• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

BokehKing

Banned
Using Golden Gun against the bubble is so satisfying. Two shots to burst the bubble, two shots to instakill the guys inside.
Man I don't know, 4 shots?
That's just another reason why I feel like hunters get the sh*t end of the stick with golden gun.

Sure it one shot kills players, but so does a fusion rifle(I feel like g-gun needs a huge buff for pve)

I hope there their next subclass really has something novabomb/titansmash-ish

SkylineRKR

Got Efrideet's spear. Rolled it in Arc with Surplus, Final Round and Armor Piercing. And custom optics.

I wanted spray and play, but I can increase the reload with Ambush scope.

I wanted Arc too (or Void)... so I guess I should keep it?

Steroyd

Using Golden Gun against the bubble is so satisfying. Two shots to burst the bubble, two shots to instakill the guys inside.

I once stepped behind my bubble, and the guy with golden gun activated ran into my bubble, then we were both jumping in and out of it, nailed me eventually but wasted so much time trying to do...something.

If only I wasn't levelling stuff that made me shelf my saint helm for that match.

ocean

Banned
I once stepped behind my bubble, and the guy with golden gun activated ran into my bubble, then we were both jumping in and out of it, nailed me eventually but wasted so much time trying to do...something.

If only I wasn't levelling stuff that made me shelf my saint helm for that match.
Saint-14 is fantastic but I feel people have caught on. Been playing a lot of IB this weekend and have only had fools walk in a few times.

Really cool that Strikers who go inside to Hulk smash it stay blind after they wreck the bubble though :p

Steroyd

Saint-14 is fantastic but I feel people have caught on. Been playing a lot of IB this weekend and have only had fools walk in a few times.

Really cool that Strikers who go inside to Hulk smash it stay blind after they wreck the bubble though :p

That's why I abandon my bubble more, or place it in a place that effectively blocks a route for my team to flank.

Once someone placed a bubble and I stood outside pointing my sniper at his head waiting him out... Of course he steps out because impatience and I got a free kill.

ocean

Banned
That's why I abandon my bubble more, or place it in a place that effectively blocks a route for my team to flank.

Once someone placed a bubble and I stood outside pointing my sniper at his head waiting him out... Of course he steps out because impatience and I got a free kill.
Yeah, I used to stay inside them while capping a point just to taunt people to come in and shotgun their faces off.

Now I place them at chokepoints and entrances and just keep moving. Any allies who pass by get Blessing; enemies get blinded. It also acts as a shield stopping potential fire from your 6 if well positioned.

Deku Tree

^ playing with non-gaffers and then reading about Destiny online (like reddit or this fucking terrible Euro Gamer article) always makes me appreciate this community that much more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-17-rich-stanton-on-cheesing-destiny

It's no wonder "the masses" talk so much shit about Destiny if this EG article represents any appreciable percentage of the player base... and the article+comments seem to indicate it represents a large percentage. Drives me up a wall reading crap like:

"The cheese for Crota is interesting because it's physical - once the party's facing him for the fight, the leader pulls out their ethernet cable."

Wrong! Cheese is using in game mechanics, this isn't cheese.

"This is the real meat - why does that loot pop feel so good, especially when it's cheesed? I think it's because Destiny is built on a rather cynical structure which is all about perpetual rewards."

I hate everything about these two sentences. Stop focusing on loot! Who cares! Play because it's fun!

"Hell, to do a Raid you need six people that can commit at least six hours within a one-week timeframe."

SIX HOURS TO DO ONE CE?!?!? argghllee barrggglleee ajdiajdia aij...

What I wrote earlier about that article:

Sorry I keep commenting on the facts in this article but I can't resist arguing with his facts...

Rich, most people around here can do three Crota raid and three VoG at this point in way less that six hours...

Hahahahaha. Lolololololz. Wut?

Is he playing the same game as me?

Well he also admitted that he doesn't really play the game anymore.

BokehKing

Banned
Anyone want to do Crota now, I have yet to do it all weekend, got invited into by a group yesterday, but all they did was fuck around and joke with each other or eat dinner during the Crota fight leading to fail after fail, all I wanted to do was go in, take care of business and leave.

Anyone want to do Crota now, I have yet to do it all weekend, got invited into by a group yesterday, but all they did was fuck around and joke with each other or eat dinner during the Crota fight leading to fail after fail, all I wanted to do was go in, take care of business and leave.

I'm in, I need to do a full run (well, at least from the bridge on). Playing iron banner right now.

PSN illini_guy_05

I'm up for it, PSN: SicherLem

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce QuiMcWhine - my first ever angry Destiny message :D

0EmFUfx.jpg

todd360

Just wrecked a team of Primeguard and DoD members. The PG guys bailed out halfway HAHAHA

And to insult to injury, I'm playing as a 28.

Nice!

I really want to steal a world first raid completion from them. To bring glory to GAF. The problem is they always release on a work days in the early morning.

Can't do hard raid as soon as it comes out either due to work related stuff.

MrS

Banned
Oh yeah, he's definitely not a bad guy. Maybe misunderstood/has a bit odd views, but that's all. I'd still teabag him though lol.
Definitely would come through with the teabag. Can't stand that guy and his videos.

Rixa

I think for this weapon, perk "Send It" is kinda overkill. Custom Optics is better, but Iam not sure if it makes targets that are close to be too close.

Weapon

Test pictures, beginning of Fist of Crota:
SendIt vs Custom Optics, first 2 with SI, last with CO
Better zoom for enemies that are further away. Didnt notice any impact to damage due to range drop. Anyways, easy to switch (VoG Oracles with CO and CE with Send It -> Thralls so close if zoom messes).

Great weapon <3

todd360

My friend texted me yesterday with distress in his words. He told me that our other friend bought the titan helmet over an icebreaker. He only had enough coins for one.

Facepalms were had.

Sh0k

I'm up too, need to finish it with my Titan. I have a checkpoint at the bridge if you want to start from there or we can do it from the beginning. Let me know if there is room. PSN Shokleeto.

Greenymac

Looking for a few to run CE from the beginning. Ocean, do you still want in?

1. Greeny
2. Ocean

Hoping to start in 30-45 minutes.

SkylineRKR

I think I got 2 perfect Timur's now.

One is with luck in the chamber and spray and play, and flared magwell. Another is with Outlaw, Field scout and Crowd Control.

Top Bottom