• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, I figured that. There's no other way outside of that? No settings on my end (router etc) that could minimize it?
Nope, it's p2p unfortunately. Destiny's netcode is extremely good though, Bungie did a great job there. When you have a red ping it's better to play defensively.

noomi

He's sold thunderlord before.
I only need Hard light and 4th horseman.

According to http://www.destinyxur.com/ XUR has not sold the thunderlord before, here's to hoping. It's the only exotic next to hawkmoon that I would really like to have.

Speaking of exotics, I've had SGA and Pocket infinity bounties for weeks now, guess I should finally complete them. I know SGA is kind of a sad exotic, but pocket infinity should be decent enough, no?

#ForeverNoWhatever Runs!

Since the runs themselves have started to move away from exclusively the Vex itself, myself included (hooooray 43 HM runs laters!), anyone can join these runs in hope of "whatever" exotic weapon you may be still hunting for.

Atheon now gives 331 exotic weapons so even better!

We have a Hard Mode Atheon checkpoint, and we will be taking him down 3 times, so please have at least 2 characters and be willing to help with the third run.

When: Today - 8:00pm EST

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. PuMa
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN name and I will add you to the list!

LordofPwn

Damn, really? The fuck was I doing?!

Oh well. It gives me something to look forward to.

I'm pretty sure he's never sold thunderlord, which is surprising.

Edit - Yep, he hasn't sold it according to http://www.destinyxur.com/

You were paying attention, because he's never sold Thunderlord.

He hasn't sold Thunderlord yet.

http://www.destinyxur.com/

According to http://www.destinyxur.com/ XUR has not sold the thunderlord before, here's to hoping. It's the only exotic next to hawkmoon that I would really like to have.

Speaking of exotics, I've had SGA and Pocket infinity bounties for weeks now, guess I should finally complete them. I know SGA is kind of a sad exotic, but pocket infinity should be decent enough, no?
huh... i've gotten a couple but could have sworn he sold it the week after i got my first. O well. he'll probably sell sunbreakers, and truth this week.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
#ForeverNoWhatever Runs!

Since the runs themselves have started to move away from exclusively the Vex itself, myself included (hooooray 43 HM runs laters!), anyone can join these runs in hope of "whatever" exotic weapon you may be still hunting for.

Atheon now gives 331 exotic weapons so even better!

We have a Hard Mode Atheon checkpoint, and we will be taking him down 3 times, so please have at least 2 characters and be willing to help with the third run.

When: Today - 8:00pm EST

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. PuMa
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN name and I will add you to the list!
Just join me, Dhruv and gdt. We're doing a run right now.

Edit: Oh didn't see the time nvm.

The SGA bounty is basically a discounted exotic shard. Do it at least once if you want every exotic, but if you are done with other exotic bounties, always grab SGA. It is stupid quick, especially if Xur is around, and it only costs 1 strange coin. So you are basically buying an exotic shard for 1 strange coin.

Just realized this coming Monday is a national holiday in the US (MLK Day). That buff on Monday is 150% I believe. It's going to be rather easy hitting rank 5 if I'm not already there by then.

The Lash is mine. Then I have 93 motes all ready to re-roll i until I get Crowd Control and Field Scout. Outlaw would be nice too but it's not necessary.

I'm torn here. I have the day off (woo-hoo state job!) but I was planning on spending the 3 day weekend rearranging the basement/man-cave. And by rearranging, I mean running conduit, cat-5, and coax through the ceiling.

noomi

huh... i've gotten a couple but could have sworn he sold it the week after i got my first. O well. he'll probably sell sunbreakers, and truth this week.

Don't say that! Thunderlord, Eye of 3rd Man, Heavy Ammo Synth pls!

The SGA bounty is basically a discounted exotic shard. Do it at least once if you want every exotic, but if you are done with other exotic bounties, always grab SGA. It is stupid quick, especially if Xur is around, and it only costs 1 strange coin. So you are basically buying an exotic shard for 1 strange coin.

Going to try and knock it out today, I'm at the part where I need to kill 500 enemies. I assume "WE'VE AWOKEN THE HIVE" with corrective measure shouldn't take more than 20-30min to complete....

