• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

blazeuk

Anyone need another for NF? (2 runs if possible) I've just got home from work so won't be using a mic for a bit though. PSN: blazeuk

Ok so after the last 4 weeks of having literally nothing but energy and legendaries drop it seems that RNG decides to make up for. 3 HM Atheon's, 3 Nightfalls, 2 Crota's.

Icebreaker #2
Pan C #2
Mythocast (first one)
Mythocast
Monte Carlo (first one)
Dragons Breath (first one)
No Land Beyond (first one)

Maybe not the best exotics but I didn't have 4 of them so I'll take it. My collection is finally making some progress.

VoG hard mode @ ~4 pm EST
1) rawr
gao gao :)
2) scrubbie college friend who will most likely die since he has never done hard mode before :p
3) el_fenomeno
4)oSoLucky (?) didn't see a reply since I was in class
5 )
6)
jk about my college friend. Well he might die once it twice :p

E92 M3

Would an Exotic hand cannon that is every burn, but has 4 shots be OP? Fatebringer stats, luck in the chamber, range finder, and a choice of perks.

Too OP, or too cool?

DNAbro

I get the feeling special thing too, and I was lucky in that the first exotic drop I ever got was Ice Breaker out of the first legendary engram I ever saw. I didn't even know it was as revered as it is until more people had it - I loved it for sure, but I don't think we knew just how good it was back then.

Thing is, damn if I didn't feel a little inadequate without a Gjallarhorn when we were playing Crota at the weekend. The Gaffers were lovely about it and we beat him twice, but I knew I could have been so more effective if I had one and I felt a little bad for our fireteam that I didn't.

Lol
Last raid I was asked if I had ice breaker or gjallarhorn. I had neither. Then I was asked if I had a decent sniper and I said sure. It was not even fully upgraded. And I was level 30 lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I never cheesed Atheon and only Crota once. I have cheesed the bridge a lot but that is mostly due to groups insisting on bringing low level alts through.

I know you aren't opposed to cheese since I have done some Nightfalls with you. Are you doing Phogoth legit this week? Please live stream if you do :D
Ha, I am opposed to cheese as a method of merely seeking the path of least resistance. But you can see my stance, in fact with regard to this particularly strike, in this post.

To phrase what I'm getting at there another way: Nightfalls are a perfect example of when I will take advantage of and even teach others cheesy methods- they're what I demonstrate during "Nightfall clinics" on Fridays. This is because many Nightfalls are extreme, punishing challenges with massive risk. In many cases, for many groups, the cheesy method is the difference between success and failure- and failure carries an outrageous cost. They scream "break me, seriously, do whatever you can to survive!"

But I'd love to attempt Phogoth without cheese this time for the mere challenge with some willing participants. Could you clarify as to what you would consider cheese and what you wouldn't for these purposes, based on the previous discussion of the strike?

Ok so after the last 4 weeks of having literally nothing but energy and legendaries drop it seems that RNG decides to make up for. 3 HM Atheon's, 3 Nightfalls, 2 Crota's.

Icebreaker #2
Pan C #2
Mythocast (first one)
Mythocast
Monte Carlo (first one)
Dragons Breath (first one)
No Land Beyond (first one)

Maybe not the best exotics but I didn't have 4 of them so I'll take it. My collection is finally making some progress.

I saw a ton of exotics drop today across CE, VoG and NFalls even (surprising). We had 3 exotics drop from one DSinger phase.

3x Atheon: Vex, Monte Carlo, Univ Remote

3x CE: No Land Beyond (DS), GHorn (Crota)
I'm so sorry Yzen!!!

3x NFall: Armamentarium, A. Symbiote, and Hard LIght (first 3x exotic NFalls in forever)

I have never and will never need to buy exotic shards....

Ambitious

You're going to want Revenant. I just put it on my Warlock with Obsidian Mind and it's glorious. It's the blackest shader there is with very few white areas.

Could you post a screenshot, please? It's hard to judge the look of shaders with the low-res models of DestinyTracker's shader previewer.
The blackest shader would be Superblack, though. But I'd prefer a few white/brighter areas anyway, 100% black is boring.

I saw a ton of exotics drop today across CE, VoG and NFalls even (surprising). We had 3 exotics drop from one DSinger phase.

I'm so sorry Yzen!!!

3x NFall: Armamentarium, A. Symbiote, and Hard LIght (first 3x exotic NFalls in forever)

Yeah seems like there are a good number of them dropping today. Not a single one of my drops was on my main Warlock though. It's definitely a conspiracy.

