• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I don't get what all this discussion is about, then. I thought the discussion was "should someone own an ice breaker". I split up some categories based on that. The replies I've gotten have still fit into those categories. I guess I don't know what's going on.

I dunno, guess I'm confused where your confusion lies. I probably don't explain my perspective as a min/max obsessive very well. There's a bit of a contradiction for IB but it makes sense to me:

(1) Everyone that doesn't have an IB should buy one. It's a top tier exotic, especially for newer players with more limited options (e.g. no GH, BH, LDR, etc.). It's also just a damn fun weapon to use, lots of exotics are worth buying for that appeal alone.

(2) But it's also not remotely "required" or even best in slot for many if any raid encounters or PvE activities (also a terrible choice for PvP sniper/exotic). Longer tenured/luckier players who have those other options should use them for "serious" PvE activities, whether that's hard mode raiding or just finishing Roc strikes ASAP. For example, IB is great for cheesing oracles but this isn't an important distinction when many other load outs do as well or better.

I would only consider IB as potentially best in slot for:

-VoG Flawless: But it's doubtful anyone will want to run this again given CE flawless
-Legit Hard Oracles: a great option but not better than something like PFoil/PRevenge + GH
-CE Bridge Cheese: So easy to clear this phase, "best in slot" discussion is mostly moot
-CE DS and Crota designated sniper team: I prefer BH-GH for DS and IceB is only best for Crota Tower Knight duty

The Symbiote helm put my Hunter at 27! Who's gonna carry me through CE?

lol I can help with this later if you still need it and will be around. So easy to carry low level alts in CE...

KanameYuuki

Welp, I really love Destiny and I'm going to buy the dlc for sure but this crap of Xur selling most of the time only dlc items (finally a helmet that I really need) and sometimes the weekly or etc, being dlc related is really pissing me off though but whatever, I just wish Bungie didn't do this kind of bullshit, borderlands also did it but it really didn't matter in that game.

Trace

Banned
Welp, I really love Destiny and I'm going to buy the dlc for sure but this crap of Xur selling most of the time only dlc items (finally a helmet that I really need) and sometimes the weekly or etc, being dlc related is really pissing me off though but whatever, I just wish Bungie didn't do this kind of bullshit, borderlands also did it but it really didn't matter in that game.

Hell I have the DLC and I'd be happy if they toned it down. Playing "defend rasputin" aka, 10x harder than any normal mission isn't fun every day.

Is this normal for crucible. . 1 match and I leveled up from 3 to 4. Is crucible the fastest way of leveling up a new character? Please don't make me play the story mode mama.

TheOddOne

Got two Efrideet's Spears today playing Iron Banner. Both handle different, but are equally as awesome.

Also, by random, I got the Toland’s Legacy Exotic Weapon Bounty by completing three Iron Banner bounties.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Got two Efrideet's Spears today playing Iron Banner. Both handle different, but are equally as awesome.

Also, by random, I got the Toland’s Legacy Exotic Weapon Bounty by completing three Iron Banner bounties.

Question: How do Iron Banner drops work? Do I need to hit a certain rank to have the possibility of getting an IB weapon/armor to drop post game?

Is anyone buying the IB rocket launcher? I'm considering it but I'll see how much glimmer farming I feel like doing.

I'll only consider buying it once I have two gauntlets and two TImur's. With GHorn, Truth and HoCrota I don't really need another RL (maybe Arc?). I'll probably rather save my Motes for as many chances as possible at his next helmet engram to get a Saint helm. Any RL without tracking is pretty useless to me, and I don't feel like dropping a bunch of motes looking for an Arc version of HoC.

Where did you get your Suros from 4 months in and I am getting upset.

Thankfully I got mine from VoG Gorgons chest, glad I didn't spend coins on it since it's one of my least favorite exotics. Still a good exotic and obviously very effective in Crucible but I personally dislike it. Feels like a plastic toy if I switch to it from Thorn or HMoon.

Haven't you heard? You are bad at PvP. No one denies this.

What would a perfect roll on efrideets spear look like? I guess what are the better perks?

-A short gaze scope
-Unflinching for PvP, Outlaw for PvE for first perk
-Field Scout + Perfect Balance in middle column
-Final Round, Firefly or Mulligan for second perk

This website shows all the possible perks you can roll on each node:
http://www.destinydb.com/items/2180040613-efrideets-spear#1.czWFUvo8

TheOddOne

Question: How do Iron Banner drops work? Do I need to hit a certain rank to have the possibility of getting an IB weapon/armor to drop post game?
It’s completely random, to me at least. I don’t think it’s tied to the level, because I’ve gotten great stuff on level 2, and awful stuff on level 4. You get something, most of the time, when you finish the match. A lot of stinkers in there though, lots of low level gear, old shaders, and terrible engrams.

I did buy the buff today, so that might explain why I got more rare stuff.

Thankfully I got mine from VoG Gorgons chest, glad I didn't spend coins on it since it's one of my least favorite exotics. Still a good exotic and obviously very effective in Crucible but I personally dislike it. Feels like a plastic toy if I switch to it from Thorn or HMoon.

Is the Suros close to the Vaquisher? If it is, I won't covet it so much.

Dazzler

It’s completely random, to me at least. I don’t think it’s tied to the level, because I’ve gotten great stuff on level 2, and awful stuff on level 4. You get something, most of the time, when you finish the match. A lot of stinkers in there though, lots of low level gear, old shaders, and terrible engrams.

I did buy the buff today, so that might explain why I got more rare stuff.

Saw two Plan C's drop last night, seems to be completely random

Waldini

All this PS4 Hawkmoon talk hurts my XBONE feelings.

When I play Destiny, I mute the sound of my tv and play the Hawkmoon shooting sound whenever I fire a shot! SO good!

Anyway... My NFs were utter shit. Warlock is 32. Next up, my Titan. All I need now is the Chest... and a lot of luck.

GTFO Optimus Prime.
Ok, im cool. Sorry GAF.

Is the Suros close to the Vaquisher? If it is, I won't covet it so much.

Yes, very very similiar. They are the same class of AR, which happens to be very rare for 331 attack weapons: higher impact, slower rate of fire.

Part of my dislike for Suros is that I have a nice perk roll on a 331 Vanquisher so I'd rather use it as my "Legendary Suros" in PvP, with my exotic reserved for Plan C, Pocket Inf or GHorn (only when doing the AR headshot bounty, otherwise it's exotic hand cannons all day erry day).

Hung Wei Lo

Sunlock melee is so OP with enemies, the range is crazy.

Also looking to do HM Atheon 2x tonight

A little late to this, but I'm in if there's still room. PSN is Kinezo - I think I forgot to add you to my FL the last time we raided. Hopefully I'll be able to catch your response on this since this thread moves so fast

I would LOVE to try this.

Pretty sure I can handle it after i tried that strategy you guys told me about staying together and forgetting about the oracles during the templar.

You could definitely do it, no question.

Shoot, I'll run flawless VoG any old day of the week. Still need to do a post-Templar patch flawless VoG just to complete my "flawless collection." It's a terrible idea for people who just want the trophy, but an absolute blast for people interested in a true challenge, the real spirit of what Flawless Raider should embody.

Youre so wrong...

Don't fall for her tricks Greeny. Hunters can only try to get ahead using tricky and deception. They are not to be trusted.

Top Bottom