• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I'm actually too tired to play Destiny tonight....madness.

That said, I'd love to settle in and watch a nice flawless stream from you guys. :p

lol Paging kadey, colonel + born2live... please report to the flawless raider trophy distribution center....

Actually not yet but hopefully a few hours from now. I'll definitely stream if we get another run going.

Hey Nami I just got my Art of Destiny book. God did you see the picture of the weapon/armor selection screen for the human guy. I wish they would of kept the characters gritty and not so cartoon like.

Deku Tree

Is there a reason that groups seem to prefer having a Hunter as the sword carrier on Crota?

They don't know what they're doing? They think invis is the answer to Crota?

People say Warlock is the worst but we wrecked Crota three times with three different Warlock samarui this week...

Namikaze1

Heavy ammo camping bastard.
Can't have the enemy take what's rightfully ours now.

on my way
Just join in when ready. :)

watashi mo
Senpai is joining?!
*faints*

Is there a reason that groups seem to prefer having a Hunter as the sword carrier on Crota?
Bladedancers can knife Crota and turn invisible. Thus no need to jump away from Crota. They can attack as soon as Crota is down the second time.

Gonna be doing CE at 7 EST if there is enough interest. I have 3 already. Just reply to me in this thread if interested or get at me on PSN - Reignofsparrows.

E92 M3

lol Paging kadey, colonel + born2live... please report to the flawless raider trophy distribution center....

Actually not yet but hopefully a few hours from now. I'll definitely stream if we get another run going.

I'll be around lol.

They don't know what they're doing? They think invis is the answer to Crota?

I use Gunslinger. Don't need invis at all...I guess it all depends on play style.

Sure I'll tell him. He's a bit stubborn. Just shout at him a bit, he'll listen eventually. (He the gall to argue with me that VoG flawless was easier than CE. People huh?)

People are the worst! Lots of folks thought CE flawless was harder at first, but it was all an illusion caused by the under-leveled damage scaling.

It doesn't really matter, all 3 classes can kill him in 3 combos as a Lv32. But people who are bad at the game think there are lots of requirements for easy encounters like Crota. You can
ab
use the Hunter invisibility to stay close to Crota so that you don't actually need to communicate much with your team or properly time Crota's shield breaks with the sword runner's approach.

Bottom line: class doesn't matter for the sword.

Senpai is joining?!
*faints*

image.php

border

Bladedancers can knife Crota and turn invisible. Thus no need to jump away from Crota. They can attack as soon as Crota is down the second time.

Wouldn't you need to put down the sword to do that? Seems like a convoluted way just to avoid dying to Crota. It takes just as much effort and wherewithall just to jump away at the right time. Can you Vanish while carrying the sword, come to think of it?

But then again I've never run the sword so I'm not sure if I should talk.

Oh no, the thread is turning into a Skype auto-sex-bot chat... time for me to make my leave before things really go south.

Wouldn't you need to put down the sword to do that? Seems like a convoluted way just to avoid dying to Crota. It takes just as much effort and wherewithall just to jump away at the right time.

Triangle+R1+hold square

(drop sword, punch to activate invis, pick sword back up and wait for 2nd shield break)

Everyone should try running the sword. Being a Lv32 gives you a margin of error large enough to drive a Mac truck through it

Waldini

Is it me or has Hard Light been improved? Still not a SUROS level weapon but its fun to use. The blue projectiles dont seem to come out the weapon though? Appear to be coming out the player model...

i'll hold you to that :)

Vault of Glass Normal
1 glottis8
2 madjackal97
3 gwright12047
4 cminuswarrior

2 more and we are good to go :D

EDIT: full.. we are good to go. thanks gaf! :D
I tend to stick to my words, and my reply was most likely useless but its the thought that counts right :p

M3Rocket

Never seen that done unless your talking about spawning on a team. I see warlocks fall to their deaths frequently.

Second platform I only touch the second one.

I just jump straight to the ledge from the platform to the right and below the main starting platform. Running jump, then hit the boost as soon as forward momentum is waning. The Warlock jump/glide actually lands softer and doesn't take down any health. On the Titan, it will damage health to a sliver cause it's a hard landing.

I have never been able to do that section using any of the platforms with my Titan or Warlock. Been doing the no platform jump since someone showed me on my first VoG run some months back.

Setup is for "Increased Control" on Titan. On Sunsinger Warlock, "Balanced Glide."

Wouldn't you need to put down the sword to do that? Seems like a convoluted way just to avoid dying to Crota. It takes just as much effort and wherewithall just to jump away at the right time. Can you Vanish while carrying the sword, come to think of it?

Yeah, but the main benefit is being able to attack as soon as Crota goes down the second time. You don't need to time your jump back up.

Shito

Ok, last time Xur sold Icebreaker, I was still somewhat low level (25), and I had two GAF players carry me through the 28 weekly so I could get enough coins to buy it.
Well, today, in return, I've just carried my boss' 25 titan through the 28 weekly, so that he can buy his first Icebreaker.
I feel like I have one less debt I owe to my karma. ^^

Oh, and for my trouble, I got this:

Looks usable!

Just rerolled efrideets spear and got firefly and performance bonus(kills refill mag) with snapshot. I should probably just stick with this right?

Mrgamer

I can take 80% of crota health with one sword without using the super.
No meed for invisibility either i jump on him while his sheild is up and start hacking away with the heavy melee only.
Cant say i never die but charging at crota while is shooting me is awsome.

Yeah, but the main benefit is being able to attack as soon as Crota goes down the second time. You don't need to time your jump back up.

A.k.a. you don't get to fly around the arena like freaking Superman/woman between shield breaks with the Titan mad hops.

Titan flex
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Edit: Fuck you top of the page, I'm leaving for real this time.

shem935

Banned
I can take 80% of crota health with one sword without using the super.
No meed for invisibility either i jump on him while his sheild is up and start hacking away with the heavy melee only.
Cant say i never die but charging at crota while is shooting me is awsome.

What is the best DPS combo for the Swordbearer to use? Usually I just mash R2

Deku Tree

If you jump as soon as the rockets fly over your head from the middle and kite towards Crota with the sword at the height of your jump then you can attack pretty close to as soon as Crota goes down even with a Warlock.

Top Bottom