• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

Anyone who has me on their friend list that want to do Iron Banner, just join up.

Those who don't but want to do IB on PS4, send me a friend request. PSN is namikaze1.

GutZ31

I really wanted that level 32 armor from Iron Banner since I can't ever seem to find people to raid with...until I realized HOW MUCH Iron Banner I would have to play to get them.

My poor dogs can't take me raging during PvP. Sorry Iron Banner!

Do it later in the work week, as the effects of the booster you buy at the IB shop gives much greater exp rewards the later in the week you use it.
You can effectively spend 6 hours, 2 days in a row at the last leg if IB, and get to level 4, and then some.

Join a group of gaffer :) and this weekend, the buff will make it pretty easy to hit rank4 which allows for the lvl32 armor.

I'm always too scared to join...I'm that bad haha.

Also, has lag been worse than usual lately? I fully admit that I'm not great and I make mistakes but I was genuinely screwed over by lag several times yesterday.

I blame the plebs on wifi.

Gordon

I wish they would bring in some new weapon classes in a future DLC.... but what's left?

The Footcannon. A heavy weapon that can only be used while sprinting and blasts a couple dozen rounds of fusion rifle fire shotgun-style all at once in a glorious enemy-incinerating roundhouse kick of destruction.

Or melee weapons. Whatever.

Oh sweet! I can't imagine what they come up with. Maybe some sort of melee weapon, or akimbo setup?

That would be cool. I think they should introduce race/class specific weapons. Would also be neat if the solar subclass for titan gave them some solar gauntlets and boots and let them use a set of special specific melee moves. Kinda like a roided up hunter arc blade.

Gordon

I really want the IB gloves even though I'm 32 just cause they look awesome.

Anyway, I'm ready for Iron Banner.
I was so happy when I hit 30 with IB gloves and boots. I liked my perks and the way my dude looked. It was nice while it lasted. I'm actually wearing my level 30 IB gloves for IB right now, as the better stat bonuses and perks outweigh the slight damage buff on <29s.

GutZ31

The Footcannon. A heavy weapon that can only be used while sprinting and blasts a couple dozen rounds of fusion rifle fire shotgun-style all at once in a glorious enemy-incinerating roundhouse kick of destruction.

Or melee weapons. Whatever.

I would take equiptable heavy weapon Swords. Low amount of uses, but massive damage.
6 hard swings, or 10 normal swings would be acceptable per full mag.

Or just give it a cooldown timer, similar to sparrow boost, and grenade uses.

Namikaze1

Oh, are they less bulky than the raid ones?
I hate the raid ones for Titan...
Hate the raid one. The design is terrible. It's one of the reasons why I wanted the raid helmet to drop for me so that I can wear my Ruin Wings. At least Ruin Wings is useful now and then and the design is much better.

Plus I need intellect.

Man, we just had the crappiest Crota's End run last night. At least as far as loot goes.

The whole run was about 35 minutes.

Out of all the loot drops and all the players, one of our Titan's got the boots from the Abyss section. THATS IT.

Nothing but shards and energy for everything else. I've never seen Crota be so stingy himself.

Hate the raid one. The design is terrible. It's one of the reasons why I wanted the raid helmet to drop for me so that I can wear my Ruin Wings. At least Ruin Wings is useful now and then and the design is much better.

Plus I need intellect.

Titan raid helmet is so ugly. It looks like a sad pair of squished squinting eyes. Hunter and warlock won out this round.

Deku Tree

Next week I'm going to have very close to enough radiant shards to take three characters to 32 without ever having done hard mode and without ever swapping an energy for a shard... I have a 32 warlock and I am waiting for one piece of armor on both my Titan and my Hunter to reach 32.

By the time HM CE raid comes out and primary (and secondary) weapons only drop on Crota everyone is just going skip everything up to Deathsinger IMO. Most people are just going to be looking for the Deathsinger CP and wanting to do HM Deathsinger + Crota 3x for weapons and chances at Exotics.

The first part of the raid will be mostly ignored I think.

This continues delay of HM is ridiculous. If they don't release it on Tuesday that is just crazy IMO.

I'm always too scared to join...I'm that bad haha.

Also, has lag been worse than usual lately? I fully admit that I'm not great and I make mistakes but I was genuinely screwed over by lag several times yesterday.

I blame the plebs on wifi.
Pff doesn't matter to me, there's only one way to get better :) plus everyone was a noob once. And the lag is pretty bad at times :/ makes me want to rage quit.

I'm kind of stuck.
I have absolutely no luck with RNG no drop sofar from nightfall,weekly strikes or strike playlist that would excite me.
Oh same for pvp, don't think I ever got even a legendary there
Never completed a raid, most people just want experienced player and not someone to carry around who is a noob.

Also playing on Xbox One obviously which has a smaller playerbase and being located in Europe is also not that good.

Well let's hope xur has something usefull or engrams again
I have newer player friends we take through the raid now and again, would be happy to bring you along next time.

Namikaze1

I believe we have 3 spots open on our Iron Banner train. The other two can correct me on that.

I'm still away from my ps4 so I don't know how many are on the team.

Next week I'm going to have very close to enough radiant shards to take three characters to 32 without ever having done hard mode and without ever swapping an energy for a shard... I have a 32 warlock and I am waiting for one piece of armor on both my Titan and my Hunter to reach 32.

