• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Deku Tree

Off topic but: NeoGAF is constantly re-directing me to a full page ad today both on Mobile and on Desktop it makes it hard to browse... is this a new NeoGAF thing? Or is it a problem with my setup? Is it happening to anyone else?

Has anyone "done the math" on how much time it would take to get to IB rank 5 without bounties but with all the buffs? Assuming you arent losing more than 4 in a row... I could swear someone here had that answer yesterday.

Bogeypop

freaked-out-o.gif

Namikaze1

hahaha it's 10:00AM or earlier on a work day in the US. i urge you to consider that I'd be joining you if not for the 8 hours on the job ahead of me.
Well, some of us have no lives, Monsieur Hawkian.

I'm down, just going to the tower to grab bounties and such. (PSN MiniMe637 I've got you on my friends list already).
Yay!
We can handle 1 random then. Would be much better with a full GAF team.

Edit: we actually have a full team with you now!

Deku Tree

Reddit Player said:
Hello, My friends and I were in the raid at the beginning. We all jumped down the hole to start the raid except one person who was AFK. We noticed that the Weight of Darkness did not count. We were able to move full speed. We tried it once more and it happened again when one person is left behind at the entrance. Is this a glitch or cheese? Has this happened to anyone else?

Does anyone know how this cheese works? Is it easy to replicate? Do the first part of the raid without weight of darkness at all...

I'd like to buy a Hard Light for collection purposes. I can't ever see them selling exotic weapon engrams.
I've heard it's not a great weapon, we'll see. I've never seen an exotic weapon engram out in the wild, it would be a nice change up to have Xur sell one. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Off topic but: NeoGAF is constantly re-directing me to a full page ad today both on Mobile and on Desktop it makes it hard to browse... is this a new NeoGAF thing? Or is it a problem with my setup? Is it happening to anyone else?
It was happening to me last week. I was getting it on other sites as well so I think it's a problem with Google Ads.

Was forced to turn on Ad Block :(
Haven't had a problem since.

Google ads problem. Been happening on multiple forums. Haven't had it happen in the last couple days. So freaking annoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not in a rush, i just saw people partying up earlier this morning so I thought more people would want to run it right now. Hawkian it's cool, man. I know people have to work lol. I took the day off.
well way to rub it in!
Team is full!

Time to hit the road!
and yet it fills

Iron that Banner, troops!

In the Garden of SUROS.
Sign me up and I got a +1 that wants to run it as well, just need to confirm he can make the time.
Okay sweet- PSN(s)?

todd360

We waited about half an hour for you before we got a 6th. First run was with two of Todd's friends and second run was with one of them and a gaffer.

Math replacement guy put DA team on his back.

Also that knight that likes you was wondering where you were.

Gordon

I made this back before Bungie made their most recent changes to Blind Watch. I still believe it would be better than what we've got.
B and C would still wreck A. The part of the map A is on is just too isolated and open compared to the enclosed and inter-connectedness of B and C's end of the map. As it is now it's not too bad to turn it over using C as a wedge to B, and I think that's about as close to we'll get to balanced. Unless they made C a lot weaker in terms of nearby structure to hide in, I can't foresee any movement of control points making a significant difference to the flow without excluding a large portion of the map. Your layout is nice, and would make B a lot more contestable, but I think it just comes down to the map needing some structural changes to open the flow up. Maybe a route around the other side of B from A to C would help. That, or maybe my team mates can just stop capping fucking A lmao

xCobalt

I made this back before Bungie made their most recent changes to Blind Watch. I still believe it would be better than what we've got.

Would it be possible for players to have a vantage point on both control points on the left side? That's why Shores of time can be a difficult. Some players can defend C and snipe into B at the same time.

Dear RNGesus,

Over the past couple of days I have expressed in all earnest, how I’m holding you in contempt for giving me nothing but Radiant Energies over the past couple of weeks, effectively stopping my progress to Level 32. However, in my moment of rage I decided to skip our weekly trip to the Hellmouth for the present week, partly due to the angst in me and partly because I was not going to let you antagonize me any longer, or so I thought.

This rash decision came with a heavy price, as the Lords of the Iron Banner had no mercy on me last night. My K/D was below 1 for the most part, I only completed 2 bounties, and even took a shot to head (in mid-air) from No Land Beyond. In addition, I have forsaken any hope of ever getting an Icebreaker, a Hawkmoon or the mighty Gjallarhorn and thank you for letting me have the Black Hammer, Thorn and Truth, all of which have served me well.

Thus, after much pondering and meditation, I’ve come to accept that whatever this journey has in store for me will come when the time is right. I will no longer bicker or squabble over how unjust I may think your rewards are, and will take everything with a Coke and a smile, maybe I’ll put some Jack Daniels in there every now and then, I’m sure you won’t begrudge me that. After all, we have to enjoy the little things.

