• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

We may like the game but every single Gaffer I played with here has complained about something about this game that Forbes mentioned. Even if you didn't follow the development, we can all agree the game's story and world is quite small and underdeveloped.

Without question. As I said, these issues are pretty much indisputable. As I always say, the most amazing thing about Destiny is its potential. Think of all of our main issues - story, some basic gameplay/UI stuff (e.g., more vault space, accepting missions through app, better loot system, more varied locations, better clan/communication system, better matchmaking). These are EASILY fixed in updates/sequels down the road. Destiny 2 should be the game of forever, really.

I'm hoping Destiny 2 lives up to the potential. Hope they take everything they learned from this game and make it better. I want a more cohesive story and world. and give us more PVP maps, dammit.

And please add the option to play in third person all the time!!!... I'm still suffering from Gears of War withdrawal.

E92 M3

I like to do the math on it like this.

Bungie says I've played the following:
Titan: 13d 5h
Warlock: 2d 6h
Hunter: 2d 21h

Total: 18 days 8 hours. (or just 440 hours). I've paid roughly 80 bucks to play the game. So by my match, I'm paying roughly 18 cents an hour for enjoyment.

I use this same "formula" for most games I purchase as a measure of if they are worth it or not.

I'm scared to look how much I played, but would wager it's cents on the dollar as well. Exceptional value proposition. Right up there with Dark Souls, Skyrim and other shooter.

Coconut

Banned
Don't want to stray off topic too much, but levels don't really matter in Titanfall. It's like COD.

--

In regard's to Destiny's story: I think it's the least important thing. I want a lot more quality of life changes.

when i say levels I'm talking about the the skill level of the players based on K/D and win loss ratios and whatever else they use to come up with who you are going to get matched up against.

Vision of Confluence! Woohoo!
is that the new level 32 one?

Jinjo

We should really make a GAF Pain Train group for IB. To strike fear in the hearts of the guardians that oppose us.

Any GAF IB trains out there atm?

Namikaze1

Just need to do two more IB bounties: the 10 melee kill (just need 1 more) and the AR headshot.

We should really make a GAF Pain Train group for IB. To strike fear in the hearts of the guardians that oppose us.

Any GAF IB trains out there atm?
My team but we're full at the moment.

Jinjo

Just need to do two more IB bounties: the 10 melee kill (just need 1 more) and the AR headshot.

My team but we're full at the moment.

Guess I'll go make dinner first then haha. Send me an invite when/if a spot opens up.

Edit: nice Definity. No dinner just yet then lol.

dB Viper

Total: 18 days 8 hours. (or just 440 hours). I've paid roughly 80 bucks to play the game. So by my match, I'm paying roughly 18 cents an hour for enjoyment.

I use this same "formula" for most games I purchase as a measure of if they are worth it or not.

Where are these playtimes located, exactly?

edit: found them

Hard Light - x
Monte Carlo - x
Suros Regime - x
Vex Mytho - x
Hawkmoon - x
Last Word - x
Thorn - x
Bad Juju - x
Red Death - NEED
Mida Multitool - NEED
Universal Remote - NEED
Plan C - x
Pocket Infinity - x
Invective - x
Ice Breaker - REALLY NEED
Patience and Time - x
Super Good Advice - NEED
Thunderlord - NEED
Gjallarhorn - REALLY NEED
Truth - x

TDB
Nechrocasm - NEED (have husk)
Dragon's Breath - x
No Land Beyond - x
4th Horseman - NEED

wow I am doing pretty well on the exotic Pokemon hunt. Shame the two I want most are eluding me still

Where are these playtimes located, exactly?

On the Destiny app, just click on your character at the top, and then the stats button. You'll see it inside the big circle that loads up.

I can't quite remember where it is on bungie.net, but it's somewhere right up front in a big gray circle.

Destinystatus.com shows you that. I haven't downloaded the app for some reason on my iPhone but you can check that out from there as well.

Pretty sure Destiny Status counts time in Orbit, whereas Bungie does not. So if you are like me and you float in orbit a lot while on forums or talking in party chat, your numbers might be skewed.

Jinjo

Two spots open on the IB train here. JinjoNL is the psn. Our train goes faster and harder than Nami's.

Edit: or add definity.

Edit2: full

So I just hit level 2 IB last night... am I on track for level 5 this weekend if I keep using the buff and playing a bunch of matches every night? I usually get 2-3 of the IB bounties done every night.

Just trying to gauge my progress related to everyone else on here... probably a bad idea... but whatever...

Hiko

Banned
Anyone running CE right now?

BTW, is there any consensus on the armor, agility, and recovery stats yet? Which should I focus on?

Anyone doing CE right now?