By the time HM CE raid comes out and primary (and secondary) weapons only drop on Crota everyone is just going skip everything up to Deathsinger IMO. Most people are just going to be looking for the Deathsinger CP and wanting to do HM Deathsinger + Crota 3x.

This continues delay of HM is ridiculous. If they don't release it on Tuesday that is just crazy IMO.
For real, that's some bullshit. I completely I agree with you. All just to patches, they patch one glitch and a new one will pop up anyway. And what about the players who play the raid legit? Punish them because other people cheese it?

Oh sweet! I can't imagine what they come up with. Maybe some sort of melee weapon, or akimbo setup?

They could borrow several weapon "types" from Halo still. Things that are just guidelines and not full on theft (aka no Needler).

But the following weapons could be borrowed and modified into new weapon types:

Focus Rifle
Concussion Rifle
Brute Shot
Plasma Launcher

Never had the Red Death, got two in the past two weeks, then yesterday I go back to the tower for the first time with my Hunter in a few days and there is a Red Death waiting for me. Either got it from Atheon or Crota.

E92 M3

By the time HM CE raid comes out and primary (and secondary) weapons only drop on Crota everyone is just going skip everything up to Deathsinger IMO. Most people are just going to be looking for the Deathsinger CP and wanting to do HM Deathsinger + Crota 3x for weapons and chances at Exotics.

They might tie rewards to only being dropped if all parts completed. Or, they might link weapons to the other sections.

Gordon

I would take equitable heavy weapon Swords. Low amount of uses, but massive damage.
6 hard swings, or 10 normal swings would be acceptable per full mag.

Or just give it a cooldown timer, similar to sparrow boost, and grenade uses.
Well if you wanna talk seriously, I'd go with some sort of mega-beefy sniper rifle. Basically in between rockets and LMG. An OHKO (single bodyshot OHKO), armour/target/cover penetration, low RoF, low mag (1 as a rule, I'd say), and a looooong reload. Call it a personal anti-aircraft/anti-tank utility rifle lol
I'm picturing something like an LMG but with a ridiculous bored out artillery gun barrel carried like the chainguns in TF2 lol

Edit: So basically rockets for people who don't like jumping or chainguns for people who don't like waiting.

noomi

That would be cool. I think they should introduce race/class specific weapons. Would also be neat if the solar subclass for titan gave them some solar gauntlets and boots and let them use a set of special specific melee moves. Kinda like a roided up hunter arc blade.

That's another thing I forgot about, each class has a empty 3rd subclass. I assume Comet will most likely introduce the final subclass for each class, hunters would finally get a void subclass.

I doubt it personally but yes they might do that.
They should if they care enough about the entire raid and don't want it to just be a checkpoint-fest.

We should know later today whether the hard raid is coming out next week. If it's not motioned in the weekly update, it's not coming next week. *fingers crossed*

Ran Heroic Strike and Nightfall last night. Got a Legendary Engram from the Heroic. Decode it at the tower.......get two ascendent energies. God damn you Bungie.

Finish the nightfall and I get an Exotic helm......for the Warlock class. That's my second exotic helmet for Warlocks. I think Bungie is telling me to roll a Warlock.

noomi

Was hoping for HM to be out by now as well, normal mode crota is.... dare I say it.... kind of a joke. I hope that hard mode bring some new challanges and is a bit more fun and rewarding.

Bungie's weekly update should be out today, right? Maybe they will mention something about Hard Mode in it, but I doubt it would be out this Tuesday....would be nice though!

Deku Tree

They should if they care enough about the entire raid and don't want it to just be a checkpoint-fest.

We should know later today whether the hard raid is coming out next week. If it's not motioned in the weekly update, it's not coming next week. *fingers crossed*

Weekly update: "we need more time to release HM so that we can fix the latest cheese du jur. Heavy ammo bug? Bigger vault? Better upgrade system for exotics? No comment."

I hope I'm wrong.

realcZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlLEaeGnEHU

just saw this in another irc channel, someone mentioned that it could be something we see in hardmode, maybe a gatekeeper is spawned when the swordbearer is killed and the sword guy has to kill it between crota attacks? just food for thought

i know the gatekeepers spawn up above during the crota fight so its possible this one fell down somehow...

So I did the digging to check the actual time for my 7 exotic run and it looks like this:

1 hour and 48 Minutes - 3 Crota's End runs - 3 Exotics
14 Minutes - 3 Hard Mode Gorgon's Chests - 2 Exotics
Nightfall #2 - 22 Minutes - 1 Exotic
Nightfall #3 - 19 Minutes - 1 Exotic

Total Exotics: 7
Total Time: 2 hours and 43 minutes

Woooooo!

PuMa

That's another thing I forgot about, each class has a empty 3rd subclass. I assume Comet will most likely introduce the final subclass for each class, hunters would finally get a void subclass.

It's not technically an empty 3rd subclass. They've said that spot was for 'locking' your subclass, which was one of the early builds that had in mind for subclassing and gave you extra bonuses (once locked). Since the recent leaks, I believe it's come out that Comet will likely (definitely?) have a new subclass for each though.

Top Bottom