• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

ocean

Banned
Need four for a quick full Crota's End, if anyone still hasn't done it join on me or Greenymac! We'll be farming Gatekeepers while we get a team set up :)

Defuser

Got the Effreet Spear from IB. Reroll with my motes and got Spray and play/Final round and it has field scout. Quite happy with it. Looks to be balance for both PVE and PVP.

All done with glimmer farming. Now, I don't know if I should reroll this rocket launcher for better perks. I only have 18 motes atm, and I'd also like to save some for Timur's Lash.

traveler

Not Wario
Anyone down to run a last minute weekly? My lvl 29 hunter has still yet to run it and I'm exactly 9 coins off obsidian mind. PSN is grayfour if interested

Almost used all of my motes, but I'm fairly happy with what I got. Tracking and Clown Cartridge, with a Field Scout to boot! If I could have got cluster bombs instead of CC, that would have been prefect.

Great runs today IB trains! Hit some rough losing streaks but managed to stick together and tough out some good wins. Especially this last to turn in 4 medallions. Feels so good to cash those in! Not to mention the score:

AQMamIu.png

The teamwork was excellent.

Edit: ^ that's one big picture o_O

1 spot just opened with IB group

Cosmos_Man

FULL

I'll be back on in maybe 30 min if people are still going and a spot opens. I want to keep running IB until rank 5, I'm assuming the tempered buff will increase its percentage after the reset, might have to log out/in first or something.

Also need to run a glimmer farm at some point to buy two Timurs once I hit 5. The insomnia is strong tonight...

timmy

Need four for a quick full Crota's End, if anyone still hasn't done it join on me or Greenymac! We'll be farming Gatekeepers while we get a team set up :)
If you've got the room and patience for a newb, I'd join. My psn is caffemisto.

^ playing with non-gaffers and then reading about Destiny online (like reddit or this fucking terrible Euro Gamer article) always makes me appreciate this community that much more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-17-rich-stanton-on-cheesing-destiny

It's no wonder "the masses" talk so much shit about Destiny if this EG article represents any appreciable percentage of the player base... and the article+comments seem to indicate it represents a large percentage. Drives me up a wall reading crap like:

"The cheese for Crota is interesting because it's physical - once the party's facing him for the fight, the leader pulls out their ethernet cable."

Wrong! Cheese is using in game mechanics, this isn't cheese.

"This is the real meat - why does that loot pop feel so good, especially when it's cheesed? I think it's because Destiny is built on a rather cynical structure which is all about perpetual rewards."

I hate everything about these two sentences. Stop focusing on loot! Who cares! Play because it's fun!

"Hell, to do a Raid you need six people that can commit at least six hours within a one-week timeframe."

SIX HOURS TO DO ONE CE?!?!? argghllee barrggglleee ajdiajdia aij...

^ playing with non-gaffers and then reading about Destiny online (like reddit or this fucking terrible Euro Gamer article) always makes me appreciate this community that much more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-17-rich-stanton-on-cheesing-destiny

It's no wonder "the masses" talk so much shit about Destiny if this EG article represents any appreciable percentage of the player base... and the article+comments seem to indicate it represents a large percentage. Drives me up a wall reading crap like:

"The cheese for Crota is interesting because it's physical - once the party's facing him for the fight, the leader pulls out their ethernet cable."

Wrong! Cheese is using in game mechanics, this isn't cheese.

"This is the real meat - why does that loot pop feel so good, especially when it's cheesed? I think it's because Destiny is built on a rather cynical structure which is all about perpetual rewards."

I hate everything about these two sentences. Stop focusing on loot! Who cares! Play because it's fun!

"Hell, to do a Raid you need six people that can commit at least six hours within a one-week timeframe."

SIX HOURS TO DO ONE CE?!?!? argghllee barrggglleee ajdiajdia aij...

I didn't realize the loot from cheesing felt better. Who the fuck writes this shit man?

Now that I've bought Ice Breaker after weeks of hoping I'd get it RNG style, I have a strange feeling I'm gonna get it as a drop in the Raid next week.

lupin23rd

Good Crota run guys, fastest I've ever seen the big man go down.