BTW, is there any consensus on the armor, agility, and recovery stats yet? Which should I focus on?

Armor is actually HP. Your Guardian has somewhere between 190-215 hp. Your armor bar seems to dictate what that is.

Agility affects run speed and your initial jump height (double jumps are not impacted at all). Slowest to fastest run speed difference is like 6% or something.

Recovery is typically seen as the important stat. It dictates when your health regen kicks in. Slowest to fastest health regen seems to be about 1.5 second difference. Which could mean life or death in plenty of encounters, especially in PvP.

Armor is actually HP. Your Guardian has somewhere between 190-215 hp. Your armor bar seems to dictate what that is.

Agility affects run speed and your initial jump height (double jumps are not impacted at all). Slowest to fastest run speed difference is like 6% or something.

Recovery is typically seen as the important stat. It dictates when your health regen kicks in. Slowest to fastest health regen seems to be about 1.5 second difference. Which could mean life or death in plenty of encounters, especially in PvP.

I remember the first time i min maxed my warlock for PvP. The increase in agility was palpable whilst double/jumping and gliding

paid $180 (not including ps4 or +) and have played for 892 hours. so 5ish cents per hour for me.

RIP

Dave_6

Paging: Dave_6, captscience , Mrgamer, babyghost853 (+ friend): we steamrolled HM VoG last week. Wanna do it again tomorrow night?

Thursday's my no Destiny night, but does anyone want to run HM VoG and CE back-to-back Friday night any time after 8pm Eastern?

The guys listed above get preference, but please add yourself as an alt if you're interested (odds are all 5 won't make it).

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - 31/Titan)
2) Dave_6 ?
3) captscience ?
4) Mrgamer ?
5) babyghost853 ?
6) babyghost853's buddy?
a1) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a2) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a3) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a4) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a5) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)

Count me in. I'll bring my Hunter for the VoG run and my Warlock for CE since I'm running my Hunter tonight with Hawkian's group.

Ophelion

That depends! Are you enjoying the game enough that you think you definitely will buy it? If so, there's no reason to wait. You might as well have access to all the content and gear. But:

No- the gear you can get from the vendors in game right now (the Vanguard should be your priority unless you primarily play PvP) will get you all the way to Level 31, which is more than adequate for everything in the game at the moment. The gear from the DLC raid is what you need to get to the current max of 32.

Considering you just hit 20, you'll be getting to ~25 with rares while working toward your first legendary armor piece (Vanguard Rank 2, 75 marks). Check out the guides in the OP are still mostly accurate with some small caveats to the formula- buy gloves and boots first from the Vendor.

Play with GAF! Soon you'll be ready for Roc Strikes (a level 26 playlist), the Vault of lass on Normal (28 ideal, but 26 is completely viable), and Weekly Heroics (can be run at various levels for corresponding amounts of reward). Are you on PS4?

Yeah, I've decided I am going to pick it up. I loathe PVP in most games...but I was pretty good at Halo 2 PVP back in the day. Maybe I should give it a shot before just writing it off. Good to know about the early gearing process, thank you.

I am on PS4! My PSN name is mr_vandemar because "If you want to make an omelet, you're going to have to kill a few people." Man, I'm gunna have to pick up a decent mic, I guess. I don't even know where the shitty one that comes with the PS4 is.

Another question: I'm playing a Warlock because Space Magic. Are there more hard and fast class roles in raids and such or is class more about preference? Because so far doing strikes, I haven't felt like being a Warlock means I need a Titan to cover me or whatever. I'm not Ramboing it up in the center of the room or anything, but I feel like I can hold my own. Is Sunsinger more valuable in group play? Because it seems like it would be. I do love being a conduit to the explosion dimension, though...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Another question: I'm playing a Warlock because Space Magic. Are there more hard and fast class roles in raids and such or is class more about preference? Because so far doing strikes, I haven't felt like being a Warlock means I need a Titan to cover me or whatever. I'm not Ramboing it up in the center of the room or anything, but I feel like I can hold my own. Is Sunsinger more valuable in group play? Because it seems like it would be. I do love being a conduit to the explosion dimension, though...

No raid roles. There's no healing, tanking, protecting, etc. Class composition doesn't matter.

#ForeverNoWhatever Runs!

Since the runs themselves have started to move away from exclusively the Vex itself, myself included (hooooray 43 HM runs laters!), anyone can join these runs in hope of "whatever" exotic weapon you may be still hunting for.

Atheon now gives 331 exotic weapons so even better!

We have a Hard Mode Atheon checkpoint, and we will be taking him down 3 times, so please have at least 2 characters and be willing to help with the third run.

When: Today - 8:00pm EST

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. PuMa
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN name and I will add you to the list!

I'd like to join! PSN: captscience

Top Bottom