• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

border

What is the purpose of doing the whole raid in hard mode?

I suspect that many people will only do Crota once a week, rather than the full raid. Though that was pretty much the case with Atheon too.

The only difference is that it was so much harder to get your raid armor to drop in VoG that a lot of people ran the full hard-mode just for a shot at another set piece. But after 6 weeks of the much more generous RNG in normal CE most people have enough gear to get to 32 so there won't be as much interest in doing all of hard CE.

People doing full CE Hard runs will be doing it for materials for alts and chances at Exotic Weapon drops. The only reason to do VoG Hard was for Exotics and Fatebringer really.

GlamFM

Banned
I suspect that many people will only do Crota once a week, rather than the full raid. Though that was pretty much the case with Atheon too.

The only difference is that it was so much harder to get your raid armor to drop in VoG that a lot of people ran the full hard-mode just for a shot at another set piece. But after 6 weeks of the much more generous RNG in normal CE most people have enough gear to get to 32 so there won't be as much interest in doing all of hard CE.

People doing full CE Hard runs will be doing it for materials for alts and chances at Exotic Weapon drops. The only reason to do VoG Hard was for Exotics and Fatebringer really.

You will need a lot of energies to level up your primaries.

Good reason to run the entire thing.

I really wish I had ranked up Eris at the start. I don't even have her at rank 1. As it stands I'm going to be a few shards short of 32. I have 2 characters, and I need 18 more shards. Damnit.

Deku Tree

This is the main thesis of the article I guess:

What if Bungie understands that a structure like this frustrates the obsessives, and so resolves to give them a few cheesy options in expansions and updates - which mean that the hardcore keep playing, and gathering loot, long after they might have given up? These players stay invested. Then after a month or so of each exploit being 'available', the loopholes are closed and players have to find the new ones

And I think it's nuts personally.

Bungie obvi hates cheese.

Rymuth

Would anyone like to do the clan strike and raid trophies on PS4? I'm already in the AchieveTrophies GAF clan. My PSN is LordNimon. Please send me a message or FR if you're interested.
I'm interested, I'll send you a FR

Adding a few people right now. Hoping we can get something going once we get a few more people looking for mid to late 20s content.
I'd like to get in on this since I haven't done VOG yet. A normal run would be perfect.

Zombine

Banned
In one week I went from level 28 to Level 30 with a Black Hammer and Ice Breaker and great gear for my Warlock. 90% of it was due to DestinyGAF.

Deku Tree

So Crota is the only way to get the new CE raid primary weapons?

All the other drops will remain just armour? And the Deathsinger roll with the class item and possible exotic?

Seems so odd to do this.

I just need the Hunter class item, and the helmet for my Hunter and warlock. Just have the Titan one so far.

What is the purpose of doing the whole raid in hard mode?

Mats seems like the only reason.

Why did they go this route keeping all the weapons with the Crota drop?

Players will do the whole raid as long as they need or want radiant mats for whatever reason or armor with better rolls. If HM gives double mats they are not going to need radiant mats for long. Then after that I think almost everyone will only want to do Deathsinger + Crota for weapons and exotic chances. I have been saying this since the patch dropped that moved the chest to Ir Yut.

Frostburn

Would anyone like to do the clan strike and raid trophies on PS4? I'm already in the AchieveTrophies GAF clan. My PSN is LordNimon. Please send me a message or FR if you're interested.

I need the Clan raid trophy still, I'm also in the same GAF clan already. PSN US-Frostburn

Just let me know when you want to do the run.

Deku Tree

Now I just need more people in DestinyGAF to want to play. A majority of you that I met have been mature as hell, and it's a nice breath of fresh air to play with people who aren't idiots.

A lot of people around here want to play. I do. You can send me a FR if you want. Destiny GAF is fantastic and I probably would have moved on from Destiny a while ago if I didn't have Destiny GAF.

Born2Live

Players will do the whole raid as long as they need or want radiant mats for whatever reason or armor with better rolls. If HM gives double mats they are not going to need radiant mats for long. Then after that I think almost everyone will only want to do Deathsinger + Crota for weapons and exotic chances. I have been saying this since the patch dropped that moved the chest to Ir Yut.

I wonder why they didn't spread the weapon drops throughout the whole of CE like VOG? Surely that would have been better.

Bogeypop

Am I cool now GAF?
Why are Rare ships much better looking than Legendary ones?

MQXULhm.jpg

Cantaloup

We have several people intrerested in doing the clan raid. We have 3 that can do the raid now or within the next few hours: myself Kinezo, and blazeuk. If you're interested in doing it now/soon hop on now and let me know.

Deku Tree

I wonder why they didn't spread the weapon drops throughout the whole of CE like VOG? Surely that would have been better.

I actually like the new system better. My post may sound like criticism. But I think it's cool that people might be able to start at Deathsinger and bang out their exotic rolls each week quickly.

phen0m24

Checking in as I missed checkpointasaurus. Anyone have gorgons?

I have normal GK for a potential trade lol.

Also I see Drizzy et al in IB. If DD reads this: up for Flawless action later? :)

Mindlog

We have several people intrerested in doing the clan raid. We have 3 that can do the raid now or within the next few hours: myself Kinezo, and blazeuk. If you're interested in doing it now/soon hop on now and let me know.
What's your PSN name? I have about 50 outstanding invites so I don't know who is who. I can go if we do it soon.

Qwell

I can help with the raid clan if you folks need, I already have the trophy so if you have others that is fine, but we can 4 or 5 man it if you want. Just playing some pvp atm so feel free to send me a party invite or something if you wanna go now or soon. PS4 = Qwell

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I'd be down to do it right now. PSN is Daraman

Deku Tree

Just an FYI but you only need to take down Atheon from the CP to get that trophy.

Top Bottom