• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Waldini

SO.. VoG runs;

Run 1; 4 Mythoclasts
Run 2; 3 Mythoclasts
Run 3; 2 Gjallahorns

Several Fatebringers, VOC and Preadyth Revenge. RNG was good this day.

Mindlog

Reforging can be so cruel. Almost landed the perfect PvE/P combination I wanted.
Void, Unflinching and Final Round but no AP. I have the motes, but don't feel like losing that combination. Here's hoping I get another drop today.

I've heard you can only get drops from Rank 3 on. I think you have to win the match to get a drop as well, so if you accumulate a few medals and redeem them you don't have much of a chance to get anything. That happened to me a lot in the first IB not rolling with a team.

Been rolling with Gaf teams for both IB I ran. 3-5 was always when I play the most too.

ocean

Banned
It's finally happened: level 32 at last.

61OB076.jpg

Ready for Heroic.

milkham

I've heard you can only get drops from Rank 3 on. I think you have to win the match to get a drop as well, so if you accumulate a few medals and redeem them you don't have much of a chance to get anything. That happened to me a lot in the first IB not rolling with a team.

nah i dont think winning or losing has anything to do with it, that gjallarhorn i saw drop was to the losing team as well as ships and saw plenty of stuff drop when we lost as well

so, just picked this up along with the expansion pass.

Anything I need to particularly worry about before endgame stuff? Any major do's and don'ts?

I hate missable stuff so want to make sure that just killing stuff and doing story stuff is all I need to do pre-endgame.
Read the first post of the thread. Get to rank 3 with the vanguard and cruicble before you lvl up any fractions. Armor light level is more important once you hit lvl20. A lot of people here will gladly help you with the harder end Lvl things. You can do the VoG raid at lvl 26. Feel free to add me for anything. Ps4: iRAWRasaurus

No missable stuff at all. Enjoy! There are a lot of cool people in this topic who are happy to help out and play with you.

Read the guides in the OP If you want to figure out how to defeat RNG. The game does a poor job of explaining it to you..

cool, thanks!

what about clan stuff? I saw in the clan thread the GAF clan is not being maintained. Are there any benefits to being in a clan or anything?

Lemnisc8

Hi GAF,

I'm looking for four players tonight at 7pm gmt (uk time) for a ps4 VOG normal. As me and my friend are completely inexperienced (i have ran once all the way through, and my friend never) I am looking for experienced players with a Mic to help us through. Any takers please?

1. tUKEGib
2. tUKEAvatar
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open

milkham

cool, thanks!

what about clan stuff? I saw in the clan thread the GAF clan is not being maintained. Are there any benefits to being in a clan or anything?

no benefits to being in a clan except for a trophy for completing strike with clan mates and a raid with clan mates

Trakan

nah i dont think winning or losing has anything to do with it, that gjallarhorn i saw drop was to the losing team as well as ships and saw plenty of stuff drop when we lost as well

Yeah, exotics and ships can drop for the losing team, but I personally have never seen IB weapons/ships drop for the losing team.

Need 2 more for a quick hard GK+Atheon clear.

I'm down to join a Bubble Village at some point today, still need maybe 2.5k rep across two characters.

E92 M3

If that's true, I am screwed from getting the sniper lol.

Namikaze1

You dont need to win. I've seen plenty IB weapons drop in the past few days for both sides regardless of which side won.

Hunter bug helmet is best helmet. Titan derp helmet is pretty good too though.

It's pretty sad, but like the looks of something or not, you're forced to wear it to achieve the levels you need to hit for the content.

I like the armamentarium for what it does, hate how it looks. Also don't like how some of the pieces don't take on shader properties so they clash and look stupid.

ocean

Banned
Level 32, Titan Helmet, Hawkmoon.... So unfair... Only thing worse would be if you were wearing the ruin Wings... I really want that Titan helmet.
I have Ruin Wings too but I just got the Raid chest yesterday and haven't leveled it. I'll rock 32 with Ruin Wings or Saint-14 once I get 21 more shards and max the chest :)

If only RNG would bless me with Gjallarhorn I'd be all set until HoW.

Both my Titan and recently my Hunter are 32. Need Rank 4 to get Gloves for Warlock and I'll convert the rest of my energy to get to 32 on him too. Hopefully by the time hard mode is out.

Namikaze1

The trick is to say that this is my last match before the matchmaking timer runs out to get a guarantee drop. Trust me, it works. Three of us yesterday got the Sniper in our respective last IB matches. Mine dropped in my last IB match before taking a break for a few hours yesterday.

Defyler

Got a Payback SOS from VoG last night... Seems kind of all over the place like my silimars wrath. Not worth using / upgrading?

rNilla

It's pretty sad, but like the looks of something or not, you're forced to wear it to achieve the levels you need to hit for the content.

I like the armamentarium for what it does, hate how it looks. Also don't like how some of the pieces don't take on shader properties so they clash and look stupid.

Right now I'm stuck with the ugly Hunter chests since I don't have the raid chest. The shader matching thing drives me crazy--I usually end up equipping one that matches.

Right now I'm stuck with the ugly Hunter chests since I don't have the raid chest. The shader matching thing drives me crazy--I usually end up equipping one that matches.

Every ship, armour piece, weapon, sparrow etc should have individual shaders. And they should be free to choose.

The game does a really poor job of being able to customize your appearance. The higher level you are the more samey you look.

E92 M3

The trick is to say that this is my last match before the matchmaking timer runs out to get a guarantee drop. Trust me, it works. Three of us yesterday got the Sniper in our respective last IB matches. Mine dropped in my last IB match before taking a break for a few hours yesterday.

I'm going to try that later today.

Man that bubble train was hilarious, haven't laughed so hard in a long time. And best part is nobody cared that we were probably losing half the games.

Also got IB sniper with firefly so it wasn't all for naught.

rNilla

Every ship, armour piece, weapon, sparrow etc should have individual shaders. And they should be free to choose.

The game does a really poor job of being able to customize your appearance. The higher level you are the more samey you look.

Shaders taking up inventory space is maddening.

Hi GAF,

I'm looking for four players tonight at 7pm gmt (uk time) for a ps4 VOG normal. As me and my friend are completely inexperienced (i have ran once all the way through, and my friend never) I am looking for experienced players with a Mic to help us through. Any takers please?

1. tUKEGib
2. tUKEAvatar
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open
How long is that from now?

Top Bottom