• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Best part is, cheesing wouldn't have saved any time. We had zero wipes during the first phase, a very quick wipe at the bridge, and then zero wipes on Deathsinger and Crota.

This with a team where some players were inexperienced and level 30. It was an exemplary run tbh.

Yep, I was still looking for the deathsinger when you guys told me it was dead :p

Tracking with Cluster Bomb would be pretty sweet, like a legendary Ghorn,
not really though.

Plus you'd have to be lucky and also get Field Scout, since the one round is meh.

I already have a tracking 331 launcher, could be cool with clusters too, kinda feel like I have to get it since I got the rank already, hopefully I don't burn through too many motes

Dammit, I was just getting the hang of IB and had a good team of randoms going, and then I lose my connection to the Destiny servers, at the end of the game. I hate when shit like that happens. I can't even sign back in. Bungie!

Tracking with Cluster Bomb would be pretty sweet, like a legendary Ghorn,
not really though.

Plus you'd have to be lucky and also get Field Scout, since the one round is meh.
That's basically Hunger of Crota tho.

It's not possible anyway. All the good perks (tracking, tripod, horseshoes) are on the same branch as to prevent too much of a OP build.

As it stands you either get a good perk on a single fire rocket (shit) or a three missile unguided rocket (still shit).

EDIT* I'm thinking too much PVP. I guess you could make a pretty good void/arc rocket launcher for Nightfalls/Weeklies with a roll with tripod and field scout and whatever else.

That's basically Hunger of Crota tho.

It's not possible anyway. All the good perks (tracking, tripod, horseshoes) are on the same branch as to prevent too much of a OP build.

As it stands you either get a good perk on a single fire rocket (shit) or a three missile unguided rocket (still shit).

Well good thing I stopped when I did, wasted around 16 motes. Ended up with tracking, clown cartridge, and a field scout.

This has been by far my best loot haul week for me ever.

RNG:
2x Thunderlord
Hard Light
The Last Word
Praedyth's Timepiece

Xur bought:
2x Ice Breaker
Obsidian Mind

I had as many RNG exotic drops this week as the previous 4 months combined. I must have the blessings of Nami or something. I don't expect it to continue but this was a good week.

joecanada

Some idiot random I was playing against in IB messaged me.

The butthurt runs deep.

How would he know where you got gear from? It's not really an insult it doesn't even make sense...

Thanks for ib train tnite gaf. One game was about 20000 to 3500... Insane how quickly that got ugly

Hyun Sai

The butthurt runs deep.

That is some really dense idiot lol. People that bought it from Xur earned it more than those who were just lucky and think that makes them special and better than the rest. Those kind of people who are angry when Xur sells the good stuff.

GlamFM

Banned
I got Ice Breaker today, and holy crap, this gun is wonderful. Now I realize why people swear by it. It's so wonderful.

Also, is the Fatebringer still an effective weapon? I've been wanting to give VoG HM a shot so I can maybe try to get it. I know its only a 300 weapon, but I still see people 31 & 32 use it on raids.

Fatebringer is still super relevant.

Go and get it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sorry to all who sent me invitations to do stuff, from Atheon to Iron Banner to Crota, apologies for the non replies

Mom has bronchitis, so I was with her, I left PS4 running hoping to squeeze a few game moments with Destiny but she wanted her son by her so I obliged
Kept her entertained with youtube, movies, facebook pics, didn't realize time went flying by, from 5pm till 4:30am I was doing stuff with her, she finally went to sleep, I was gonna play now, but I'm so tired =/

deicide2673

Neo Member
I got Ice Breaker today, and holy crap, this gun is wonderful. Now I realize why people swear by it. It's so wonderful.

Also, is the Fatebringer still an effective weapon? I've been wanting to give VoG HM a shot so I can maybe try to get it. I know its only a 300 weapon, but I still see people 31 & 32 use it on raids.

It is still a great gun. I use it on CE pretty much exclusively as do most of my clan. 5/6 of us used it on our flawless completion the other night.
Not sure how effective it will be on hard, we will wait and see. I hope to get the new raid hand cannon asap :)

The butthurt runs deep.

Haha what an idiot. As if RNG has anything to do with skill. Buying from Xur, ironically, is one of the only ways which requires some skill since you need to complete weekly heroics to accumulate strange coins.

Langy

Anyone feel like helping me finish the daily?

I'm at the end but the insta melee kill is making me wanna tear my face off!!

Add Langoit on PSN and hop in please =)

Jeez. Since ya'll Iron Banner trains is full I've been soloing it. It threw me into an in progress match down 8,000 pts with iRAWR and some of you.

