• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Entropy912

Neo Member
Question: In Crota's End, what triggers the spawning of the ogres during the bridge/swordbearer/gate keeper fight? The reason I ask is because when I ran the raid last night, we had one guy get the sword, cross the bridge, kill the gatekeeper then hide. The rest of us on the other side moved to sniper positions, so not on the plates and then the ogres spawned soon after. We sniped the ogres and that was that. Can anybody explain this part of the fight?

Palocca

So now that I have some time to comb over the new patch details at work, there's a couple of questions that I have:

It doesn't say if the self-res despawn has been fixed; does that still work?

It doesn't seem to address the fact that all players need to be on the away side in order to complete the bridge part of raid; doesn't that mean the cheese still works? Just with the added annoyance of the adds on the home side?

ethomaz

Banned
Question: In Crota's End, what triggers the spawning of the ogres during the bridge/swordbearer/gate keeper fight? The reason I ask is because when I ran the raid last night, we had one guy get the sword, cross the bridge, kill the gatekeeper then hide. The rest of us on the other side moved to sniper positions, so not on the plates and then the ogres spawned soon after. We sniped the ogres and that was that. Can anybody explain this part of the fight?
Every time I played Crota start on center, go right, back to center, got left... that is when the first 2 Ogers happens...

Steroyd

Using Thorn to tag people and shooting them through walls with my Efrideets spear.

yes, Yes, YES!!

You can't hide from me anymore HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

a) Depending on how stringent our criteria for "outlier" has to be, I'm sure it's more than one, Nami is DEFINITELY not the only person here to have every Exotic for example, and I'm not even that far off myself. Despite buying both from Xur, I've also found a Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker RNGwise, got three Hawkmoons each from a different source, and I got the Mythoclast my first time ever beating Atheon on hard :p Most people just don't rub it in the faces of the rest of DGAF that much. ;) Plus think of all the lurkers, or those reading that don't have their accounts registered yet.
b) Relatively miniscule- hehe. This thread which has existed for a whopping 7 days has got 348,770 views right now. This is an enormous subcommunity. I really can't stress it enough. There are a goddamn ton of us. Seriously. It's like a big deal. I'd honestly be more shocked if we didn't have a single member we could point to as particularly lucky, just as we have someone like Byron running HM VoG 40+ times or whatever without a Vex in sight.
c) Calling attention to the millions of players really is the crux of the whole thing here: in Destiny, you as an individual player experience one in a million events all the damn time, because there ARE millions of players. In fact, it's no real stretch of the imagination to say that it's possible you are the only player among millions to have experienced certain very statistically unlikely event sets, especially the more narrow you get about it.

You're putting your finger on the trigger with this issue in my mind. It's like people lose all sense of basic rationality because of their individual experiences. Not unique to Destiny at all, mind you- but it's one of the biggest culprits I've ever seen.

I'm not saying your wrong (statistics and random odds are not my thing), but it really does feel like there is something in the code that swings drops to favor what you already have. I have this picture in my head of a game that does a quick poll of what you have in inventory and thinks that you must like those weapons, so it favors that to give you a shot at a different perk tree.

With more loot, and much more frequent drops this would actually be a neat system. With perks on Exotic perks locked, and Legendaries being extremely scarce (engrams should not turn into energy), it would feel broken.

Since the vault is small, and any exotic is rare, most are carrying shit they don't like just so they don't take up vault space, or shard something that may one day get buffed into goodness. I wonder if the people that are getting "lucky" with drops play differently. Do they level Exotics quickly, and then put them in the vault, and just carry around what they need to complete the task? I carry around most of mine (even the crappy ones) just to put a little XP on them here and there. I also get a dupe WAY more often then I get something unique. Is it coincidence that I no longer get P&T's and Truth's since I didn't bother to upgrade them and have permanently vaulted them? Probably, but something does feel off about the RNG.

Lima

4th week in a row with nothing but 2 shards and 2 energy from Crota himself on all 3 characters. Still not a single helmet in sight and not even a duplicate weapon drop or something. This game is rigged.

Namikaze1

Wait, so when I make a "Talk to me, Goose" reference at least SOMEONE WILL GET IT?

Thank goodness

Waves at GK
83411-I-understood-that-reference-gi-6jlf.gif

fatebringer stay da king

2 weeklys in a row just dropping fools

also looking for VoG hard or a fresh crota run .. wanna finish my normal runs before hard

lunlunqq

NF1: Crest of Alpha Lupi for hunter (had a old one), better than nothing
NF2: Ruin Wings (the 3rd time I got it; so it's just one shard)...
NF3: Shitty auto rifle (SOS something)...

Vacation finally comes to an end tomorrow :(

At least I have the Crota run with my fun run team to look forward to tonight.

if they did it last night they probably despawned the enemies on the first side by going into the back the room. seems to spawn the ogres for some reason. but it wont happen anymore since it was hot fixed today. basically how it will work now is when there is at least one person on the far side and no one (alive) on the first side. the ogres will trigger. but basically the machanics are as follows

kill sword bearer
cross the bridge
kill gatekeeper
rinse and repeat 6 times
kill ogres
done

BuzzJive

So last night in Skirmish, we got off to a slow start. They went up about 1,000 pts right out the gate. That's when I got teabagged. So next time I killed the teabagger, I made sure to deliver an over the top, back and forth teabagging. Then we proceeded to come back and win.

You can't let them win. Never let the teabaggers win.

Though, if in a weak moment you counter-teabag, you'd better make sure you win.

hydruxo

Thanks for the incredibly quick nightfall!

I'll add you but it filled up quick. I still have two to do though if you're still up for it a little later.

Yeah seriously we rolled through that nightfall in no time haha, thanks for the run man! Thunderlord made short work of Phogoth.

phen0m24

Yeah if you wanna lose him as soon as the going gets tough...

I'll be your Iceman any day ;)

Hahaha reaper I loved Ice and Slider

I was waiting to see if he completed the quote from the end of the flick

This is the top of the next page? Am I going to hear about this from Dr. Drizzay? Well crap. ;)

Insert random rant here about patch notes, RNG, NEED MOAR VAULT SPACE, or I HATE CHEEZE

So now that I have some time to comb over the new patch details at work, there's a couple of questions that I have:

It doesn't say if the self-res despawn has been fixed; does that still work?

It doesn't seem to address the fact that all players need to be on the away side in order to complete the bridge part of raid; doesn't that mean the cheese still works? Just with the added annoyance of the adds on the home side?

based on the patch notes from last week and the new ones this week, the de-spawn doesnt work, technically.

however you can still do it.

get ones person across the bridge safely,
everyone on the 1st side dies incuding a warlock with radiance.
once the game recognizes the only surviving player is on the far side thus trggering the final encounter. warlock res and revive all other players. it wont despawn (from what Ive read) but it will allow sniping

P.s. I dont condone cheesing if you dont have to. the bridge encounter is fun. learn it, love it, live it

Top Bottom