Acorn

I've got all the exotic weapons aside from universal remote and necrochasm.

Crazy luck for the last few weeks, dunno if there is even any exotic armour I want. Maybe the shoulder charge boots i guess.

Oh and fate of all fools whenever that happens.

Deku Tree

So does "Spray and play" stack as a perk with "Flared Maxwell"?
Or do you not notice the additional reload speed from "Flared Maxwell" when "Spray and play" is already running?

Trying to decide if I should use "explosive rounds" on my new hand cannon that I got from NF...

Ridwald

Don't say that! Thunderlord, Eye of 3rd Man, Heavy Ammo Synth pls!

Going to try and knock it out today, I'm at the part where I need to kill 500 enemies. I assume "WE'VE AWOKEN THE HIVE" with corrective measure shouldn't take more than 20-30min to complete....

it's a good choice of weaponry, if i recall correctly you get 3 points for a precision kill and 1 point for a normal kill. aim for the head ^^

E92 M3

I'm at work =(

Unless its the weekend I am only on after 8pm EST daily. I miss running with you guys all day! Great paid holidays those were....

Sucks being at work and reading everyone get loot, right?

That list is so dumb: Ignoring the Destiny topic, Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall are amazing games. In fact Titanfall is one of the best shooters released in recent times.

zewone

So does "Spray and play" stack as a perk with "Flared Maxwell"?
Or do you not notice the additional reload speed from "Flared Maxwell" when "Spray and play" is already running?

Trying to decide if I should use "explosive rounds" on my new hand cannon that I got from NF...

Spray and Play is 50% faster boost to base reload. Flared Maxwell is upping your based reload. I'd say with Spray and Play, Flared Maxwell is overkill. But part of me thinks that your reload can never be fast enough ;).

I'm torn here. I have the day off (woo-hoo state job!) but I was planning on spending the 3 day weekend rearranging the basement/man-cave. And by rearranging, I mean running conduit, cat-5, and coax through the ceiling.

That sounds like a pretty necessary thing you need to do... maybe an hour of that, hour of IB... keep repeating until your man cave is done and you have a Lash.

zewone

I'm waiting for Xur tomorrow before spending any Motes in case he's selling an engram.

I'm going to be super tempted to spends my motes if it's a helmet engram, even though I should save them for Timur's Lash.

I'll do Lash first and burn whatever I have left on helmet engrams.

Hyun Sai

1. Destiny was supposed to be this big, imaginative game that tickled our sense of exploration and ushered in a new era of “shared world” shooters. The early artwork and discussion of the game’s lore promised a space opera that would easily challenge Bungie’s previous series, Halo.

But what we got was an entirely different game.

Great shooting and tight multiplayer hardly make up for the endless grind, bizarre loot schemes and post-campaign leveling chore, not to mention the terrible, empty story. Playing the same missions over and over again, and racing over the same terrain time after time, make Destiny about as repetitive a game as you can find.

There’s no denying the skill of Bungie’s feedback loop voodoo here. It just isn’t the sort of imaginative, space opera experience we hoped it would be. This is the shell of the game we first heard about when it was announced, and Bungie has only made matters worse with expensive, soulless DLC that mucks with level caps and makes an already grindy experience even more so.

There are many things that work in Destiny, and it is an addictive experience, but it’s still such a huge letdown from the game so many of us imagined. The type of game that doesn’t just rehash the same areas over and over again. The kind of game with a decent script.

Well, he is mostly right, that's the sad part ah ah ah.

Geez, didn't realize I now only need 5 exotics including necro. Thunderlord is the only one I care about getting.