Sincerely,

DVPredator85

Gordon

Would it be possible for players to have a vantage point on both control points on the left side? That's why Shores of time can be a difficult. Some players can defend C and snipe into B at the same time.
You kinda can from that semi-open roof thingy next to C, but it lacks the rocks and vegetation of Venus to make it as effective for sitting and camping. And it lends itself to holding B/C against A, not A/C against B, so it just serves to make the flow more stagnant.

E92 M3

Dear RNGesus,

Over the past couple of days I have expressed in all earnest, how I’m holding you in contempt for giving me nothing but Radiant Energies over the past couple of weeks, effectively stopping my progress to Level 32. However, in my moment of rage I decided to skip our weekly trip to the Hellmouth for the present week, partly due to the angst in me and partly because I was not going to let you antagonize me any longer, or so I thought.

This rash decision came with a heavy price, as the Lords of the Iron Banner had no mercy on me last night. My K/D was below 1 for the most part, I only completed 2 bounties, and even took a shot to head (in mid-air) from No Land Beyond. In addition, I have forsaken any hope of ever getting an Icebreaker, a Hawkmoon or the mighty Gjallarhorn and thank you for letting me have the Black Hammer, Thorn and Truth, all of which have served me well.

Thus, after much pondering and meditation, I’ve come to accept that whatever this journey has in store for me will come when the time is right. I will no longer bicker or squabble over how unjust I may think your rewards are, and will take everything with a Coke and a smile, maybe I’ll put some Jack Daniels in there every now and then, I’m sure you won’t begrudge me that. After all, we have to enjoy the little things.

Sincerely,

DVPredator85

ls_fb.png

B and C would still wreck A. The part of the map A is on is just too isolated and open compared to the enclosed and inter-connectedness of B and C's end of the map. As it is now it's not too bad to turn it over using C as a wedge to B, and I think that's about as close to we'll get to balanced. Unless they made C a lot weaker in terms of nearby structure to hide in, I can't foresee any movement of control points making a significant difference to the flow without excluding a large portion of the map. Your layout is nice, and would make B a lot more contestable, but I think it just comes down to the map needing some structural changes to open the flow up. Maybe a route around the other side of B from A to C would help. That, or maybe my team mates can just stop capping fucking A lmao

The main problem with Blind Watch is more about Spawn points than it is about the Capture points themselves. The problem is B has always been in a place that doesn't allow it to have it's own spawn points. You either Spawn at A or C. B spawn exists, but you spawn there so irregularly, that it isn't really it's own point. This is why this map is so hard to balance, B doesn't work as a stand along point. The same could be said for any other map without a B specific spawn; Firebase Delphi, Exodus Blue, and Bastion.

Maybe. it depends on where exactly you would put B. In my image, I'd have it on the 2nd floor up. The floor above where C used to be, just far enough towards those outside stairs, but still barely underneath that ceiling.

Dear RNGesus,

Sincerely,

DVPredator85

Shit, I pretty much ONLY ever complete 2 bounties (the points and the melee). The others I just find to be a pain in the ass.

gdt

This lemonade redirect is killing me right now. Have to stop the page from loading before it redirects so I can read/post.

Raiding is gonna be a pain today.

Anyone down for hard Atheon? Have a hard gorgon checkpoint.

Got a hunter helmet, boots, and swordbreaker from the raid this week. Love the look of the helmet especially with Thunderdevil, god of war, and chatterwhite shaders on. I cannot decide which one I like more.

Swordbreaker is an amazing shotgun. I went into the start of the VoG area and was tearing up Praetorians.

Gordon

The main problem with Blind Watch is more about Spawn points than it is about the Capture points themselves. The problem is B has always been in a place that doesn't allow it to have it's own spawn points. You either Spawn at A or C. B spawn exists, but you spawn there so irregularly, that it isn't really it's own point. This is why this map is so hard to balance, B doesn't work as a stand along point. The same could be said for any other map without a B specific spawn; Firebase Delphi, Exodus Blue, and Bastion.

Maybe. it depends on where exactly you would put B. In my image, I'd have it on the 2nd floor up. The floor above where C used to be, just far enough towards those outside stairs, but still barely underneath that ceiling.
That's a good point. The spawn system in this game is really strange, after the depth the spawn system in Halo let us plumb in terms of tweaking it ourselves. You'd think somebody would have played that map a couple times and said, "hey maybe we should add a little elevated room with no LoS for a little extra spawn space in there.."

This lemonade redirect is killing me right now. Have to stop the page from loading before it redirects so I can read/post.

Raiding is gonna be a pain today.

Anyone down for hard Atheon? Have a hard gorgon checkpoint.
I'm up for it. Been awhile though since I've played it. PSN: UnionCarbine.

Top Bottom