• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

jaaz

Radiant mats all around from two full CE runs yesterday. Drops have reduced dramatically for me since day 1 of CE. Maybe that's what Bungie meant when it "fixed" the loot table.

Sh0k

Crota's raid helmet only drops from defeating Crota? I have Raid Gauntlets, Chest Armor and Boots for my Warlock with an exotic helmet to get to level 32, but I really want to keep any of the 3 exotic chest armors and replace the helmet with the raid one to get to level 32.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Yesterday played one IB game and tried the Vex Mythoclast for the first time. Haven't used the gun at all in PvE as I dislike its tiny ammo clip so I haven't even upgraded that at all (attack something 27x).
But what a BEAST it is in crucible. Mein gott! Just monster even against level capped enemies. I have played with VoC but now I have found a new primary.

Now goal is to get to level 4 so I can buy those gauntlets. Hopefully able to get there as I don't have too much time to play. At least start was good as I got 70% of level 1 done with one round (no bounties). Adding the increasing bonuses towards the end of week I should be ok.

Amon-Lau

Crota's raid helmet only drops from defeating Crota? I have Raid Gauntlets, Chest Armor and Boots for my Warlock with an exotic helmet to get to level 32, but I really want to keep any of the 3 exotic chest armors and replace the helmet with the raid one to get to level 32.
Nope! Had a friend who got the helmet from the first checkpoint, but this was before the patch in case they changed something with it~ :p

Trust me, the rage that filled me when I saw him getting it right there was unlimited... xP

Ambitious

I think if you can manage ALL of the bounties Sunday/Monday and can actually win a bit it's very manageable with probably 3-4 hours each day. It really just depends on how many wins you get.

In fact a lot of people have wised up and don't even bother with Iron Banner until late in the weekend because that's when you get the most "bang for your buck".

If you aren't doing it for fun besides ranking up to buy stuff/or struggle in PVP it's better to just minimize the length of time you play it anyway.

Oh well. I'll just play for a while and see how it goes.
All I want is Timur's Lash, but I've got another fine HC I could use instead. So it's not the end of the world it I don't manage to get TL this time.

E92 M3

Nope! Had a friend who got the helmet from the first checkpoint, but this was before the patch in case they changed something with it~ :p

Trust me, the rage that filled me when I saw him getting it right there was unlimited... xP

No way! Must have been a super glitch lol

for asking people not to turn sessions i started (and kept open just in case someone who's not comfortable with soloing it wants to join) into speed-runs?

okay. i absolutely don't get why I'm attacked here, as i was just asking people joining me to respect my way of playing... but okay.
I think you could've alleviated a perceived tone of your post by doing one of two things:

1) Communicating via mic to anyone who joins your game that you're taking it slowly.
2) Setting your party to "Invite Only."

Instead, you chose to advertise a seemingly frustrated post via here. As you've replied several times now, you certainly meant no harm. Just offering that there is a different way you can approach this matter in the future.

for asking people not to turn sessions i started (and kept open just in case someone who's not comfortable with soloing it wants to join) into speed-runs?

Instead, you chose to advertise a seemingly frustrated post via here. As you've replied several times now, you certainly meant no harm. Just offering that there is a different way you can approach this matter in the future.

and this is still a huuuge community with hundreds of players, we honestly can't keep up with all nicknames and remember who likes what flavour of ice cream. Don't get insulted, nothing personal :)

I want to leave here another big thanks to last night CE group of:

greyblade
dontbrikme
Frey
FD

You guys were pretty cool and the runs were fun.

It was unbelievable that with the so called "smart loot" for this new raid I got shards all the way with the 32 hunter and then energies all the way with the 30 titan....

I think I have done the raid 10 times? total and only got 3 pieces of gear and 1 weapon, not even the class item for my classes I was able to grab

:(

Add me as a friend if you want. I'm happy to help out with future endeavors.

Silk04

Tuesday was the best day of destiny for me. Got all of the CE raid armor for my hunter. Played VoG and finally got a Vex with my worlock.

noomi

Buried city daily strat.
Run as fast as possible to the final room without dying.
Kill everything. Kill boss.
Scan. Dome.

This is how I do almost everything in destiny these days. Surprising how much stuff you can just run past, including skipping a majority of strike content as well.

Does this make us bad people? :(

E92 M3

This is how I do almost everything in destiny these days. Surprising how much stuff you can just run past, including skipping a majority of strike content as well.

It makes us an efficient work horse for RNG ;)

Deku Tree

Not if your doing it for the million million-th time it doesn't.

Ourobolus

Banned
Another week of fuck-all for NF.
As for my idiotic dismantling mistake, still have to beat Crota, so at least there's a chance for a helmet. GAH

Fellow Vex Mythoclast Crucible players, I've a question for you. I've been doing extremely well in Rumble and it's become my go-to Rumble type. I've been thinking, though, which perk do you run, Extended Mag or Send It?

I've been rocking Extended Mag for as long as I've had the weapon (which has been quite some time). I'm able to compensate for the drift and I've no issues consistently getting headshots. However, I am curious if Send It really makes that big of a difference. I wouldn't say that the Extended Mag comes in handy in Crucible all that often, but it certainly does.

Any Xur wishes for me tomorrow?
Obsidian Mind, please. Gjallarhorn will never be sold again until it's nerfed, so I can't think of another exotic gun that I have to have. Maybe Suros since I was dumb enough to never buy it previously.

May your Xurday be filled with happiness and fulfillment.

Sullichin

For the People with Perfect Balance doing work for the AR headshot IB bounty. I always try to knock that one out in the first couple of games so I can use a handcannon for the rest of the tournament. I've been getting the melee bounty last each time on my hunrer because throwing knives don't count.

Any Xur wishes for me tomorrow?
SUROS Regime.

I missed out on it and wouldn't mind giving my Vex Mythoclast a backseat for a new AR, just because the Vex has been my primary weapon of choice for so long. In addition, I like the idea of the SUROS essentially being an AR/Scout Rifle hybrid. In Crucible the SUROS often gives me a run for my money, especially in long distance bouts.

LiK

I would like Obsidian Mind from Xur for my Voidwalker. Gear I currently have is for a Sunsinger which I don't like using in PVP. Hell, just do helm engrams so I can try to get it.

Fellow Vex Mythoclast Crucible players, I've a question for you. I've been doing extremely well in Rumble and it's become my go-to Rumble type. I've been thinking, though, which perk do you run, Extended Mag or Send It?

I've been rocking Extended Mag for as long as I've had the weapon (which has been quite some time). I'm able to compensate for the drift and I've no issues consistently getting headshots. However, I am curious if Send It really makes that big of a difference. I wouldn't say that the Extended Mag comes in handy in Crucible all that often, but it certainly does.

I'm not as good as you, but I choose the perk depending on the map actually.

More of an open map, send it. Close quarters and tight corners, ex mag.

Ex mag usually net me better results tho.

Rixa

Obsidian Mind & Bad Juju so I can spam supers. Oh well, primary weapon engram would be hilarious.

Its going to be PvP weapon for sale = Nothing for me.

LiK

I use Extended. You can outshoot multiple guys with it. Vex can still shoot guys from a distance with it.

Top Bottom