• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I might be a scrub but my impression is that whatever happens in the first 60 seconds of an IB match determines who wins 90% of the time.

spyder_ur

Thanks, but actually scrap that. I forgot the Pats game is later today so I will be out for the game until at least 10ish, so can't make it unless it is delayed until then. Another time. If you have a need for the Crota checkpoint I should be free between 4 and 6 or so.

posting for new page

Normal VOG run

1. shaunLEGEND
2. ghaleonEB
3. gritesh
4. gdt
5. blazeUK
6. ????

Sorry I took the liberty of adding all your names lol

Let me know if you guys are still interested and we can run it as soon as we have 6.

SkylineRKR

I couldn't get field scout in any of my rolls. I was chasing an Arc sniper, so I stopped at Spray and Play + final round. There is also send it on it to max range completely, or perfect balance.

Reloads so quickly that 6 rounds don't really matter to me.

Lemnisc8

Yeah probably best. Wouldn't want to have to bail out midway or something. No worries. Good luck!

Edit: FULL

Understood. Once again, I'm sorry for the delay causing you to drop out, it's my bad.

So, i'm looking for one more player tonight at 8pm gmt (uk time) for a ps4 VOG normal. As me and my friend are completely inexperienced (i have ran once all the way through, and my friend never) I am looking for experienced players with a Mic to help us through. Any takers please?

1. tUKEGib
2. tUKEAvatar
3. Boguester
4. Glottis8
5. Kukawaki
6. Open

Preferably with some experience or a Mic.

Namikaze1

I might be a scrub but my impression is that whatever happens in the first 60 seconds of an IB match determines who wins 90% of the time.
This is true for Blind Watch. If you're on Alpha and you successfully switch spawn points, the round is essentially yours. If you're on Bravo and you successfully keep Alpha from swapping spawn points, the round is yours as all Alpha is doing is giving you free kills.

XblogPSN

Neo Member
Keep the lash, reroll the spear. While field scout is obviously good the other perks just don't proc often enough to be worth it. Especially Mulligan. Maybe the combo is nice, but I'd personally reroll.

Thanks ! Ok for you what is the best perks for this sniper ?

spyder_ur

What level have people been seeing the sniper start to drop? Just crossed rank 2. Is it reasonable to get up to level 5 by tomorrow? I do have the day off so should have some time tomorrow.

Lemnisc8

Yeah. PS4: iRAWRasaurus
you manage to get 2 very experienced VoG players :p we prob lack the Hawkian charm however
haha

Haha! I know, right? Added.

We are now full, thank you GAF!

1. tUKEGib
2. tUKEAvatar
3. Boguester (awaiting psn)
4. Glottis8
5. Kukawaki (awaiting psn)
6. iRAWRasaurus

Kick off in approx 1 hour.

Namikaze1

Thanks ! Ok for you what is the best perks for this sniper ?
It depends all on what you're planning on using it in. Is it for PvP or PvE?

I personally re-rolled my Spear for a PvE build since I mainly use shotguns in PvP.

If PvE:
Field Scout is a must. 3 in a single clip isn't going to cut it.
Do you want Firefly? If so, then you're in luck as you can re-roll it to get Firefly.
Rodeo helps out quite a bit with stability. It's best to go for this if you're planning on using Field Scout instead of Perfect Balance.

If PvP:
Unflinching
Field Scout
Perfect Balance

And I don't know what to recommend for a 4th perk.

GhaleonEB

posting for new page

Normal VOG run

1. shaunLEGEND
2. ghaleonEB
3. gritesh
4. gdt
5. blazeUK
6. ????

Sorry I took the liberty of adding all your names lol

Let me know if you guys are still interested and we can run it as soon as we have 6.

Hopping on now, let's see if we can pull a crew together. PSN is Ghaleon_EB. I'm up for CE as well, though I have yet to run that one.

SkylineRKR

What level have people been seeing the sniper start to drop? Just crossed rank 2. Is it reasonable to get up to level 5 by tomorrow? I do have the day off so should have some time tomorrow.

