• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Anyone have any suggestions on which legendary weapons are the best buys in the Tower (faction stuff included)? I've heard the Rapier is great. Anyone think any other guns are worth getting?

EL CUCO

IB rank 5. 331 ready Timurs Lash got.

Time to spend these 160 motes on re-rolling that, and the Spear I got yesterday.

Glimmer at 7k. The question is do I want to grind IB to level 4 with my Hunter, now.
I probably will

Deku Tree

Anyone have any suggestions on which legendary weapons are the best buys in the Tower (faction stuff included)? I've heard the Rapier is great. Anyone think any other guns are worth getting?

GAF favorite Scout Rifle = Rapier from Crucible
GAF favorite Auto Rifle = New Monarchy One
GAF favorite Hand Cannon = Crucible One
GAF favorite ShotGun =Secret Handshake from Vanguard

Ateron

Spent 28 motes rerolling the lash, got one with outlaw, field scout and final round deals more damage. This last one could be better, but I'm pretty damn happy with it.

I think I will grind a bit to buy another one just to tinker with it, might get lucky. At this point, if I could replace the final round with Firefly or Reactive reload it would be so broken it wouldn't even be funny. But I'm happy with what I got. The gun is pretty damn cool and it was the first IB I cared enough to rank to 5. Lot a fun overall, except for the late night lag fests.

On another note, I got 2 IB auto rifles, one was kinda rubbish but the other had Reactive reload, perfect balance and crowd control so it was a productive night yesterday. I think it might be a fucking beast in the right hands

Feorax

Anyone up for running VoG HM from conflux checkpoint? Just add your psn.

1. MattIgoe
2. WHOAguitarninja
3. forza_aldi
4. ditters1

We'll go when we have 6.

Zombine

Banned
Ok guys, quick question. Last night when I ran that raid with some DestinyGAF members I managed to get my hands on Black Hammer. I desperately need a crew to run the Weekly Nightfall quick, and hopefully I can get two people to team up with me from here get my 9 coins for Xur. But here is the dilemma; do I even need Ice Breaker at this point, or should I get the Warlock helmet? I can only afford one after I complete it.

ocean

Banned
How important is the attack stat on weapons for IB? My Light/Beware is better than Light of the Abyss in every single stat except it's maxed at 300 vs LotA at 331..

Ok guys, quick question. Last night when I ran that raid with some DestinyGAF members I managed to get my hands on Black Hammer. I desperately need a crew to run the Weekly Nightfall quick, and hopefully I can get two people to team up with me from here get my 9 coins for Xur. But here is the dilemma; do I even need Ice Breaker at this point, or should I get the Warlock helmet? I can only afford one after I complete it.
I would still recommend IB since Black Hammer is very effective only in certain events aka killing bosses with big crit hit markers.

Ateron

How important is the attack stat on weapons for IB? My Light/Beware is better than Light of the Abyss in every single stat except it's maxed at 300 vs LotA at 331..

At this point I think ping is king. Yesterday my friend was getting wrecked by blue un-upgraded auto rifles, losing trades against lvl 27s with his maxed suros. And he generally does okay. I was running a few matches with the epilogue to complete another thorn and it was doing okay against 331s so I don't think it matters that much. Go with the one you feel more comfortable, I guess that's my humble advice.

EL CUCO

Got the Spear at Rodeo + Firefly in the element I want.

In the tree there's Custom Optics, Armor piercing, Snap shot.

Keep or keep rolling? 23 motes out of 80 left.

Ill be around in about 20 min or less...wanted to eat breakfast before getting online.

Looks like there are at least 3 Gaf teams going now, seems like lots of interest in IB now that most people are done with their raids, etc. Looks like iRawr/Dhruv's team have an open spot right now. I'm sure someone will have to drop before too long.

ocean

Banned
You don't *need* Ice Breaker but it's worth having. There are occasions where it really shines, and chances are it won't be sold again for a long time. Helmets are on sale every other week or so.

Strikes with the Juggler modifier are way easier with IB. Plus, there are encounters where it's impossible to sustain crits to use Black Hammer's perk (like the cliffs phase of the Winter's Run strike).

Zombine

Banned
With that said, anyone down to run Nightfall? I really would love to get this done so I can pick up an IB. Level 30 Warlock Sunsinger.

Greenymac

Looks like there are at least 3 Gaf teams going now, seems like lots of interest in IB now that most people are done with their raids, etc. Looks like iRawr/Dhruv's team have an open spot right now. I'm sure someone will have to drop before too long.

I still need to finish the raid 3 times this weekend....Lol

Feorax

It's telling me i can't join your fireteam. I'm gonna try restarting the PS4 and joining.

I think it's because i have destiny on standby. To be honest, it might take a little while before we get another 4, so I'd hold off a bit, otherwise we'll just both be sat in orbit doing fuck-all :p.

Steroyd

Ammo regen can be so invaluable.

One thing I've learned with Xur is that's it's probably better to buy the weapons with strange coins then gamble with motes of light on the exotic engrams, far too many have regretted buying armour over a weapon that may not appear ever again *cough* Gjallahorn *cough*.

Of course, Xur is doing this thing where he's not selling exotic engrams atm, but yeah...

ethomaz

Banned
You know you can reroll it?
It is really not bad...

I can reroll for better stability? I don't know I have others Solar rifles too.

Edit - Just more 300 rep to Rank 4... it was way faster... instead 10 match to reach the 1400 I did 1100 in 4 matches... I'm in beast mode (did 3 bounties in one match... killed 26 dudes).

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyone glimmer farming GK? Just got Eris to rank 4 and need a ton.

PSN: Ourobolus

I have the checkpoint.
I'm there, if anyone wants in, join up.

Nuszka

Need to hit rank 4 in IB somehow tonight, hard to find time or a proper gaming session in the past view days. I should be available in about 8 hours if anyone wants me in their team.

IHaveIce

Banned
Anyone up from the Xbox One peeps to try Crota' End on Monday? Have Deathsinger CP.

Would also love VoG, think I have an Oracles checkpoints

Top Bottom