Was the first time I'd done the bridge legit although I'd done the rest before, got my last armour piece (boots) out of the ordeal, so pretty happy despite not getting a weapon.

ERMint13

Now that I've bought Ice Breaker after weeks of hoping I'd get it RNG style, I have a strange feeling I'm gonna get it as a drop in the Raid next week.

I bought it as I passed on the upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Two hours max after buying it....yep it drops as an IB reward. Oh well I have almost 200 Strange Coins.

Pretty sure shit like this happens on purpose sometimes. Although I usually get a drop and the next week Xur sells it.

Atheon goes down so fast with 5x Icebreakers and weapons of light. Damn!

I don't want to complain about drops, but damn. Got my 3rd Thunderlord from Gorgon chest. My 2nd this week. No Vex of course. I am happy to be getting exotics, but a little variety would be nice.

Was the first time I'd done the bridge legit although I'd done the rest before, got my last armour piece (boots) out of the ordeal, so pretty happy despite not getting a weapon.

Yeah, no weapons for me either :( I'll take the 7 shards I got though, always stuck with energy from CE anymore.

ocean

Banned
Dhruv thanks for another one of your silky smooth CE runs. My Titan got his chest piece so he's finally got the full Crota set. With the shards I got in so close to 32 I can taste it.

3 more Radiant Shards and I'll be level 32. I still need to run CE on my Warlock so I'm hopeful about getting those 3 shards. I'll be ready for Heroic!

Yeah, no weapons for me either :( I'll take the 7 shards I got though, always stuck with energy from CE anymore.

Good run of crota, thanks guys good learning experience.

Dhruv thanks for another one of your silky smooth CE runs. My Titan got his chest piece so he's finally got the full Crota set. With the shards I got in so close to 32 I can taste it.

3 more Radiant Shards and I'll be level 32. I still need to run CE on my Warlock so I'm hopeful about getting those 3 shards. I'll be ready for Heroic!

Yea it was really fun running the raid with you fine gentlemen. :-D
I don't mind cheesing parts of the raid but since we had firabud with us I wanted to do everything legit. Everyone needs to know how to do it legit.

ocean

Banned
I don't mind cheesing parts of the raid but since we had firabud with us I wanted to do everything legit. Everyone needs to know how to do it legit.
Best part is, cheesing wouldn't have saved any time. We had zero wipes during the first phase, a very quick wipe at the bridge, and then zero wipes on Deathsinger and Crota.

This with a team where some players were inexperienced and level 30. It was an exemplary run tbh.

ezekial45

Banned
I got Ice Breaker today, and holy crap, this gun is wonderful. Now I realize why people swear by it. It's so wonderful.

Also, is the Fatebringer still an effective weapon? I've been wanting to give VoG HM a shot so I can maybe try to get it. I know its only a 300 weapon, but I still see people 31 & 32 use it on raids.

Best part is, cheesing wouldn't have saved any time. We had zero wipes during the first phase, a very quick wipe at the bridge, and then zero wipes on Deathsinger and Crota.

This with a team where some players were inexperienced and level 30. It was an exemplary run tbh.

I was impressed we did the death singer so easily, I didn't know how many newbies we had, but even with one it can make that phase difficult. Good run guys.

Nuszka

So reforged my e. Spear a couple of times , think I will leave it at that : rodeo , field scout, firefly , think it is decent for pve.

If someone is able to give me the gorgon checkpoint is the chest soloable? Don't have time to run the raid before reset now but need shards, lots of them.

lupin23rd

Absolutely, and glad to have GAF guys like you, Hawaiian, and RAWR to help out and be patient with people who are learning it.

How worthwhile would it be for me to farm the glimmer for radegast? Is there a roll that makes it worthwhile?

Tracking with Cluster Bomb would be pretty sweet, like a legendary Ghorn,
not really though.

Plus you'd have to be lucky and also get Field Scout, since the one round is meh.

timmy

Thanks a ton to all of you guys for bringing me along. Had a ton of fun and hope I can join again sometime.

Top Bottom