• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Homeboyd

It's Thursday, time to temper our expectations for tomorrow.

Xur will be selling Hard Light, no Praxic and no engrams.

I would take the Thunderlord as it's in his inventory and he's never sold it (to my knowledge anyways). That's the only exotic (available to Xbox) I need:

Hard Light - x
Monte Carlo - PS exclusive
Suros Regime - x
Vex Mytho - x
Hawkmoon - PS exclusive
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - x
Red Death - x
Mida Multitool - x
Universal Remote - x
Plan C - x
Pocket Infinity - x
Invective - x
Ice Breaker - x
Patience and Time - x
Super Good Advice - x
Thunderlord - NEED
Gjallarhorn - x
Truth - x

TDB
Nechrocasm - NEED (have ally upgraded and waiting)
Dragon's Breath - Passed at Xur but don't have
No Land Beyond - x
4th Horseman - PS exclusive

Only run titans and have all exotic armor. Thunderlord is it. That's the only one other than DB which I avoided like the plague at Xur.

Dazzler

The most annoying thing when playing control is holding two (esp on Firebase Delphi when some goon on your team then goes and caps C) and someone tries to cap the 3rd

Randoms are so dumb

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Caught up a bit...

I see multiple posts about the Undying Mind strike "not giving glimmer" (come on Bungie!)

Disturbing. That strike has some of the highest glimmer potential of all, and frankly I'd be surprised if it is not the #1.

Stuff:

• All the regular Vex in the very first battle award glimmer as normal. Pop a Blue Polyphage as soon as you hit the ground. Stay in physical proximity to your teammates (this is what determines "kill credit" in Destiny, not who gets the deathblow, nor damage % etc.).
  • The Precursor enemies (notably the army of Precursor Minotaurs) in the middle of the strike, surrounding the Divisive Oculator, do not give glimmer. Coincidentally, as much of this section as possible can and should be skipped. Be as close to the Divisive Oculator as possible when it dies, and you can skip the light wall that occurs there and head all the way to the boss fight (well, there are some regular minotaurs before initiating the boss encounter. These do give glimmer). Even if you kill the Oculator from too far away to make it past the wall before it goes up, as soon as it goes down this is your cue to run the hell forward and skip the rest of the enemies there. Disorganized groups seem to spend 3 or 4 times longer than necessary on this portion of the strike and potentially double its total length at no benefit.
  • ALL enemies, including Precursor enemies, during the boss encounter give glimmer. Depending on how efficient your team was at getting there, there's a range of timing- it will likely either be time to pop another Polyphage as the fight begins, or you'll need one when the Undying Mind is about a third of the way down. When majors start giving you just +25 again, you'll know it's time to open your inventory. There are many, many easily killed majors and each killed with a super makes 4 orbs. Glimmer potential during this encounter is enormous, and it can be farmed (the waves will just spawn infinitely) before killing the boss if agreed upon by the group.
I hope this helps! There is much one could legitimately criticize about that strike (though I've personally decided it is my favorite one
come at me bro
), but "not giving glimmer" isn't on the list.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The map rotation in Iron Banner is awfull. I think out of ten matches, Rusted Lands was seven of them.
Didn't get a single rusted lands in our train last night, and I was dying for it. :p

Hot Fix Notes said:
Maps
Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
-The Anomaly
-Asylum
-The Burning Shrine
Anyone seen any of these even once? Mistake in the update notes?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This lemonade redirect is killing me right now. Have to stop the page from loading before it redirects so I can read/post.

Raiding is gonna be a pain today.

Anyone down for hard Atheon? Have a hard gorgon checkpoint.
I'm down. Need to do it with my Titan.

I would take the Thunderlord as it's in his inventory and he's never sold it (to my knowledge anyways). That's the only exotic (available to Xbox) I need:

Hard Light - x
Suros Regime - x
Vex Mytho - x
Hawkmoon - PS exclusive
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - x
Red Death - x
Mida Multitool - x
Universal Remote - x
Plan C - x
Pocket Infinity - x
Invective - x
Ice Breaker - x
Patience and Time - x
Super Good Advice - x
Thunderlord - NEED
Gjallarhorn - x
Truth - x

TDB
No Land Beyond - x

Only run titans and have all exotic armor. Thunderlord is it. That's the only one other than DB which I avoided like the plague at Xur.
See you're doing the opposite of what I said in my post. Don't wish for stuff because you won't get it. Temper your expectations. I said Hard Light because it sucks.

