• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

So what other games do DGAF play? . . I'm honestly sad about how lack luster my gaming is right now. Not enjoying most games. I plan to trade in Dragon Age I, CoD, inFamous, and Watch Dogs soon so I can put money down for 1886. I'm hoping this year gaming experience blows me out of the water but so far I just keep on playing Destiny for the grind because other games bore me.

Might pick up CoD used on my X1 instead since I do have some real life friends that play there. I do not have anyone on the PS4.

Started Far Cry 4 last night and I like it a lot

Definity

So what other games do DGAF play? . . I'm honestly sad about how lack luster my gaming is right now. Not enjoying most games. I plan to trade in Dragon Age I, CoD, inFamous, and Watch Dogs soon so I can put money down for 1886. I'm hoping this year gaming experience blows me out of the water but so far I just keep on playing Destiny for the grind because other games bore me.

Might pick up CoD used on my X1 instead since I do have some real life friends that play there. I do not have anyone on the PS4.

Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age are just sitting here waiting to be played. I keep telling myself that I'm going to play them tomorrow but then I find myself back in destiny. Hoping that the order 1886 and bloodborne pull me out for awhile!

List of games I bought and have yet to beat within the year: Dark Souls 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bravely Default, Final Fantasy X HD, Halo: MCC, GTA: V, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 +2.5, South Park, Bioshock: Infinite, Batman: Arkham Origins, Resident Evil 4, Valkyria Chronicles, If My Heart has Wings, Persona Q, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Killzone: Shadow Falls and Danganropa are the few I can think of at the top of my head...
I have a problem...

List of games I bought and have yet to beat within the year: Dark Souls 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bravely Default, Final Fantasy X HD, Halo: MCC, GTA: V, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 +2.5, South Park, Bioshock: Infinite, Batman: Arkham Origins, Resident Evil 4, Valkyria Chronicles, If My Heart has Wings, Persona Q, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Killzone: Shadow Falls and Danganropa are the few I can think of at the top of my head...
I have a problem...

Lol yeah we do have a problem. I bought so many PC games recently

The only other games I play on a regular basis besides Destiny, are Guild Wars 2 and CSGO. Also try MCC hoping it'll work one of these days.
Nope.

I will skip Timur's Lash. That rate of fire does not appeal to me.

Hawkmoon dropped on me on Saturday. My exotic Hand Cannon collection is now complete

List of games I bought and have yet to beat within the year: Dark Souls 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bravely Default, Final Fantasy X HD, Halo: MCC, GTA: V, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 +2.5, South Park, Bioshock: Infinite, Batman: Arkham Origins, Resident Evil 4, Valkyria Chronicles, If My Heart has Wings, Persona Q, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Killzone: Shadow Falls and Danganropa are the few I can think of at the top of my head... I have a problem...

Wooah bro. That backlog is crazy. If you ever feel like knocking out MCC storymode from Halo 1 through 4 I'm down lol. I'm only on the second mission of the first game. . trying to finish it before Halo 5 releases.

Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age are just sitting here waiting to be played. I keep telling myself that I'm going to play them tomorrow but then I find myself back in destiny. Hoping that the order 1886 and bloodborne pull me out for awhile!

There is just something about Destiny that makes me rather grind the game than start a new game. Also I never could get on the Bloodborne hype. Dark Soul-ish games just seem like they are hard for the sake of being hard.

Started Far Cry 4 last night and I like it a lot

My friend keeps on talking about FC4 but I'm holding off until the price lowers more. Have you tried the multiplayer yet?

The only other games I play on a regular basis besides Destiny, are Guild Wars 2 and CSGO. Also try MCC hoping it'll work one of these days.
Nope.

Ah I'm assuming you own a good PC as well as console right? I plan to buy a nice PC next year after graduation and I totally see myself playing more games with a PC, consoles feel limited. I would love to see how Battlefield plays on a PC (with mods?)

amar212

Does anyone know why they stop spawning after a while?

From my observation their sequence is mostly usurped when:

- some other player walks above the area on the ground level
- the 3 eds that spawn from the cave near-by randomly walk into the spawn area from above-side
- when the ship that lands near-by enters the area vertically

You can easily "cure" the state with going back above, kill those 3 ads and kill the spawn from the ship

Return, and you should have at least 3-4 runs without issues

Bloodborne seems to be a common interest around these parts, I'm a huge Souls fan. I haven't played anything else but Vita games since Destiny.

sephi22

I just got the game today. So these events like Iron Banner happen periodically? And if I miss out on them I miss out on exclusive gear?

Wooah bro. That backlog is crazy. If you ever feel like knocking out MCC storymode from Halo 1 through 4 I'm down lol. I'm only on the second mission of the first game. . trying to finish it before Halo 5 releases.

