• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Jinjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlLEaeGnEHU

just saw this in another irc channel, someone mentioned that it could be something we see in hardmode, maybe a gatekeeper is spawned when the sword bearer is on the bridge and the sword guy has to kill it between crota attacks? just food for thought

i know the gatekeepers spawn up above during the crota fight so its possible this one fell down somehow...

You wouldn't have enough time and runs on the sword to be able to kill a gatekeeper and damage Crota enough before the enrage timer hits.

LordofPwn

finally got to play some destiny last night.

NF1: Apotheosis? Veil 111D
NF2: Truth (exotic shard)

played some regular clash and got a MIDA (Exotic Shard), also got my 100th win in clash.

Raiding this weekend, might do 3rd NF tonight. But i just need to spec my titan with armamentarium and be lvl 31 and then im hoping on that IB train.

PuMa

So I did the digging to check the actual time for my 7 exotic run and it looks like this:

1 hour and 48 Minutes - 3 Crota's End runs - 3 Exotics
14 Minutes - 3 Hard Mode Gorgon's Chests - 2 Exotics
Nightfall #2 - 22 Minutes - 1 Exotic
Nightfall #3 - 19 Minutes - 1 Exotic

Total Exotics: 7
Total Time: 2 hours and 43 minutes

Woooooo!

That's one hell of a run man. I'm going on like two weeks without getting a new exotic.

Man, voidwalker + obsidian mind + bad ju ju is pure fun for running roc strikes. It is nearly constant supers. I wish there was a way I could get sunsingers + find more heavy ammo perk and just go solar mental with dragons breath + sunsinger. I am finding roc strikes to not only be a nice change up, but a great place to actually enjoy different builds and weapons. When I am in raids, I kind of have my one go to build. I am struggling to find a stike load out for my hunter. The raspberry chest exotic makes running blade dancer pretty fun, that extra arc chain can be pretty great in trash mobs. So far that is my go to strike exotic piece. Looking at the HoW exotics, I have to say the hunter's seem the least exciting.

E92 M3

just saw this in another irc channel, someone mentioned that it could be something we see in hardmode, maybe a gatekeeper is spawned when the swordbearer is killed and the sword guy has to kill it between crota attacks? just food for thought

i know the gatekeepers spawn up above during the crota fight so its possible this one fell down somehow...

That happened to us last week on our flawless run. Was a nice little twist lol.

Weekly update: "we need more time to release HM so that we can fix the latest cheese du jur. Heavy ammo bug? Bigger vault? Better upgrade system for exotics? No comment."

I hope I'm wrong.

Last week was the best update we'll have for the month lol.

Deku Tree

just saw this in another irc channel, someone mentioned that it could be something we see in hardmode, maybe a gatekeeper is spawned when the swordbearer is killed and the sword guy has to kill it between crota attacks? just food for thought

The enemies are all 32. That's not a HM leak video.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you, Mrs. Deathsinger, for the upgraded Thunderlord. And screw you, Mr. Crota, for the 3 Energies.
She's unmarried. Some say her singing voice is just too much for most suitors to take. Though she and Xyor may be waiting until they have the right to codify their love.

Never bought Suros and have no regrets :D
I'm very happy with Monte Carlo and I have yet to use the Hard Light I got from VoG, so I'm in a good place with exotics.

Maybe Xur should just sell a weapon engram this time around. I have a shitload of motes that are just sitting there.

noomi

So I did the digging to check the actual time for my 7 exotic run and it looks like this:

Woooooo!

Shit.... that's pretty awesome. I got 1 exotic out of all that, and it was universal remote off of Atheon.

Vault of Glass has been way better for exotics to me than Crota ever has been *shakes fist*

ocean

Banned
3 more for Iron Banner! Anyone wants to join in?

I'm taking a break around 2 pm EST. I'll be back on before then.

I'm not too good at PvP but I'm desperate for Crucible Marks and enjoy playing with GAF friends :) Let me know if you don't mind me joining!

Shit.... that's pretty awesome. I got 1 exotic out of all that, and it was universal remote off of Atheon.

Vault of Glass has been way better for exotics to me than Crota ever has been *shakes fist*

I still need to do 3 Atheon kills for the week, so we will see if I can add to this! New Gaf record!

So it's a glitch?

