• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

Team is locked and ready to go!

1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Bitsurugi - 32 Titan Defender/Striker as per need
3) rodiard - 32 any class
4) Captain_Cold - 32 Hunter/Titan
5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

I'll be sending party chat invites at 9:30-35 AM PST / 12:30-35 PM EST

For those who won't be joining and/or just want to follow our attempt:
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

Stream will go up early so around 9:50 AM PST / 12:50 PM EST. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

ocean

Banned

5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Stream will go up early so around 9:50 AM PST / 12:50 PM EST. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

Good luck! I'll be watching the stream.

phen0m24

Fig had to call out. Needed to replace her. Bitsurugi is her replacement.
Ahh I thought maybe more than that as that was last night. I remember the Darth Vader post.

Hey man. Good luck today. I hope you guys pull it off! Most of all: have fun. Come back with tips.

:)

And if you get Nechrochasm day 1..... lol

Steroyd

Heavy synthesis - ✓
Special synthesis - ✓
Primary synthesis - ✓
331 weapons - ✓
Gjallarhorn - ✓✓
Space for rewards - ✓

Don't forget to include shader space if I recall correctly on the rewards.

We generally do 3xR2, blink strike, 4xR2 then escape, because sometimes R1 with sword counts as blink, draining your melee so you can't use it again.

Seriously? Never happened to me,but nice to know it can happen. Fkn Bungie. :/

Namikaze1

Ahh I thought maybe more than that as that was last night. I remember the Darth Vader post.

Hey man. Good luck today. I hope you guys pull it off! Most of all: have fun. Come back with tips.

:)

And if you get Nechrochasm day 1..... lol
Thanks! I'm leaving Eidolon Ally in my inventory just to equip it at the last moment just for good luck. I need that Crux of Crota!

Good luck! I'll be watching the stream.
Thanks! I'll have to setup voice chat to be broadcasted so that you guys don't just hear Hive's growls, guns, and the game's OST.

Don't forget to include shader space if I recall correctly on the rewards.

Seriously? Never happened to me,but nice to know it can happen. Fkn Bungie. :/
I have enough room for two more shaders. I think. Gah! I just turned off my PS4! Now I have to check.

raindoc

can we talk strats and gear recommendations for CE HM?

(1) Caves:
I'm thinking about what weapon to use for the first part. Candidates are Vex Mythoclast, Saterienne Rapier and Fatebringer.
Vex is certainly a valid option, but probably not the best.
Fatebringer is the go-to choice in the level 30 Raid imo, but how will it hold up in Hard mode?
The Rapier is... let's just say in normal mode I prefer Fatebringer, but with higher level enemies?

Also: Leap-frogging. 3 guardians hold their ground, three move, then stop short of the lantern and turn around to cover the other team's aporoach?

(2) Bridge:
Without knowing about additional mechanics, I'd guess that the NM strategies should work, aka Titan with Flashbangs leads the way...

(3) Deathsinger:
I'm scared

(4) Crota himself:
The big unknown. More Oversouls? Raid helmet helps.
What else may be added? Weight of Darkness for everyone but the chalice-carrier?

noomi

Do you guys think they will bring back no revives as per VoG hard mode?

I really hope not :/ The lamps sections is going to be brutal without revives :(

Kensuke

Yesterday was amazing for me. Crota dropped the helmet and the very last exotic I was missing: Hawkmoon. I'm pretty much done with the game for a while after HM.

MrS

Banned

(1) Caves:
I'm thinking about what weapon to use for the first part. Candidates are Vex Mythoclast, Saterienne Rapier and Fatebringer.
Fatebringer is the go-to choice in the level 30 Raid imo, but how will it hold up in Hard mode?
The Rapier is... let's just say in normal mode I prefer Fatebringer, but with higher level enemies?

Also: Leap-frogging. 3 guardians hold their ground, three move, then stop short of the lantern and turn around to cover the other team's aporoach?
Song of Ir Yut, Found Verdict and Vex

jaaz

(1) Caves:

(2) Bridge:
Without knowing about additional mechanics, I'd guess that the NM strategies should work, aka Titan with Flashbangs leads the way...

(3) Deathsinger:
I'm scared

(4) Crota himself:
The big unknown. More Oversouls? Raid helmet helps.
What else may be added? Weight of Darkness for everyone but the chalice-carrier?

I really like the Vex in the Pit and Bridge parts. It does a great job of tearing apart Thralls. FB is a great choice too, although I also fear its 300 dmg might not hold up in CE Hard Mode...

Also on the bridge in normal mode, we sometimes have a defender Titan drop a bubble with blessing of light before a level 30 or even 31 sword carrier goes across the bridge with the sword, or when he gets to the other side (depending on where the Titan(s) is). This seems to help immensely when battling the Gatekeeper. We plan to do this with all 32s in hard mode to give them a fighting chance.

Steroyd

Do you guys think they will bring back no revives as per VoG hard mode?

I really hope not :/ The lamps sections is going to be brutal without revives :(

There's a no fireteam revives message when you first land in the pit, it would not surprise me if that's actually applicable now.

Since I got the game later, I feel like I am playing catchup with everyone. And that is why I've been so disappointed in my raid hauls. Since being able to tackle CE, I've run it start to finish 8 times and come away with:

Titan gloves
Titan gloves
Warlock gloves
Warlock chest
Hunter gloves

Red death
4th Horseman
Swordbreaker
Swordbreaker
Song of Ir Yut

At this rate, I'll be lucky to hit 32 before the DLC hits.

KxoZz

5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Let's do this!
Will 50 heavy synths be enough? would rather keep the little glimmer i have left, but will buy more if it's neccesary

Jaeyden

Considering that the VEX went up to 323 (?) when everything was still 300 it´s at least possible that the Nechro goes over 331.

I know I'm late to the party but the Vex was 323 for only like one or two weeks before the DLC and all the new 331 weapons. Considering that they dropped the max magazine from like 57 to 35 when they bumped it up to 323, all in all I would call what they did to Vex actually a stealth nerf.

MrS

Banned
Didn't see there was another group forming! Sure thing, I'd love to join.
Great. Hopefully it'll be live by 7pm UK time which is when I've asked everybody to be ready to start. Team below

1. Me
2. Hzoltan
3. Bitofadrizzle
4. raindoc
5. Noisepurge
6. ocean

Add me on PSN: Mr-Stephen

We generally do 3xR2, blink strike, 4xR2 then escape, because sometimes R1 with sword counts as blink, draining your melee so you can't use it again.

That is a good idea to do 3x R2 then 4x R2 after blink. Unless I am positive I nailed the timing going for 3x first seems safer. If you can 7x R2 hits in on the first sword then you should easily be able to finish before enrage even with a few fuck ups in between. Have you ever have it where you blink strike and then still get smashed by Crota? Is that him just starting his swing the moment you blink strike or is it a glitch? I've noticed the thrall sometimes track you even when invisible too. Really annoying.

Top Bottom