even because they are all broken. Blade dancer comes at you just start jumping around.

GlamFM

Banned
Oh I know, that probably makes it worse since a lot of people skip the majority of the raid now and jump straight in at the Gorgon maze. It's amazing how different it is playing with people on here vs random groups elsewhere though, I don't think I've joined any groups on here who have actually struggled to get the raids done.

GAF is really good at video games ;)

Played with a random group once - never again.

rNilla

My IB kills would definitely be lower if I'd not been a tit and started using my Gjallarhorn sooner.

I wish I could see what weapon(s) make up the majority of my sniper kills. I think I had IB long before the 'horn. I passed on it from Xur because I wasn't into launchers at the time and wanted to save up in case he sold something really good in the future. Whoops.

Ice breaker was one of my first exotics and I don't have a gjallerhorn, so my best loadout for most high level content involves my Ice Breaker. I've started using my LDR more and mixing it up, but for months I had it equipped unless there were a nightfall burn.

I wonder how much Hollarhorn has influenced my non-IB usage up until now (probably not a lot).

VoC dominates oracles and has tons of ammo w/ field scout. Cheesing this phase is so easy it's not worth focusing on very seriously at all.

IceB is awesome, I love it. One of the best PvE exotics for sure. But it's the same as GHorn and any other single weapon: optional for clearing all PvE content. Many ways to skin all those cats.

Everyone can stay on the higher ledge area behind the spawn point and snipe all 7 oracles without needing to shoot a single add (no hobbies aggro on you that far back).

Of course IB --> Hobbie guts is great for doing the phase legit, which is probably what you meant anyway.

so right here right now, to someone barely 20 and with 17 coins, are you saying don't buy ice breaker?
If I'm looking at these Grimoire stats correctly 16% of my sniper rifle kills are from Ice Breaker. So there's that I guess.

12% from P&T.
4.6% from NLB (if it counts).
Everything else from... well everything else.
with how SGA works, I will assume oracles don't count as kills.

and looks like your sniper useage is mostly non-exotic, which means an exotic was taking up another slot. like. say. gjallarhorn.
I'm at 81% on icebreaker. Yikes.
when did you get a gjallarhorn?

Sure, it's handy for that too. I like to do it legit though. ;)

Not sure if I'm pleasantly surprised or terribly disappointed that this post didn't elicit a (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) or two. What happened to you assmat Gaf.

so right here right now, to someone barely 20 and with 17 coins, are you saying don't buy ice breaker?

No way, I've been saying exactly the opposite all day. Everyone who doesn't have an IceB should buy one.

matmanx1

Most annoying ways to die in Crucible:

1. Because of lag
2. Someone is skipping around all leggy and they shotgun you
3. From behind rock because lag
4. Lag
5. Titan slam.

Being a Titan most of the time I don't actually rage when getting super'ed by another Titan. It tends to be Hunter supers who make me rage harder just because their supers are all actually mobile unlike mine which is only directed at one spot.

On my Hunter, I like to pop my super when I see an Arc user. Gunslinger will poof'em easy. Arc blade vs Arc Blade fights are fun. I always laugh when I win those

On my titan, I use Helm of Saint. when the arc blade user is about to enter, jump around the arc blade user and let them enter the bubble and get blinded. Their lockon should get broken and they should be easy to dispatch. But the defender titan would need the Helm of Saint probably or sticky grenade + shotty

Last night I had three arc bladers come after me within about 30 seconds. The first one I had my super up so I just hit him with a fist of havoc. The second one I had heavy ammo so I was able to kill him before he reached me. The third one got me but by that point I was just shaking my head in exasperation. Finally, later in the same match I killed another bladedancer using fist of havoc just to put the cherry on the top. Usually it doesn't work out so well but in that particular match I felt pretty good about it.

Navy Bean

Pssh, you might get one or two extra kills out of it it's fun. All the powers are even because they are all broken. Blade dancer comes at you just start jumping around.
Yep, but its such stupid fun to revive and flame punch the crap out of the dude who just killed you. Must piss them off.

Top Bottom