• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

Let's do this!
Will 50 heavy synths be enough? would rather keep the little glimmer i have left, but will buy more if it's neccesary
Just bring 20. There's a bug that randomly pops up where if you have more than 20 Heavy synthesis and you pop one up, you don't get any heavy ammo. It's a random bug.

That is a good idea to do 3x R2 then 4x R2 after blink. Unless I am positive I nailed the timing going for 3x first seems safer. If you can 7x R2 hits in on the first sword then you should easily be able to finish before enrage even with a few fuck ups in between. Have you ever have it where you blink strike and then still get smashed by Crota? Is that him just starting his swing the moment you blink strike or is it a glitch? I've noticed the thrall sometimes track you even when invisible too. Really annoying.

It happens sometimes especially if you're late with blink strike. General idea is to hit him with blink and move away as soon as possible. He can still track you but he won't hit you with a sword while you're invisible. And with 7xR2 with lvl 32 you can get his health down to 30-40%, so you can finish him well before enrage, or even before first ogres show up.

Also to do 4x R2s and escape successfully, you need to land first hit as soon as his kneeling animation starts. If you start after he's down, 4th hit is major risk.

It happens sometimes especially if you're late with blink strike. General idea is to hit him with blink and move away as soon as possible. He can still track you but he won't hit you with a sword while you're invisible. And with 7xR2 with lvl 32 you can get his health down to 30-40%, so you can finish him well before enrage, or even before first ogres show up.

Also to do 4x R2s and escape successfully, you need to land first hit as soon as his kneeling animation starts. If you start after he's down, 4th hit is major risk.

When you do the post-blink back away, have you already regrabbed the sword at that point, or do you then go grab it after you know he hasn't swung at you? It only happened twice to me so far, but it was annoying to be hit after blinking.

can we talk strats and gear recommendations for CE HM?

(1) Caves:

B) Single hunter sneaks through as usual? :D Unless they've fixed the end or done something about adding more required enemies to kill so it's hard to solo.

Will really have to start talking about strats when we know what has changed during Partychat. But yeah, bring your hard hitting guns, Heavy Ammo Synths and mostly raid gear due to probably added Oversouls and no revives.

Namikaze1

Damn that would be asight to behold, will watch the stream.

Hope this time the Ogres will stay on script Nami.
I blame Todd for that.

Crota starts moving to the right and he jokingly says "Ogre time!"

We all knew he was joking so we kept shooting Thralls and knights. I see this thrall coming up the stairs on left. As soon as I kill him, I see this lumbering bastard coming out from underneath left tower.

KxoZz

Just bring 20. There's a bug that randomly pops up where if you have more than 20 Heavy synthesis and you pop one up, you don't get any heavy ammo. It's a random bug.

I've heard about the one where if you consumables inv is full it fails to fill up your ammo, but this is new to me. Never had it happen to me.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
When you do the post-blink back away, have you already regrabbed the sword at that point, or do you then go grab it after you know he hasn't swung at you? It only happened twice to me so far, but it was annoying to be hit after blinking.
You need to immediately crouch after blinking and then grab the sword. He won't swing at you then. This is what works for me though, have never been hit using this method.

Don't think it matters, only time I got hit was when I was late with blink and I'm sure he had seen me before blinking. If he's standing and facing towards you, even if you go invisible he's going to swing. Best time is to hit him while he's getting up.

noomi

Annoying indeed, I've been doing the sword for a few weeks with my hunters via the bladedancer method. I can usually get crota down in 1 and a half swords turns.

Timing is everything, and I have definitely had crota swing at me and kill me after dropping the sword and blinking.

Funny, even after weeks of being the sword carrier I still get an adrenaline rush when going after crota. Dat pressure!

Namikaze1

1PM EST actually but they didn't say that it will be out at exactly that time. Just shortly after.

Anyone going to be streaming the HM Crota? I'd love to see it if so.
Like others said, I'll be streaming but don't expect to immediately see the raid since we will be waiting for Bungie to open the gates. All you'll see is Destiny main screen and hear us chatting about strats for a bit.

Nami will stream ;)

yes,
at 9:30-35 AM PST / 12:30-35 PM EST
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01
9:50 Am PST / 12:50 PM EST actually

The other time is for party chat invites. Plus I want to make sure everyone is on before starting the stream.

Annoying indeed, I've been doing the sword for a few weeks with my hunters via the bladedancer method. I can usually get crota down in 1 and a half swords turns.

Timing is everything, and I have definitely had crota swing at me and kill me after dropping the sword and blinking.

Funny, even after weeks of being the sword carrier I still get an adrenaline rush when going after crota. Dat pressure!