DNAbro

AFTER WEEKS OF TRYING TO FIND THIS ASSHOLE IV GOT IT. #legitshook

10847388_345307172342709_891609758811711639_o.jpg

1012445.gif

Stupid piece of metal.

lol i have 3

void666

Banned
Only exotics i don't have yet are holyhorn, monte carlo and hard light.
Only thing i want from xur tomorrow is obsidian mind. If not the helmet itself i want at least a chance to roll one with the helmet engrams. I have enough MoL to buy 6.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nope, nor the DLC maps even though the Iron Banner playlist says "The Dark Below" on it.

Can non-DLC owners play it?
Mhm, I investigated this last time around. I don't ever expect to see the DLC maps in the Iron Banner. The TDB "tag" on the IB playlist title card is basically just a display error.

Homeboyd

See you're doing the opposite of what I said in my post. Don't wish for stuff because you won't get it. Temper your expectations. I said Hard Light because it sucks.
Yeah but lately, I've been wishing for stuff and I've been getting it. Not sure what's going on...

For about 3 months I wasn't getting jack SHIT. All the sudden... a little light in the darkness begins to grow.

Gordon

Hard Light - x
Suros Regime - x
Vex Mytho - x
Hawkmoon - PS exclusive
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - x
Red Death - x
Mida Multitool - x
Universal Remote - x
Plan C - x
Pocket Infinity - x
Invective - x
Ice Breaker - x
Patience and Time - x
Super Good Advice - x
Thunderlord - NEED
Gjallarhorn - x
Truth - x

TDB
No Land Beyond - x

Thunderlord is awesome. I have one at 291 waiting to be upgraded that I've been destroying with in IB. Man, reading your list, I'm missing like most of the decent exotics. I'm glad I just got Icebreaker. Here's my collection;

Hard Light - x
Suros Regime - NEED
Vex Mytho - NEED (my wife just got one on her first hard raid, second raid ever)
Hawkmoon - PS exclusive
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - x
Red Death - NEED
Mida Multitool - x
Universal Remote - NEED
Plan C - x
Pocket Infinity - x
Invective - x
Ice Breaker - x (finally, just got)
Patience and Time - x
Super Good Advice - x
Thunderlord - x
Gjallarhorn - NEED
Truth - NEED
Nechrochasm - NEED
Dragon's Breath - NEED
No Land Beyond - NEED

And I too am pure Titan, only missing the Glasshouse atm

noomi

I have never played an Iron Banner match, nor do I really have much desire to.

Am I missing out?

I'm half decent at crucible, but end up getting more frustrated playing against players than having fun. Are the loots worth it?

Namikaze1

I'm up for IB tonight. Done with CE raids for all my characters.
It's what I'm gonna be doing all day long.

Planning to buy the biff tomorrow. Should get me to rank 4 by the end of the day or even rank 5 since I'm close to hitting rank 3 today.

So, wanted to see if anyone has noticed this...

When I am in a fireteam (gaffers, etc), I experience terrible lag in PvP. When I am just by myself, I don't find any lag whatsoever and can actually play some decent PvP.

Anyone else noticing stuff like this?

The most annoying thing when playing control is holding two (esp on Firebase Delphi when some goon on your team then goes and caps C) and someone tries to cap the 3rd

Randoms are so dumb

Honestly, if we have control of two, I'll grab the 3rd to simply neutralize it. I won't cap, but it'll draw attention away from the other 2 points. It seems to draw out at least 2 enemies.

zewone

Didn't get a single rusted lands in our train last night, and I was dying for it. :p

Anyone seen any of these even once? Mistake in the update notes?

Either a mistake or someone forgot to flip a switch. They are not available.

The Iron Banner playlist is abysmal.

zewone

It's what I'm gonna be doing all day long.

Planning to buy the biff tomorrow.
Should get me to rank 4 by the end of the day or even rank 5 since I'm close to hitting rank 3 today.

You know you can buy the buff multiple times, right? It only costs one mote so it's highly recommended to buy it anytime you're going to do a long play session of IB.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So, wanted to see if anyone has noticed this...

