• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

My biggest problem with it. Would have been nice if it only spawned after every Crota move. At least then it would add some strategy to dealing with that obstacle. I was hoping we could kill it during the Ogre phase to use that area, but then another one immediately spawns. Bleh.

I really enjoy that part.

Skullfort all the way for my Titan!

I'll be back in about 40 minutes. You down to try again?

gspec

Detain fields.
Yeah that's it, BUT VoG HM wasn't held back for over one month and CE is really, really short in comparison to the VoG. Add some dev remarks a la "Crota has multiple forms" and you shouldn't be surprised that people expected somewhat more than what we got today.

They held it back a month and no primary weapons to find all the cheese by players then removed them. It was the only reason.

I'm actually impressed by the team that beat it in 19 especially if they cheesed. Keep your friends close and your cheese even closer. Most people went on YouTube telling all their methods but they waited for the right moments.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
About to solo the first part of hard CE. Low levels now is your chance to land that badass pulse rifle that shoots thunder.

Any of the HM raid primary weapons worth it?

I'm debating if I would even care about doing HM to be honest.

About to solo the first part of hard CE. Low levels now is your chance to land that badass pulse rifle that shoots thunder.

The first part on drops pulse rifles?

gspec

Still lazy. Its basically adding elements to prevent you from using certain strategies. Its not leading to a new one, it's kind of like they designed the hard mode after everything in the old one was figured out, we were lab rats.

That is exactly what they did.

Namikaze1

My first Crota's End Hard Mode drop:
B76O8SGIIAEttNP.jpg:orig

Team Husk
B76KobOIMAMg9mv.jpg:orig

Crota: LOL! Nope!

Feorax

At the very least, I'm glad that I don't need to play HM for the helm. The elemental weapons are nice and all, but I can't see it being worth my time trying to go particularly far in HM when I can get pretty much everything I need to progress at this stage from Normal.

Raegal

Anyone willing to take a 31 for Crota HM? I have gjallarhorn and icebreaker but still need another week of shards. PSN: DarkRaegal

Lima

The hiding down in the middle part was always a lame strat. I saw it everytime Ramez and co. pulled people through thre raid. I'm glad it's gone.

I didn't expect much otherwise and Bungie delivered mostly. There was just no way that it wasn't disappointing after they made us wait for it so long. However I do like what they did to the Crota fight because it is not as boring anymore if you are not the sword carrier. I shit you not I fell asleep a couple times during normals runs because you kill the dumb Knights with one shot and then you shot Crota and just stand there with nothing to do. At least now everyone has to be on point.

raindoc

I may be alone, but I think no revives/no chalice are legitimate sources of difficulty. The former forces you to be much more careful and punishes mistakes, the latter encourages mixing up builds and seeking alternative sources of regen/healing that aren't typically considered valuable. You have to play differently to accomodate. The artificial difficulty comes in with regard to the forced level differential. You play exactly same, but actions take longer. It's shallow design in the sense that all that changes is numerical, but especially considering that you can't be "at level" for it regardless of effort until the level cap is raised.

100% agreed. I'm fine with no-revives as the basic HM feature and no health-regen as a Boss-feature is also okay in my book, but that level-disadvantage as the prime difficulty-multiplicator in CE HM is not just lazy, but pretty sad. If that is all they could come up with in their 2nd Raid, I'm not looking forward to 10 years of Destiny.

EDIT: bold part: read: "until you buy the next DLC".

SkylineRKR

The hiding down in the middle part was always a lame strat. I saw it everytime Ramez and co. pulled people through thre raid. I'm glad it's gone.

I didn't expect much otherwise and Bungie delivered mostly. There was just no way that it wasn't disappointing after they made us wait for it so long. However I do like what they did to the Crota fight because it is not as boring anymore if you are not the sword carrier. I shit you not I fell asleep a couple times during normals runs because you kill the dumb Knights with one shot and then you shot Crota and just stand there with nothing to do. At least now everyone has to be on point.

Yeah Crota was boring as fuck.

R0ckman

100% agreed. I'm fine with no-revives as the basic HM feature and no health-regen as a Boss-feature is also okay in my book, but that level-disadvantage as the prime difficulty-multiplicator in CE HM is not just lazy, but pretty sad. If that is all they could come up with in their 2nd Raid, I'm not looking forward to 10 years of Destiny.

EDIT: bold part: read: "until you buy the next DLC".

It's clear this isn't "Bungie" anymore, I feel like they are a shell.

HighOnPCP

So we played CE HM up until Deathsinger on all our characters and gonna continue on friday probably, most of us had to leave now. So far I've gotten two of the new auto rifles and a shit ton of mats/duplicate gear. Hoping for Word of Crota from Crota and Crux of course.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yah. Just solo-ed first part. Got the pulse rifle.

And I think it's safe for me to say it may not be possible to solo with any other class other than Titans because...............

That damn OGRE! You guys weren't kidding about him. It takes no more than 4-5 shots to kill him on normal but after 10+ I didn't even drain half of his health so I had to bust out the Titan bubble and hope the bridge forms in time.

Top Bottom