• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

noomi

Well I made a lot of test and the 331 primaries still do less than Fatebringer... I hope the new CE HM drops fix that but I don't believe.

It is like the Ghorn 300 >>> Any new Rocket Launcher 331.

That's a bit sad :( The perks on the word of crota don't look like they even come close to the awesomeness that is the fatebringer. Same goes for that new arc scout rifle :/

When's hard raid?

10AM PST estimates...

Steroyd

I think today is the day where we put the good ole Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence to sleep :(

The new primary arc/solar/void 331dmg weapons will reign as the new kings.

Good night sweet prince, it was a beautiful ride. I will miss you ;_;

I have a hard time believing a handcannon without outlaw will usurp fatebringer, it's stood the test of time, i really should have made an effort to emulate the fatebringer through Timur's lash, maybe next iron banner.

E92 M3

Maybe it is because I'm playing a lot against Hives (the expansion is based on them)... the Firefly just do wonders.

Yes, without question the Firefly is amazing for Hive. In other instances, though, Timur's shoots like a tank. So satisfying.

Yeah, we're going to skip both chests for now. First chest is RNG based and second chest is at the end of death row.

I still wonder which chests we can double up on.

boofa

Neo Member
Picked this up in one of my nightfalls last night, Spray & Play, Perfect Balance/Explosive Rounds, Final Round. Thoughts?
ehtFZ3Z.png

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i'm currently lvl 26. what level can i get to without doing raids? and what do i need to do? right now i've been doing The dark below missions but waiting on Xur. been doing strikes/patrols/bounties to try be able to buy from vanguard to increase light. don't know if i'm doing the right thing to level up.

Carn82

Hmm, does anyone know what kind of 'matchmaking' happens regarding game instances? Every now and then I see the same people in the Tower or during Patrol.

ocean

Banned
Well I made a lot of test and the 331 primaries still do less than Fatebringer... I hope the new CE HM drops fix that but I don't believe.

It is like the Ghorn 300 >>> Any new Rocket Launcher 331.
Did you compare against the same weapon class? Meaning a Hand Cannon at the same impact class? 331 versions should be doing better damage.

If you're conparing per-bullet damage across different weapon types (one Fatebringer shot vs. one Saterienne Rapier shot for instance), the results are harder to interpret since there are significant differences in range, stability and rate of fire.

jaaz

Hmm, does anyone know what kind of 'matchmaking' happens regarding game instances? Every now and then I see the same people in the Tower or during Patrol.

I'm nearly positive the matchmaking is based on your region. For example, I am almost always in a Tower with local friends of mine, even when we are not in a party, and with tons of people with "305" or "miami" in their names. (I live in Miami)

lunlunqq

I think today is the day where we put the good ole Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence to sleep :(

That makes sad. Never gonna let Fatebringer go! ;_;

Carn82

I'm currently lvl 26. I was doing The Dark Below missions but now I have two purple bounties. One is to kill Knights/Wizards and bring proof back to can't remember their name. She stands away to the left of where you spawn into the tower. I've killed some of them so shouldn't be long until it's completed. The other is to purchase the Urn of Sacrifice from Xur. I tried looking for him around the tower but can't see him so I guess I need to wait until whatever day he reappears.

Right now I've been doing a load of bounties/patrols/strikes to try increase my Vanguard reputation. I'm wanting to buy some stuff off them to try increase my light level.

TL;DR: what level can i get to without doing raids and how do i get there? i can't seem to find a straight answer.

Xur is in the tower from friday to sunday (timezones differ ofcourse). some more info: http://whereisxur.com/

You can get to level 31. You`ll need one exotic item and three legendary items to get there.

Pickman

I'm currently lvl 26. I was doing The Dark Below missions but now I have two purple bounties. One is to kill Knights/Wizards and bring proof back to can't remember their name. She stands away to the left of where you spawn into the tower. The other is to purchase the Urn of Sacrifice from Xur. I tried looking for him around the tower but can't see him so I guess I need to wait until whatever day he reappears.

Right now I've been doing a load of bounties/patrols/strikes to try increase my Vanguard reputation. I'm wanting to buy some stuff off them to try increase my light level.

TL;DR: what level can i get to without doing raids and how do i get there? i can't seem to find a straight answer.

You can hit 30 with vanguard armor that's maxxed out, and at that point do normal mode Vault of Glass (or earlier if you can find a sherpa willing to carry you).

Xur appears on Friday at 4 am EST and leaves Sunday at 4 am EST.

That chick is Eris, and if you complete those quests she's giving you, you'll get a powerful fusion rifle called Murmur.

If you complete Xur's quest, which will be incredibly hard at your level without some help, you end up with light lvl 33 gloves, the same thing you can buy from a vanguard rep vendor. Still, it's marks you can use on pants/helmet/chest instead.