Even when I was with a rag-tag group of randoms, and got default nominated as a sword carrier since I was 32, and I clearly said, "I am still learning the sword but I can do it" and they said, " no problem, none of us know how to run it either" I figured ok, finally, a low pressure situation. But nope, as soon as I downed that first sword bearer the adrenaline kicked off and didn't stop till like 5 minutes after Crota was dead. It is so fun. No wonder there are peeps who just post as sword bearer mercenaries on destinylfg.

I want the Void Handcannon just to throw Atheon's Epilogue in the trash where it belongs.

+1 to this. Low impact AR's are absolute trash. Hand cannon's ftw.

Steroyd

Bungie....

Well I need to do CE with my Titan (Alt) to get at least 11 Radiant Shards to reach lvl 32 with one character :(

Might as well do hard mode with another character at this point, you're going to end up with a silly amount of shards and energies at the end of the day, I'm running my Titan or Hunter 1st so I'll have enough shards so my warlock will be level 32 by time it's time to use her.

E92 M3

Even when I was with a rag-tag group of randoms, and got default nominated as a sword carrier since I was 32, and I clearly said, "I am still learning the sword but I can do it" and they said, " no problem, none of us know how to run it either" I figured ok, finally, a low pressure situation. But nope, as soon as I downed that first sword bearer the adrenaline kicked off and didn't stop till like 5 minutes after Crota was dead. It is so fun. No wonder there are peeps who just post as sword bearer mercenaries on destinylfg.

Indeed, I can kill Crota all day and have fun. Exceptionally rewarding to use the sword.

Might as well do hard mode with another character at this point, you're going to end up with a silly amount of shards and energies at the end of the day, I'm running my Titan or Hunter 1st so I'll have enough shards so my warlock will be level 32 by time it's time to use her.

I'm hoping to piggy back hard raids to get enough shards for the next toon to get to 32. Go on my 32 Hunter first, get the shards for my Titan to hit 32, and then hopefully have the shards and energy from that run, plus level up Eris this week, and get my Warlock to 32 sometime before reset.

ethomaz

Banned
Some new experience with Fatebringer...

I just have the Fatebringer in one char, my alt Hunter, because her received the gun so she has the rights to use it :D

In my experience Fatebringer makes both CE and Nighfall way faster than normal runs with others guns... I did the same with my main Warlock and my other alt Titan and to be fair Fatebringer makes the game easy and way faster to kill even bosses.

I'm a new proud fan of Fatebringer + Gjallarhorn... I'm still trying to find the definitive special weapon but the two listed is unstoppable.

Fan fan fan.

ls_fb.png

+1 to this. Low impact AR's are absolute trash. Hand cannon's ftw.

Meh the adrenaline phase wore off for me. The first few kills were awesome but after that, its all down hill ;) I dont care if I have to run the sword now :p

I wont be streaming myself personally for HM CE, kinda paranoid about people watching my screen :p just makes me nerves haha

ethomaz

Banned
Yeap... I think I will need to at least finish the first parts in Hard with lvl 31 to get these rad shards.

I want to change the Rad Energies in Eris but I needs more tree or four days to reach Rank 4.

noomi

I think today is the day where we put the good ole Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence to sleep :(

The new primary arc/solar/void 331dmg weapons will reign as the new kings.

Good night sweet prince, it was a beautiful ride. I will miss you ;_;

jaaz

Can't say I'm excited for HM. Just wanna see if I get the new guns tho.

New guns are of course great. But aside from loot, CE really is a fun raid. I love the coordination at the bridge and at Crota. I'm excited for the tougher challenge.

E92 M3

Some new experience with Fatebringer...

I just have the Fatebringer in one char, my alt Hunter, because her received the gun so she has the rights to use it :D

In my experience Fatebringer makes both CE and Nighfall way faster than normal runs with others guns... I did the same with my main Warlock and my other alt Titan and to be fair Fatebringer makes the game easy and way faster to kill even bosses.

I'm a new proud fan of Fatebringer + Gjallarhorn... I'm still trying to find the definitive special weapon but the two listed is unstoppable.

Fan fan fan.

ls_fb.png

I still didn't get a Fatebringer, but do love TImur's Lash!

ethomaz

Banned
I think today is the day where we put the good ole Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence to sleep :(

The new primary arc/solar/void 331dmg weapons will reign as the new kings.

Good night sweet prince, it was a beautiful ride. I will miss you ;_;
Well I made a lot of test and the 331 primaries still do less than Fatebringer... I hope the new CE HM drops fix that but I don't believe.

It is like the Ghorn 300 >>> Any new Rocket Launcher 331.

Top Bottom