The current theory is that rather it's leftover/sloppy code. Basically, the code for the Bridge encounter Swordbearers/Gatekeepers was just ported over to the Crota encounter. Rather than code a brand new Swordbearer, they just left the same code in, but then they had to find a place to dump the Gatekeeper spawn that triggers. So they just stuck him up top and locked him up there.

Naturally, every so often, he's going to glitch out and somehow get into the playable area.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are two spots left for Sword school sunday, first come first serve.

Sunday, 8:00PM EST - Sunday Slice-n'-Dice Sword School

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. ocean
3. kreepmode
4. squidhands
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

E92 M3

So it's a glitch?

Yeah it was a glitch. He appeared for around 20 seconds or so and then disappeared. Fortunately, there was a proper call out and a blinding bubble lol.

I'm very happy with Monte Carlo and I have yet to use the Hard Light I got from VoG, so I'm in a good place with exotics.

Maybe Xur should just sell a weapon engram this time around. I have a shitload of motes that are just sitting there.

I'd like to buy a Hard Light for collection purposes. I can't ever see them selling exotic weapon engrams.

Gordon

It's not technically an empty 3rd subclass. They've said that spot was for 'locking' your subclass, which was one of the early builds that had in mind for subclassing and gave you extra bonuses (once locked). Since the recent leaks, I believe it's come out that Comet will likely (definitely?) have a new subclass for each though.
Pretty sure the lock-in option showed up like a perk within your subclass back around the time of the beta

Midas

The current theory is that rather it's leftover/sloppy code. Basically, the code for the Bridge encounter Swordbearers/Gatekeepers was just ported over to the Crota encounter. Rather than code a brand new Swordbearer, they just left the same code in, but then they had to find a place to dump the Gatekeeper spawn that triggers. So they just stuck him up top and locked him up there.

Naturally, every so often, he's going to glitch out and somehow get into the playable area.

Sounds plausible. But it doesn't seem like a hard thing to remove the method that spawns a Gatekeeper. I think it's something we'll see in hard mode, as mentioned earlier.

EL CUCO

Edit: Late as usual.

Looks like it happens when the team is operating from the left side. I didn't know Gatekeepers spawned above us during Crota.

I just don't see how they can incorporate killing a Gatekeeper with the current mechanics. They'd have to restructure the encounter a bit, IMO. Just throwing a Gatekeeper in there would be the laziest thing they could do.

Then again...this is "no revives" Bungie :/

Deku Tree

That makes a lot of sense. I believe it could be correct.

I like it, personally. It's very effective as a gross-looking bug-inspired helm.

One reason I don't like it is the helmet itself is rather large with a lot of unused space because they squished all the "eyes" together. Compared to the CE helmet for warlock and hunter it just doesn't compare IMO.

I'm glad someone likes it though.

AFTER WEEKS OF TRYING TO FIND THIS ASSHOLE IV GOT IT. #legitshook

10847388_345307172342709_891609758811711639_o.jpg

1012445.gif

Stupid piece of metal.

PuMa

Pretty sure the lock-in option showed up like a perk within your subclass back around the time of the beta

Yeah probably. I just remember a quote somewhere from DeeJ or someone else a while back saying that that extra subclass space wasn't there from the get-go as a spot for a third subclass.

Woooooo!

I did all of that, and managed to get one exotic and a no land beyond. Whatever is going on with this game makes random worse than truly random.

Sullichin

Damn, I just got a 142 dmg headshot (ADS) with 331 The Last Word against a level 27 in Iron Banner. Also got a few one hit Hawkmoon kills.

Homeboyd

This happened to us on our flawless run. Didn't kill any of us somehow.

Edit: tranced

Anyone have the HM Atheon checkpoint? I have the HM Gorgon checkpoint at worst.

I will organize some #ForeverNoVex runs for tonight or this weekend.

Manp

AFTER WEEKS OF TRYING TO FIND THIS ASSHOLE IV GOT IT. #legitshook

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10847388_345307172342709_891609758811711639_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9[img]

[img]http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/445/12/1012445.gif[img]

Stupid piece of metal.[/QUOTE]

i got 5 or 6 of them :|
first one by doing the infamous Fist of Crota mission multiple times. it dropped after 5 tries.

i'm sorry for the people who spent hours trying to get it.

Top Bottom