There is just something about Destiny that makes me rather grind the game than start a new game. Also I never could get on the Bloodborne hype. Dark Soul-ish games just seem like they are hard for the sake of being hard.

My friend keeps on talking about FC4 but I'm holding off until the price lowers more. Have you tried the multiplayer yet?

Ah I'm assuming you own a good PC as well as console right? I plan to buy a nice PC next year after graduation and I totally see myself playing more games with a PC, consoles feel limited. I would love to see how Battlefield plays on a PC (with mods?)
Yeah let me know whenever you want to do MCC, I just need to get my copy from my friend. The steam sales will get you! Its pretty nice being able to play games in 1080p + 60 fps. Sadly BF4 is unable to be modded, no idea about BF: Hardline but I want to assume the same. My biggest issue is starting up a game, getting midway then suddenly stop playing due to X reason. I tend not to return to a game after a certain amount of time.

The other day fig was with us and the same thing happened. Hmm...

tumblr_inline_niay4zbTZI1r8qyyd.gif

It's pretty decent, my i7 is one of the older models. However, I have a 980 and 16 gb ram, so it gets the job done. PC is great though! Only reason I bought my XBO was to play Destiny and Halo. I would have loved to see Destiny on PC.

blackflag

Bloodborne seems to be a common interest around these parts, I'm a huge Souls fan. I haven't played anything else but Vita games since Destiny.

Ditto. I tried to play sunset overdrive and MCC but I never played for more than a few minutes and just go back to Destiny.

I know I'll be all over Bloodbourne and Monster hunter 4 though.

Steroyd

rngesus this week has been too kind this week not only do I get a 2nd Efrideets Spear, but I also got it the same void damage, unflinching, ambush scope and final round but with the armour piercing I wanted and I only spent about 8 motes of light, I'm going to get such ass drops from Nightfall and raids after the reset.

I can retire Praedyths revenge to, you've served me well.

Daemul

Is this strictly for PVP? Because you can't even get two of those anymore, and the stranger's rifle isn't viable for PVE late game.

The list is for overall effectiveness in both PvE and PvP, which is why Strangers Rifle is there, for some reason that gun is ridiculously efficient in PvP. My list was just taking every Pulse Rifle which has been in the game into account. Like other pre-DLC guns, Super Pox and F&S are gone(Why? Fuck knows), but for those who still have them, they are still damn good.

Red Death may do less damage(though hopefully Bungie will fix what they broke) and may be harder to handle than its cousins, buts it's healing is a life saver. I have a very reckless play style(the joys of being a Titan), I constantly push forward at all times, and Red Deaths healing compliments that.

Steroyd

Tales of Xillia... If I've finished my Destiny bounties, and I was playing Ys Chronicles 1 on the Vita but these bosses are hard as shit.

patchday

I play COD: AW on the PS4 fairly regularly. Keep planning to startup Drive Club shortly.

Yeah DA: I pulled me away for quite awhile along with D3: Ultimate Edition. 'beaten' both of those. Although planning to go back to D3: Ultimate at some point to try to get higher Paragon levels. D3 is the game I wish Destiny would still more ideas from. No max gold cap, can gift items, trade, no caps on anything, etc. Maybe Bungie will relax after the DLCs are out. then they wont have a reason to delay progression anymore

Planning to get Elite Dangerous soon as well for the PC.

Sofa King

Just a thought, but does anyone think that Destiny will be a Playstation Plus game around September or so? I would think that player population will have dwindled at that point and they will be looking to move Comet DLC at that point.

Just a thought, but does anyone think that Destiny will be a Playstation Plus game around September or so? I would think that player population will have dwindled at that point and they will be looking to move Comet DLC at that point.

Considering Activision is involved, I'd say never.

hydruxo

I play COD: AW on the PS4 fairly regularly. Keep planning to startup Drive Club shortly.

Yeah DA: I pulled me away for quite awhile along with D3: Ultimate Edition. 'beaten' both of those. Although planning to go back to D3: Ultimate at some point to try to get higher Paragon levels. D3 is the game I wish Destiny would still more ideas from. No max gold cap, can gift items, trade, no caps on anything, etc. Maybe Bungie will relax after the DLCs are out. then they wont have a reason to delay progression anymore

Planning to get Elite Dangerous soon as well for the PC.

Biggest thing I wish Destiny would borrow from D3 is nephalem rifts. Randomly generated levels/missions with rewards at the end/throughout would be perfect for Destiny and help out with replayability.

I am in the exact same boat. Mordor is untouched and DA:I I have only done the tutorial...

Bloddborne will for sure pull me away but I don't know about the Order. Still got it pre-ordered though.

Top Bottom