Has anyone power leveled a character to 20 recently? How long should I expect it to take, and is it fully dependent on others running me through HM missions?

I have full cleared CE every week since release on my Warlock and I'm still lacking boots and helm. My alt(Titan) on the other hand got full gear in just 2 runs. I really want to do HM on my main but I need to see if it's worth it to delete and relevel a Warlock to redo the raid a couple times this week.

No you don't need to do hard mode every mission. If you're going the PVE route it helps to get decent bounties along the way. I would do patrol/bounties, level up and then try to do hard mode story missions if I was leveled enough. I realized if I'm gonna keep dying and it's gonna take twice as long to do a campaign mission then It's not worth the extra 400 or so XP. I can just kill 20 dregs on patrol and make up the XP gap.

It'll probably take you 6-8 hours to get to 20. After that you can just swap armor with your original warlock and do the raid.

You can also get easy PVP bounties like "complete 5 control matches" for xp

I wish more people had this kind of attitude in regards to exotic drops.

My buddy is complaining because he can't get Hawkmoon or Monte Carlo to drop, and I'm like dude, you have 32/34 (or whatever it is) exotics. The odds to get the right exotic youre looking for is tough. I just play the game and get the drops when I can. It's worked out for me. The only time I was freaking out was not getting Vex after 9 clears (lol) because my buddies got it in 1 clear.

I try to be as mild about it as I can.

I have 20 of 24 exotics. Only missing 4th Horseman, Hard Light, Thunderlord, and Necrochasm.

I realize that the chances of me getting an exotic, let alone one that I don't have are pretty much shit. :(

It makes me look at Nightfalls differently. I see Nightfalls as purely about the rep gains now, and everything else is a bonus.

Namikaze1

Pure epicness ! And gao gao is growl in japanese. Deals with 2 certain words I shall not mention here since fig might kill me.
uu9pmDP.gif

PM me!

Pure epicness ! And gao gao is growl in japanese. Deals with 2 certain words I shall not mention here since fig might kill me.

Lesbian bears are apparently a thing. Smooth transition into...

What classes do people want to bring for hard raid tomorrow? Obviously we'll all bring a Lv32 for the first run and most of us will have 3 Lv32s but we should kinda plan that out, including who wants to do the sword with which class since it will be back to the dark days of Lv31 swords. Honestly the Hunter invis strat is the easiest way to get consistent big damage on him but anything will work.

Like Nami mentioned we can just skip the chests for now and run straight through as fast as possible. I don't think "world's first" will mean much since tons of people will likely finish quickly, right around the same time. But it would still be fun to be "in the mix" so to speak.

Ha, I am opposed to cheese as a method of merely seeking the path of least resistance. But you can see my stance, in fact with regard to this particularly strike, in this post.

To phrase what I'm getting at there another way: Nightfalls are a perfect example of when I will take advantage of and even teach others cheesy methods- they're what I demonstrate during "Nightfall clinics" on Fridays. This is because many Nightfalls are extreme, punishing challenges with massive risk. In many cases, for many groups, the cheesy method is the difference between success and failure- and failure carries an outrageous cost. They scream "break me, seriously, do whatever you can to survive!"

But I'd love to attempt Phogoth without cheese this time for the mere challenge with some willing participants. Could you clarify as to what you would consider cheese and what you wouldn't for these purposes, based on the previous discussion of the strike?

Just giving you a hard time. I would say it is legit as long as no one re-enters the Shrieker room. Any rock or hiding spot outside isn't 100% safe so it is ok.

zewone

Could you post a screenshot, please? It's hard to judge the look of shaders with the low-res models of DestinyTracker's shader previewer.
The blackest shader would be Superblack, though. But I'd prefer a few white/brighter areas anyway, 100% black is boring.
I'm not home but I can when I can later. Is Superblack even available in the game? Don't think I've seen anyone with it.

I'm so sorry Yzen!!!

You stole my Vex and my Ghorn.

That is a seriously good haul for one week of resets. What did you do to Nami?

Got this in a Vanguard package. Worth keeping?

It has send it, but no field scout and it is elemental-less

Hu4SG2F.jpg

Jackpot my friend. Jackpot.

I got the Badger with firefly, luck in the chamber and flared magwell (reload).

It has the highest impact of any SR in the game. It may not have elemental but only raid primaries do. You now have a 331 scout with mac truck impact, firefly, and outlaw for reloading. You don't need field scout.

Long story short: You may have the best all around gun in the game with that roll.

Top Bottom