• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

BreakJohn

just took down crota for the first time with my squad, man that was both exhilarating and bullshit all wrapped into one. now that we have the strategy down we just have to perfect our craft.

got the word of crota, what the consensus on this gun? and any of the raid primaries for that matter. do we have any new VoCs and fatebringers in this pack?

Lima

Apparently the Hive Disruptor perk prevents the Phantom Gift perk from proccing, just like how it prevented the White Nail perk on Black Hammer from working.

Not only that but it has explosive rounds as one of the middle perks too and that fucks it up too. So dumb. Gun is trash even if it were working fine. Got nothing on Fatebringer and don't even get me started about how it looks.

Looking for 2 for Hard CE from beginning through bridge (possibly deathsinger). We have one 31, but I think we'll be okay. Starting as soon as we're full.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Not only that but it has explosive rounds as one of the middle perks too and that fucks it up too. So dumb. Gun is trash even if it were working fine. Got nothing on Fatebringer and don't even get me started about how it looks.

The CE guns are pretty lame all around. If you look at the VoG stuff it's like someone actually thought a few seconds about good perk combinations.

At least there's Black Hammer

1.1M Ice Breaker sales is a nice fun stat but a more impor tantrum one would be how many raids have cleared Crota with fewer than 2 Gjallarhorns.

Normal is reasonable enough, you can take shield down with primary or sniper spam, but Hard? If there was 1 or zero Gjallarhorns in the group, it would be damn near impossible to get shield down with any consistency. Probably beyond the skill level of most groups. Maybe I am overstating it, but I think the encounter is broken for those of us unlucky to have a Ghorn or have enough friends with one.

timmy

You are one of the 5 we have.

There is still one slot for tonight's newbie Vault of Glass run at 9 EST, roughly 45 minutes from now. These are intended for first-timers and all encounters are explained in advance, but anyone is welcome (if you have the patience).

Minimum level is 26, please post PSN if you would like the slot. If you would to help out and for me to put you down as an alt in case no newbies join in the next 45 mins, you can indicate that too.
Awesome, thanks!

There is still one slot for tonight's newbie Vault of Glass run at 9 EST, roughly 45 minutes from now. These are intended for first-timers and all encounters are explained in advance, but anyone is welcome (if you have the patience).

Minimum level is 26, please post PSN if you would like the slot. If you would to help out and for me to put you down as an alt in case no newbies join in the next 45 mins, you can indicate that too.

Do you plan on doing one next week as usual? I have a Titan I want to try and bring in so I can learn some of the jump puzzles and flow with that character.

grief

Can I get in on this? I've been trying to do this for a while. I'm level 29 so I shouldn't be too big of a burden.
PSN: xGrief

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you plan on doing one next week as usual? I have a Titan I want to try and bring in so I can learn some of the jump puzzles and flow with that character.
The newbie raids (which are always at 9PM EST, Thursdays) alternate week-to-week between VoG and CE.
Can I get in on this? I've been trying to do this for a while. I'm level 29 so I shouldn't be too big of a burden.
PSN: xGrief
Absolutely, you're in. 15 minutes or so and I'll start sending invites.

milkham

saw this over on reddit
someone got a 365 damage pulse rifle in their postmaster
zu3QMEH.jpg

phen0m24

Colonel, feel like raiding with us tonight? CE normal run.
Hey lun I have to get my kiddos to bed. :(

Like many others today I feel very burned out. 828 hours in this game and my 32s are underleveled for a raid? Color me passive aggressively disillusioned. (Rant inbound)

"We don't want to relevel our gear."

Too bad.

"You want us to respect your time in the game."

They do what they want anyway.

Every time we speak out - they do what they want anyway. We're playing the game wrong. Not as intended. Bugs still there. Characters with dozens or hundreds of hours in them = underleveled? Only to do it all again in a few weeks?

Meh. 828 freaking hours. Holy crap.

Hamster = leaving wheel for a while.

someday

Banned
The newbie raids (which are always at 9PM EST, Thursdays) alternate week-to-week between VoG and CE.

Absolutely, you're in. 15 minutes or so and I'll start sending invites.
When do you start the sign-ups? I'd love to do CE next week but I don't want to try to hold a spot this early.

