• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Frostburn

So what are the HM differences?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2t6u0v/crotas_end_hard_mode_megathread_12115/

General

All enemies are 33.

No revives

Primary Weapons drops at all major sections. (Abyss, Bridge, and Crota)

Enemies appear to take less flinch damage

The Abyss

Chest is only a single drop

Weight of Darkness increases quicker

Ogres, Cursed Thralls, and Knights are now Majors (Yellow bar).

Oversoul Edict is a confirmed drop for this section

The Bridge

No Major differences

The Abyss Defiant is a confirmed drop

The Tunnel

3 Shriekers are now here

Shriekers will respawn

Deathsinger

Liturgy of Ruin will now activate sooner

Only has one reward

Crota

Chalice does not spawn

Hallowed Wizards will now spawn to the left of Crota

Gatekeepers have been added to the Crota fight

Boomer Knights and all Knights in Crota are Majors.

Gatekeeper does not need to be down to strike Crota.

Gatekeeper will despawn after Swordbearer is dead

New shader is called Glowhoo and looks like this: Preview, in-game screenshot

Fang of Ir Yût is a confirmed drop for this section

Word of Crota is a confirmed drop for this section

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Definitely. This will be critical.

yes.

Gatekeepers spawn (after each swordbearer?)

That's pretty good then. If I can get the scout and handcannon from the other areas then I have no need to fight that motherless son of Oryx.

What Bungie did is the equivalent to fighting game bosses. Instead of making them smarter to fight against, let's increase things and limit the creativity people can defeat him. For example. Instead of making him stand around like a moron they could make his A.I smarrter. Like if a swordbearer goes up to him he will actively try to intercept them and beat them down with that giant boat paddle of his so basically you need another person to distract him from the swordbearer. But no, Bungie would rather add more annoying ads and increase damage taken from them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
which guns drop from where is still pretty up to discovery. don't know if all are available from each checkpoint.

That's pretty good then. If I can get the scout and handcannon from the other areas then I have no need to fight that motherless son of Oryx.

What Bungie did is the equivalent to fighting game bosses. Instead of making them smarter to fight against, let's increase things and limit the creativity people can defeat him. For example. Instead of making him stand around like a moron they could make his A.I smarrter. Like if a swordbearer goes up to him he will actively try to intercept them and beat them down with that giant boat paddle of his so basically you need another person to distract him from the swordbearer. But no, Bungie would rather add more annoying ads and increase damage taken from them.
lol this is how all the boss fights are like in Destiny.

Both the scout and hand cannon seems to be a Crota only drop. Pulse rifle in the pit, AR after the bridge.

So, The Dark Below is an expansion that focuses on the Hive.

House of Wolves looks to be an expansion that focuses on the Fallen.

Do we think that trend is going to continue past that point? Will we get a Cabal and Vex expansion at some point as well?

After the "Comet" patch in September, we're due for 2 more expansion packs. Safe bets are on a Cabal and Vex focus.

Someone on reddit suggested something interesting. If crota enrages at 10%, sword runner should stop hitting Crota before he gets to 10% and try to kill him next run so the enrage doesn't kick in.

Ambitious

What happened in Nami's stream a few minutes ago? I was eating in the other room and heard them yelling, but when I returned the team was dead. Were they close to defeating Crota or what?

edit: Just saw the posts above.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Glasshouse might be a good Titan helmet too with the increased blessing of light duration.
true. if you have the luxury of 3+ titans one with that setup would be nice for some breathing room.
What happened in Nami's stream a few minutes ago? I was eating in the other room and heard them yelling, but when I returned the team was dead. Were they close to defeating Crota or what?

Extremely.

And now they did it. Congrats you guys! :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
lol this is how all the boss fights are like in Destiny.

True. At least Atheon was really creative. CE was somewhat of a disappointment coming from that. I hope they really though things out with House of wolves

And wow. It took hours to kill Crota.

Good stuff Nami's team. First on GAF. I tuned in and no less than a minute they beat it.

rNilla

YES YES YES YES YES YES

TEAM HUSK

3rgXBrOyE8F1KN9Mek.gif

Congrats Nami and team. Would like to see the video once it's saved and uploaded. Also curious about what the team's rewards looked like? Did everyone get something good from Crota?

Top Bottom