Hard Light - x
Monte Carlo - x
Suros Regime - x
Vex Mytho - x
Hawkmoon - x
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - (need upgraded)
Red Death - (need upgraded)
Mida Multitool - (need upgraded)
Universal Remote - x
Plan C - (need upgraded)
Pocket Infinity - (current bounty)
Invective - x
Ice Breaker - x
Patience and Time - x
Super Good Advice - NEED
Thunderlord - NEED
Gjallarhorn - x
Truth - (need upgraded)

TDB
Nechrocasm - NEED (have husk)
Dragon's Breath - x
No Land Beyond - Don't really need but don't have.
4th Horseman - Need

Acorn

That list is so dumb: Ignoring the Destiny topic, Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall are amazing games. In fact Titanfall is one of the best shooters released in recent times.
Disappointment doesn't mean they are necessarily "bad". More an indictment of the authors expectations/publisher marketing.

stb

Paging: Dave_6, captscience , Mrgamer, babyghost853 (+ friend): we steamrolled HM VoG last week. Wanna do it again tomorrow night?

Thursday's my no Destiny night, but does anyone want to run HM VoG and CE back-to-back Friday night any time after 8pm Eastern?

The guys listed above get preference, but please add yourself as an alt if you're interested (odds are all 5 won't make it).

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - 31/Titan)
2) Dave_6
3) Mrgamer ?
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
5) Greenymac (PSN Greenymac - 32 Warlock)
6) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a1) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a2) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a3) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)

Deku Tree

Spray and Play is 50% faster boost to base reload. Flared Maxwell is upping your based reload. I'd say with Spray and Play, Flared Maxwell is overkill. But part of me thinks that your reload can never be fast enough ;).

THX! I'll try out explosive rounds first I guess.

Shito

Erik Kain is a good writer though. I mean, he didn't say anything wrong in that article. I generally avoid the other Forbes 'contributors'.
I'd argue that this part, though...

There are many things that work in Destiny, and it is an addictive experience, but it’s still such a huge letdown from the game so many of us imagined.
... is pretty poor.
Even when you factor in Activision's marketing and "hype", you can't resent a game from not being what you *imagined* it would be. That fault's on you.
But then again, I never followed the Destiny hype prior to its release: I'm usually not a FPS player, didn't want to get the game at first, but was drawn into it by the alpha and beta. Went blind until it released, so that's probably why I can hardly feel "disappointed" by what we got. I can agree with a lot its flaws, though. :)

rNilla

For Eidolon Ally you can do The Wakening, go to where the first Shrieker is, kill it and then just sit there and wait as endless waves of Exploding Thrall appear. They will still count if they die from exploding damage. No need to wipe over and over.

Coconut

Banned

Titnfall breaks as matching making puts you into higher levels. It eventually becomes just people using cloak and the smart pistol. Which is whatever but since it's a multiplayer only game it illustrates that balancing the powers and weapons seemed to stop at some point early on at respawn. I honestly feel like Destiny is the better shooter on all fronts this year if you are willing to ignore it's lack of content that doesn't support it's loot grind nature. also this guy must be new concept art is always going to be way more grand than the actual game.

That sounds like a pretty necessary thing you need to do... maybe an hour of that, hour of IB... keep repeating until your man cave is done and you have a Lash.

Not necessary at all. In fact, TeaParty thinks I'm doing it just because I get bored with furniture layouts sometimes. There is nothing wrong with my basement setup, right now. I just don't like how it is split up.

Basically, I have the TV section on one half of the room with a nice big sectional couch and surround sound. Then on the other half of the basement is our computer desks and desktops.

I'll be honest, part of the reason I'm looking into this arrangement is because I want to be able to sit at my computer desk, while being able to see the TV at the same time. >.>

Paging: Dave_6, captscience , Mrgamer, babyghost853 (+ friend): we steamrolled HM VoG last week. Wanna do it again tomorrow night?

Thursday's my no Destiny night, but does anyone want to run HM VoG and CE back-to-back Friday night any time after 8pm Eastern?

The guys listed above get preference, but please add yourself as an alt if you're interested (odds are all 5 won't make it).

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - 31/Titan)
2) Dave_6 ?
3)
4) Mrgamer ?
5) babyghost853 ?
6) babyghost853's buddy?
a1) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a2) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a3) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a4) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a5) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)

Darn. I have plans tomorrow night, otherwise I'd love to.

noomi

Here's my lineup:

Hard Light - x
Monte Carlo - x
Suros Regime - x
Vex Mytho - x
Hawkmoon - NEED :(
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - x
Red Death - x
Mida Multitool - NEED