Looking for 2 for Hard CE from beginning through bridge (possibly deathsinger). We have one 31, but I think we'll be okay. Starting as soon as we're full.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

New plan, fresh normal CE if anyone wants it. We're starting with 4, so just join in whenever.

Need 2

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

lunlunqq

Hey lun I have to get my kiddos to bed. :(

Like many others today I feel very burned out. 828 hours in this game and my 32s are underleveled for a raid? Color me passive aggressively disillusioned. (Rant inbound)

"We don't want to relevel our gear."

Too bad.

"You want us to respect your time in the game."

They do what they want anyway.

Every time we speak out - they do what they want anyway. We're playing the game wrong. Not as intended. Bugs still there. Characters with dozens or hundreds of hours in them = underleveled? Only to do it all again in a few weeks?

Meh. 828 freaking hours. Holy crap.

No problem buddy. Maybe I should take a break, too.

Deku Tree

It was definitely an impressive run. I love the fact that no one had heard of them until yesterday.

Yeah and they were team Hunger of Crota too. I didn't notice any Wolfpack rounds hitting Crota.

Focused fire was big for them and everyone, take down a bullet sponge quick if you have a bunch of guns on them at once.

gdt

Okay new problem is that there aren't enough 32 Titans to go around.

Team is stalling because of lack of 32 Titans. There have to be other strats going around. Any non Titan critical strats?

Lima

Team is stalling because of lack of 32 Titans. There have to be other strats going around. Any non Titan critical strats?

Yeah the left side strat that was mostly used on normal too. Have focused fire on the Knights and wizard so they go down quick. No titan needed at all.

Titans aren't remotely critical or even important, I don't know why they would be considered as such. There are many ways to regen health, maybe 1 Titan would be useful, don't need blind bubble or anything else.

God bless Colonel. Take care and hopefully Fun Runs can resume when/if the fun returns.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm a 32 Titan but you guys were full :)

After playing around 350 hours, I think my team and myself are going to stop playing Destiny. We enjoyed a lot of that hours, but after the first weeks when we began to discover the almost inexistent story, lore, characters, the enormous lack of content and the excessive grind to do everything, a few friends called it off. Then we keep playing five friends, even we purchased the expansion pass, hoping that TDB (And HOW) would bring more or less new content.

Then TDB came out, and we found that only a few parts of the ¿¡three!? story missions and the two strikes (PS4 here) were new, the rest were reused assets. And the new vendor was another grind. Anyway the core gameplay was fun, so we keep playing, even we leveled a few alts, and we did our VoG 30 and CE weekly runs. But now the grind and repetition is beginning to wear, CE 33 is a joke (and at least in my case was my last chance for Bungie for show something decent in terms of design) and the RNG of this game is terrible, only two of the five of the crew have Gjarhorns, and they have received it at least two times. Same with other weapons and exotics in general.

So what now? I don't know if we will try to get the Platinum, or try a bit CE 33, but at least myself (who usually is the person that organizes the raids and gets everyone together) I'm going to stop playing, or at least no so much. Maybe helping some friends with the Nightfall, if they miss someone for a raid, but nothing more (I'm not going to organize more raids, that for sure, nor keeping leveled the alters). No more doing the same bounties again and again, and grinding like a bitch to level some equipment. Also I love to explore in my games, and I'm bored to tears to go the same places again and again for the 20th time. And also I'm very disappointed with Bungie.

About the last part, is specially a salty wound. Never had a Xbox or X360, but played a lot of the Halo games (SP and MP) in a friends house, and it was pretty good. When Destiny was announced I couldn't stop telling my friends how amazing was Bungie and how Destiny was going to rock (even I got a friend to buy a PS4 for this game). Then we got what we got, and even then I keep my faith in Bungie, and I hope that TDB would bring at least entire new missions and Strikes. And we got a lot of refurbished shit (minus the raid). That was the final straw.

TL;dr I was dissapointed with the game, but it was fun to play and enjoy with the friends (and I had hopes with TDB). Then TDB came out, it was very dissapointing, but I keep playing because of my friends, but the grind has wear me, and CE 33 extremely lazy design has opened my eyes, and I'm going to stop playing the game.

Top Bottom