Sorry I had to go HAM on ya :p.

So this seems to be the current daily cycle

Random daily > Seige of the Warmind > Random daily > The Wakening and repeat

Sad that you can predict what the daily on every other day is going to be now. So much content!

Does old iron banner stuff turn into 331 with a reforge? I'm kinda partial to the roll on my old timurs but the dmg increase and 11k glimmer savings is tempting me

Nuszka

That is some really dense idiot lol. People that bought it from Xur earned it more than those who were just lucky and think that makes them special and better than the rest. Those kind of people who are angry when Xur sells the good stuff.

This ^ Think Xur should sell everything at some point including VEX. Membership in the no vex club hurts and just being not lucky enough should not be the reason why i can not enjoy the games full content. Everything that Xur sells should be rotated as well , every week something else, so people who are commited should get a chance enjoying everything that the game has to offer - talking to you Thunderlord. I know it will not happen as there is not enough content but there are players like myself who play since day one and still don't have things the would wish for.

ocean

Banned
This ^ Think Xur should sell everything at some point including VEX. Membership in the no vex club hurts and just being not lucky enough should not be the reason why i can not enjoy the games full content. Everything that Xur sells should be rotated as well , every week something else, so people who are commited should get a chance enjoying everything that the game has to offer - talking to you Thunderlord. I know it will not happen as there is not enough content but there are players like myself who play since day one and still don't have things the would wish for.
Same here. No Thunderlord/Horn stings :(

On the other hand I've had Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, Red Death and Ice Breaker drop twice each.

njd_online

Banned
So I've been playing steadily since Day 1 but due to work commitments I've not had the chance to properly sit down and do a raid. So like all those fresh faced guardians who join over Christmas I'm pretty new to them!

If anyone is happy to help out I'm on psn: njd82

Ein Bear

So I've been playing steadily since Day 1 but due to work commitments I've not had the chance to properly sit down and do a raid. So like all those fresh faced guardians who join over Christmas I'm pretty new to them!

I'm pretty new and looking to try out a raid too - am up for joining in a newbie run!

PSN ID is EinBear if there's a group down?

Gordon

So maxed out Ruin Wings, VoG boots, and an Unfriendly Giant with Surplus and Field Scout, and I spend all my time eating synthesis, unless I'm just on a patrol or something and then I'm running out of primary because it's raining purple :/

Edit: Does Field Scout and the heavy buff from VoG boots stack, or is that redundant, beyond clip size? And is Ruin Wings just Surplus from a different source? I have the same ammo issues with weapons that have no ammo related perks so I don't think it's a conflict causing a bug.

Edit again: Can you tell I'm praying for a horn? lol

I'm pretty new and looking to try out a raid too - am up for joining in a newbie run!

PSN ID is EinBear if there's a group down?
Pm hawkian, he does new player raids every Thursday :) I don't mind doing a normal VoG as well, so you're more than welcome to add me if you're on ps4.

EL CUCO

Just wrecked a team of Primeguard and DoD members. The PG guys bailed out halfway HAHAHA

And to insult to injury, I'm playing as a 28.

Abylim

Anyone want to join my Clan, and maybe be available for some strikes? Want to get this trophy outta the way.

OH and finally hit rank 5 IB. probably never again, or if again, it will have to be with a group. That was a nightmare.

Zocano

Well.

Three Little Words is a monster at the mid range. It's got enough stability to even fight long range.

Still doubt it can be out hand cannons. Their TTK and RoF is just way too high and Three Little Words still has too much time in between pulses.

Well.

Three Little Words is a monster at the mid range. It's got enough stability to even fight long range.

Still doubt it can be out hand cannons. Their TTK and RoF is just way too high and Three Little Words still has too much time in between pulses.

Agreed. I combined mine with Plan C and used steady pop shots with 3LW to pick them off from a far or switched to Plan C when they got close (to devastating effect^^). Only snipers and handcannons bested me^^

Jinjo

I'll be back home in 3 hours. Calling my soldiers in arms again! Let's get the team back together and steamroll through some Iron Banner. Nearly rank 4, want to get to 5 tonight.

Just wrecked a team of Primeguard and DoD members. The PG guys bailed out halfway HAHAHA

And to insult to injury, I'm playing as a 28.

Niiiiiiiiice lol! Wish I was there. You teabag Datto? :p

Jinjo

Lol Datto wasn't there. Some dude named THEALMIGHTY and a couple others.

Datto is alright with me. He can come off as snobby but atleast he keeps it real

Oh yeah, he's definitely not a bad guy. Maybe misunderstood/has a bit odd views, but that's all. I'd still teabag him though lol.

Top Bottom