Run lots of strikes in the vanguard playlist, and you might get lucky with a legendary/exotic drop as well.

If you find a nice sherpa they might be willing to run you through stuff like Nightfall or Weekly Heroic that will definitely help you along.

Carn82

i'm currently lvl 26. what level can i get to without doing raids? and what do i need to do? right now i've been doing The dark below missions but waiting on Xur. been doing strikes/patrols/bounties to try be able to buy from vanguard to increase light. don't know if i'm doing the right thing to level up.

Vanguard gear is the 'quickest' way to get to Level 31 (you'll still need one exotic piece of gear) You`ll get some legendary gloves from Eris though, so you dont have to buy those specifically.

Carn82

I would assume connection quality and region.

Always Germans in my tower.

I'm nearly positive the matchmaking is based on your region. For example, I am almost always in a Tower with local friends of mine, even when we are not in a party, and with tons of people with "305" or "miami" in their names. (I live in Miami)

Yeah, makes sense. Always hoping to run into some GAFers but the odds are slim then.

Ridwald

I'm currently lvl 26. I was doing The Dark Below missions but now I have two purple bounties. One is to kill Knights/Wizards and bring proof back to can't remember their name. She stands away to the left of where you spawn into the tower. I've killed some of them so shouldn't be long until it's completed. The other is to purchase the Urn of Sacrifice from Xur. I tried looking for him around the tower but can't see him so I guess I need to wait until whatever day he reappears.

Xûr visits the tower every week, he is present from friday morning (at reset time) to sunday morning (at reset time) every time at a different place in the tower (you will need one strange coin to buy the Urn).

If you buy Vanguard/crucible legendary gear at the tower you can go up to level 31. If you have a piece of exotic gear you will be a bit over 31 but you'll need raid gear to get 32.

gdt

31 without raiding.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
thanks everybody!

i'll catch Xur at the weekend then. I must've just missed him Sunday there.

So i should just keep doing strikes, bounties and patrols to be able to buy from my vanguard then max out the armor i get? i will look into finding exotic armor.

i'll see how this goes! thanks again.

ethomaz

Banned
lvl 31.

KxoZz

Finished preparing for the raid. Can't fuckin' wait!

Nami, will 30 mins be enough time to structure the group for the bridge and crota?

hydruxo

Eh they'll still be useful until HoW when they up the level req for Nightfall again

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Yay a Black Hammer, finally. Just need helmets for my hunter and Titan.

Thanks Greyblade & Co!

and all the new CE weapons ugh Destiny stahp pls

thanks everybody!

i'll catch Xur at the weekend then. I must've just missed him Sunday there.

So i should just keep doing strikes, bounties and patrols to be able to buy from my vanguard then max out the armor i get? i will look into finding exotic armor.

i'll see how this goes! thanks again.

Strikes are the best way to lvl up vanguard. What's your current lvl? I dont mind carrying you thro the nightfall and weekly.
edit: nvm I see youre lvl 26. Once youre lvl 27 you are able to do the nightfall but you will need someone higher lvl to carry you. I would recommend lvl 27 for normal VoG since youre a newbie.

EL CUCO

Vanguard gear is the 'quickest' way to get to Level 31 (you'll still need one exotic piece of gear) You`ll get some legendary gloves from Eris though, so you dont have to buy those specifically.
You don't need an exotic piece to get to 31.

You need 132 light to hit 31.
1 piece of maxed vendor gear has 33 light
4 x 33=132

With 4 pieces of fully maxed out legendary vendor gear, you can be at 31.

If your goal is to reach the highest level possible (currently 32), it would obviously take 4 pieces of maxed Raid gear or 3 pieces of maxed Raid gear + 1 maxed exotic.

Edit: pretty sure this is super late...

Nami will stream ;)

yes,
at 9:30-35 AM PST / 12:30-35 PM EST
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

1PM EST actually but they didn't say that it will be out at exactly that time. Just shortly after.

Like others said, I'll be streaming but don't expect to immediately see the raid since we will be waiting for Bungie to open the gates. All you'll see is Destiny main screen and hear us chatting about strats for a bit.

9:50 Am PST / 12:50 PM EST actually

The other time is for party chat invites. Plus I want to make sure everyone is on before starting the stream.

Right on, guys! Looking forward to it.

raindoc

You're all gonna die!

Lo there do I see my father,
Lo there do I see my mother, my sisters and my brothers,
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
Lo they do call to me, they bid me to take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

MiSeO50.jpg

Namikaze1

IHaveIce

Banned
Man I still need more stuff to level up and have decent weapons.

Only thing I could do now is grind PVP but no way I'm doing that without going insane.

So I need to run a raid on XB1. Or just some lucky chest cps.

No luck so far in the strike playlist

Top Bottom