When I am in a fireteam (gaffers, etc), I experience terrible lag in PvP. When I am just by myself, I don't find any lag whatsoever and can actually play some decent PvP.

Anyone else noticing stuff like this?
I think it's because when you are alone it finds players close to your region minimizing ping. In a fireteam you probably won't be the host.

LiK

Honestly, if we have control of two, I'll grab the 3rd to simply neutralize it. I won't cap, but it'll draw attention away from the other 2 points. It seems to draw out at least 2 enemies.

I will only do this if we are losing by a large margin. Had some games where we're losing badly but some Gaffers are adamant about not capping the third point. Sorry, but I will do what must be done.

all the games i hosted where we dominated, I just let Gaffers cap whatever they want. We still won. All we need is a good flow.

I will only do this if we are losing by a large margin. Had some games where we're losing badly but some Gaffers are adamant about not capping the third point. Sorry, but I will do what must be done.

all the games i hosted where we dominated, I just let Gaffers cap whatever they want. We still won. All we need is a good flow.

Haha, being down s typically what motivates me to cap a 3rd. If we're running a train, I camp between B and C.

Just realized this coming Monday is a national holiday in the US (MLK Day). That buff on Monday is 150% I believe. It's going to be rather easy hitting rank 5 if I'm not already there by then.

The Lash is mine. Then I have 93 motes all ready to re-roll i until I get Crowd Control and Field Scout. Outlaw would be nice too but it's not necessary.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I agree, this is something that annoys me a lot. If you are losing by 4000 points, just fucking grab everything jesus.

Lima

You know you can buy the buff multiple times, right? It only costs one mote so it's highly recommended to buy it anytime you're going to do a long play session of IB.

Hell l would buy it even if you only play like 2 or 3 matches. It's one more of light. You get plenty of them and they are useless anyway.

Rubenov

Am I missing out?

I'm half decent at crucible, but end up getting more frustrated playing against players than having fun. Are the loots worth it?

not missing much, best things are being able to reroll the highest impact hand cannon and highest impact non-Gjallarhorn rocket launcher. Sniper is on par with Black H too but obviously without the perk that makes it great. None of these are must-haves.

I play because the biggest challenge in this game comes not from killing Atheon or Crota, but from outsmarting other critical-thinking, unpredictable humans in combat.

Namikaze1

I'm waiting for Xur tomorrow before spending any Motes in case he's selling an engram.

I think it's because when you are alone it finds players close to your region minimizing ping. In a fireteam you probably won't be the host.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the thought there. It's been pretty ridiculous lately. I was playing last night with my usual peeps and clocking in 0.7 KD ratios time after time. Then everyone bounced and I continued playing by myself. Instantly, I started beating it up.

Really annoying. Any way to fix it when I'm in a fireteam or am I just SOL?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Am I missing out?

Well, whether the loot is worth it is up to you. I've never done IB before, or any PvP really outside of a handful of matches for bounties, but IB is pretty fun. I'll probably play more crucible going forward.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ah, interesting. Thanks for the thought there. It's been pretty ridiculous lately. I was playing last night with my usual peeps and clocking in 0.7 KD ratios time after time. Then everyone bounced and I continued playing by myself. Instantly, I started beating it up.

Really annoying. Any way to fix it when I'm in a fireteam or am I just SOL?
Yeah, if you are the fireteam leader and invite players then you will be the host in most cases.

Am I missing out?

The handcannon seems awesome, and the rocket launcher seems pretty good. Plus you can use motes to roll for the perks you'd really like. Also there's a good value in getting the level 32 arms. You can get to level 32 using 21 less radiant shards.

LordofPwn

She's unmarried. Some say her singing voice is just too much for most suitors to take. Though she and Xyor may be waiting until they have the right to codify their love.
Do hive not support gay marriage?

Hard Light - x
Suros Regime - x
Vex Mytho - x
Hawkmoon - PS exclusive
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - x
Red Death - x
Mida Multitool - x
Universal Remote - x
Plan C - x
Pocket Infinity - x
Invective - x
Ice Breaker - x
Patience and Time - x
Super Good Advice - x
Thunderlord - NEED
Gjallarhorn - x
Truth - x

TDB
No Land Beyond - x

He's sold thunderlord before never.
I only need Hard light and 4th horseman.

Top Bottom