• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

WipedOut

1/17 3PM EST - Deleted my Warlock and created a 3rd Hunter Lvl 1

1/18 5AM EST - Hit lvl 20, no PVP involved - Immediately put on old light 33 armor to hit level 30.

Now I get more chances at that elusive Horn before reset.

The Grind is Real!

EL CUCO

CUCO that's sick! Wish you were streaming that. What was your loadout?
Thanks lol
It was so early in the morning that I didn't even think about it.

Playing Gunslinger
Suros/Secret Handshake/Deviant LMG

Idky but I get lucky with Randoms. I'll have a few bad ones here and there but most of the times I get W's. Ask the clan of Gaffers that got smashed :p

we joined up after and crushed everything

LFGers were quite the experience last night. I wish more GAFers were on late at night. Bunch of immature pricks. We ran through Hard VoG with few problems, but they were jerks. They laughed and joked about each others stupid mistakes (there were many) but at Atheon when I was messing around with the Oracle and try to melee it with the relic I fell off the ledge and died they gave me shit. The very next try someone else died stupidly with the Oracle and they just laughed. Fuck those guys.

todd360

I will join you, brother.

I think it releases at 12 my time. I have a meeting that concerns the job I told you about at 12:30. Lol.

Oh wait its 3 hours, not 2. So it would release at 1 my time. I'd probably be home by 1:30. That's still to late to be world first though if the raid is mostly the same.

Two spots for IB. Join on Macello, Rubenov, or Jinjo.

Any spots left?

No mic right now

NVM I see Shokleeto took the last spot.

Anyone else running IB have spots? NVM. Remote play is acting up and I don't want to drag a team down. With the kids so no other way, will just play with randoms.

500 points to rank 5, last game of the morning before taking a break I got a 2nd sniper and a new ship. Played pretty bad, but this made up for it I guess. Rank 5 and glimmer farming this afternoon.

500 points to rank 5, last game of the morning before taking a break I got a 2nd sniper and a new ship. Played pretty bad, but this made up for it I guess. Rank 5 and glimmer farming this afternoon.

So it's normal to get to rank 5 without ever getting any IB weapons, ships or anything?

I've played a lot of Crucible in the past 2.5 weeks and have never gotten an actual decent reward other than blue crap and blue engrams. Maybe a mote of light.

Really lame. Would love a space bus.

I went to rank 0-5 in a previous IB with my hunter with no rewards and now with my Titan from 0-4 so far with nothing.

Deku Tree

So it's normal to get to rank 5 without ever getting any IB weapons, ships or anything?

I've played a lot of Crucible in the past 2.5 weeks and have never gotten an actual decent reward other than blue crap and blue engrams. Maybe a mote of light.

I think it's just random and you are unlucky.

Deku Tree

No Mans Sky will likely do it for me

Oh I forgot about NMS. Probably going to wait for impressions but if it is good I'll buy it.

This question is why I haven't bought Driveclub on a sale yet, I'm going to try my luck with Bloodborne though.

I'm still waiting for my Droveclub PS+ edition... What happened to that ?

Bloodborne for sure. I will prob end up buying a Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X + Zelda, but will only load it up once like I did with my Xbox one. OR even if I continue to play games still. Frankly I find it bear shocking I am playing Destiny as much as I did. I havent beaten a game within a year or so.

Yup I am a busy guy and I don't usually have a lot of free time for videogames. It's really surprising that I spend so much time playing Destiny. It is because I enjoy it so much though.

I am definately buying Zelda U and Xenoblade X. It's just a question if I will play them or not...

I went to rank 0-5 in a previous IB with my hunter with no rewards and now with my Titan from 0-4 so far with nothing.

This is my first IB, and I played a ton from Thursday to last night. I didn't see many snipers drop, don't think I saw any of the ARs, but did see a ton of ships. I got my first sniper late last night and then just got my 2nd one. Must just be luck. I don't think I'd grind IB hoping for it to drop, but at least you can get the handcannon for sure.

This is my first IB, and I played a ton from Thursday to last night. I didn't see many snipers drop, don't think I saw any of the ARs, but did see a ton of ships. I got my first sniper late last night and then just got my 2nd one. Must just be luck. I don't think I'd grind IB hoping for it to drop, but at least you can get the handcannon for sure.

It is a limited time event so the RNG should allow for one decent drop for everyone, ship, weapon or whatever.

Just poor design that I never seem to get anything to drop with IB from two full 0-5 rank runs. Well, one more rank to go this time so there's hope yet!

The Order 1886
bloodbourne
UC 4
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda Wii U

Am I going to play any of these games or am I just going to keep grinding Destiny in 2015?

The Order will ultimately be a minor diversion, but Bloodborne will most likely break my addictive pattern for Destiny as I will be unable to complete all weekly reset activities. I do wonder if I will come back to Destiny the same way as my Bloodborne time winds down.

milkham

just in the last 12 hours i got two efrideet's spears, two ships, probably saw 4 or 5 other weapons drop for our team, one gjallarhorn for an opposing team, and a ton of ships for everyone

Agent

Crotas End decided to shower me in gifts today. I got The Last Word from Deathsinger (free shard), Red Death from Crota (first one), Hunter raid helmet, Hunger of Crota (fourth one) and lots of shards. I now have full raid gear on my Warlock, Hunter,and Titan.

That made up for getting almost nothing on my titan last night. Hope I get as much on my Warlock when I run it on there.

Thanks for the run Greeny.

so, just picked this up along with the expansion pass.

Anything I need to particularly worry about before endgame stuff? Any major do's and don'ts?

I hate missable stuff so want to make sure that just killing stuff and doing story stuff is all I need to do pre-endgame.

Deku Tree

It is a limited time event so the RNG should allow for one decent drop for everyone, ship, weapon or whatever.

Just poor design that I never seem to get anything to drop with IB from two full 0-5 rank runs. Well, one more rank to go this time so there's hope yet!
they should have a counter and guarantee a few "fun drops" like they supposedly do in the Crota end raid.

Deku Tree

so, just picked this up along with the expansion pass.

Anything I need to particularly worry about before endgame stuff? Any major do's and don'ts?

I hate missable stuff so want to make sure that just killing stuff and doing story stuff is all I need to do pre-endgame.

No missable stuff at all. Enjoy! There are a lot of cool people in this topic who are happy to help out and play with you.

Read the guides in the OP If you want to figure out how to defeat RNG. The game does a poor job of explaining it to you..

Trakan

I've heard you can only get drops from Rank 3 on. I think you have to win the match to get a drop as well, so if you accumulate a few medals and redeem them you don't have much of a chance to get anything. That happened to me a lot in the first IB not rolling with a team.

Top Bottom