Rank 3 is when they started to drop like flies.

I got it during my final game when I was already 5 and wrapping up bounties.

Now that Lemnisc8 has his group set. Are there any others that want to run VOG normal?

These are the folks that were interested last page:

1. shaunLEGEND
2. ghaleonEB
3. gritesh
4. gdt
5. blazeUK
6. ????

Hoping GAF can come thru as I've had very unpleasant experience with LFG (racism over chat, etc.)

We can run it as soon as we have 6. I'll send out a party invite once everybody lists their psn's

my psn is shaunLEGEND

while having a bad game last night, IB rewarded my anguish by awarding me a Hawkmoon!!!

Gonna level this baby up, but first I need my glimmer for IB swag

So just used around 100 motes to reroll two IB rocket launchers.

1. Arc
Tracking + who's next (kill increases reload speed) + field scout

2. Void
Proximity detonation + increases reload speed when mag is empty + field scout.

The arc one came in about 20 motes but that void one took forever. Just gave up once I got that combo. I guess it ain't too bad...

1. Arc

2. Void

The arc one came in about 20 motes but that void one took forever. Just gave up once I got that combo. I guess it ain't too bad...

As cool as re rolling sounds it kind of sucks. I'm glad it's not in the game permenantly. It's like gambling

1. Arc

2. Void

I have the first one, exact same perks. I spent way too many motes re rolling it trying to get Tracking and Tripod until I realized you could only get one lol.

As cool as re rolling sounds it kind of sucks. I'm glad it's not in the game permenantly. It's like gambling

It's RNG within RNG. RNGception.

Yeah it does kinda suck but it's nice having the option. And I had motes to blow

I have the first one, exact same perks. I spent way too many motes re rolling it trying to get Tracking and Tripod until I realized you could only get one lol.

Which one? Is it also one those ones with the base stat as same as vendor or the other type with high velocity than vendor?

123rl

I'm off work on Wednesday. Any interest in a run through of Vault Of Glass on Hard mode? Xbox One version.

I've literally never played the Raid before. I'm lvl 29 and one upgrade away from 30. I'm in the UK and can be online from 8pm GMT

My Timur - Outlaw, perfect balance, crowd control. I think I'll leave this one on my hunter, so the 7 mag doesn't really matter. Should be pretty fast reloads. Think I'll buy another one once I get my glimmer game up.

Normal VOG Run

Thanks blaze and ghaleon for adding me.

1. shaunLEGEND (level 29)
2. ghaleonEB (level 31)
3. gritesh
4. gdt
5. blazeUK (level 31)
6. hung wei lo aka kinezo

So far 3 confirmed and online. Anybody else?

Hung Wei Lo

Now that Lemnisc8 has his group set. Are there any others that want to run VOG normal?

These are the folks that were interested last page:

1. shaunLEGEND
2. ghaleonEB
3. gritesh
4. gdt
5. blazeUK
6. ????

Hoping GAF can come thru as I've had very unpleasant experience with LFG (racism over chat, etc.)

We can run it as soon as we have 6. I'll send out a party invite once everybody lists their psn's

my psn is shaunLEGEND

I can help if the spot hasn't filled - psn is Kinezo

coy

Sent you an invite for IB but think we have a 6th already

I saw it a few minutes ago np.

I expect some Drunkstiny action later today Destiny GAF.

If I remember, I'll try to live up to the reputation. Xmas time was glorious!

I blew through 130 motes on 2 Lashes, 2 Spears and an AR and am still analyzing if I should buy a 3rd Lash and a RL to see what I can come up with. I may or may not have a gambling problem.

1. Arc

2. Void

I stopped re-rolling when I got Grenades & Horshoes, Field Scout and Clown Cartrdige (Solar)

Hiko

Banned
For Thorn is it better to use send it or perfect balance perk?

How good is this gun in PvE? I literally just unlocked the DoT/piercing rounds perk.

Top Bottom