• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

stb

Darn. I have plans tomorrow night, otherwise I'd love to.

NP. Maybe next week.

Count me in. I'll bring my Hunter for the VoG run and my Warlock for CE since I'm running my Hunter tonight with Hawkian's group.

Added.

Updated list:

Paging: Dave_6, captscience , Mrgamer, babyghost853 (+ friend): we steamrolled HM VoG last week. Wanna do it again tomorrow night?

Thursday's my no Destiny night, but does anyone want to run HM VoG and CE back-to-back Friday night any time after 8pm Eastern?

The guys listed above get preference, but please add yourself as an alt if you're interested (odds are all 5 won't make it).

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - 31/Titan)
2) Dave_6
3) Mrgamer ?
4) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
5) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
6) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a1) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a2) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)
a3) (quote and add your GAF + PSN)

kidko

Armor is actually HP. Your Guardian has somewhere between 190-215 hp. Your armor bar seems to dictate what that is.

Agility affects run speed and your initial jump height (double jumps are not impacted at all). Slowest to fastest run speed difference is like 6% or something.

Recovery is typically seen as the important stat. It dictates when your health regen kicks in. Slowest to fastest health regen seems to be about 1.5 second difference. Which could mean life or death in plenty of encounters, especially in PvP.

Haha holy shit, I never really considered recovery as a health regen. For some reason I assumed it was for power cooldowns. Mind blown.

So I just hit level 2 IB last night... am I on track for level 5 this weekend if I keep using the buff and playing a bunch of matches every night? I usually get 2-3 of the IB bounties done every night.

Just trying to gauge my progress related to everyone else on here... probably a bad idea... but whatever...

I used to think like that until somebody posted here something like:

"If you could get a 331 VoC and Fatebringer why would they use anything else (new)?"

That makes total sense to me.
It was probably me. I've been saying that Bungie knows that we would just keep using our favorite in perpetuity if they did this. They need to make the VoG relevant again at some point, but it probably won't be until Comet comes out, and even then the older raids will still not be as good as the new one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There's no healing but a good team is playing roles.

What raid roles are there except shoot shit? Sure, everyone might have a job on different sections of the raid, e.g., someone has to guard the left conflux, someone has to get the chalice, someone swings the sword, etc. Those are necessary because of how the encounters work and aren't really what are thought of as typical "raid roles", which are usually like DPS, tank, off tank, kiter, etc. Any class can perform any of the normal Destiny roles in any raid. There's no "well, Warlocks can't guard the center conflux."

ocean

Banned
So I just hit level 2 IB last night... am I on track for level 5 this weekend if I keep using the buff and playing a bunch of matches every night? I usually get 2-3 of the IB bounties done every night.

Just trying to gauge my progress related to everyone else on here... probably a bad idea... but whatever...
But the Emblem and the Shader along with the Tempered buff and you'll definitely make it. Specially if you play during the weekend and Monday when the buff goes crazy

nowai

Haha holy shit, I never really considered recovery as a health regen. For some reason I assumed it was for power cooldowns. Mind blown.

Power cooldowns what Intellect, Discipline and Strength are for.

Int: Super
Disc: Grenade
Str: Melee

ocean

Banned
I wouldn't rank it that much higher.. I've had multiple sessions where party chat won't even load
The good thing about party chat is it doesn't get interrupted if you swap characters, leave the Fireteam for a second or get booted by a random Destiny server bug. The volume mix might also be a little better but that might be in my head since I haven't measured it or read about any differences in that regard.

joecanada

But you're ignoring the 4 months of fun most of us have already had with the game.

I'm not ignoring it or discrediting it, I'm saying that its not worth 100 bucks to me to run the same missons over and over... and that next time I'll be buying late.

Game feels like about 40 bucks but I have still had a lot of fun.

ethomaz

Banned
UK 2014 TOP SELLING GAMES

1. FIFA 15
2. CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
3. GRAND THEFT AUTO V
4. DESTINY

Amazing feat... just below the big franchises and it is a new IP.

E92 M3

What raid roles are there except shoot shit? Sure, everyone might have a job on different sections of the raid, e.g., someone has to guard the left conflux, someone has to get the chalice, someone swings the sword, etc. Those are necessary because of how the encounters work and aren't really what are thought of as typical "raid roles", which are usually like DPS, tank, off tank, kiter, etc. Any class can perform any of the normal Destiny roles in any raid. There's no "well, Warlocks can't guard the center conflux."

I like that roles are more separated from the class chosen. Gives people more creativity and doesn't lock anyone in.

joecanada

The good thing about party chat is it doesn't get interrupted if you swap characters, leave the Fireteam for a second or get booted by a random Destiny server bug. The volume mix might also be a little better but that might be in my head since I haven't measured it or read about any differences in that regard.

oh I totally agree that party chat rules, I even party chat with 5,6 guys in two seperate fireteams (3 person fireteams suck btw).... just sometimes the party chat won't even load in psn, it just shows "loading, loading, .................................."

Good job dum dum.

rkCToTl.jpg

Coconut

Banned

Titans should be tanking blade dancers should be reviving in normal mode. Warlocks are worthless so they should be hanging out in the tower.

commish

I'm about where you are and feel that I'm well on track. The bonus to XP later will really make it faster come the weekend.

joecanada

1. FIFA 15
3. GRAND THEFT AUTO V
4. DESTINY

I wonder though which way it is trending ... when you say it is a new IP it appears you imply that it can only go up... but I'm not entirely sure the press this game has gotten with the reviews is slanted toward an up-curve.... for example if they came out and said "60 hours of content!!" like Dragons Age I, will people believe that and just pre-order based on their word?
I'm leaning toward no, and I'm leaning on my own gut feeling which is that I will not be preordering, but wait and see..... same as DAI and I haven't bought it yet... will do so at 20 bucks.

ethomaz

Banned
I wonder though which way it is trending ... when you say it is a new IP it appears you imply that it can only go up... but I'm not entirely sure the press this game has gotten with the reviews is slanted toward an up-curve.... for example if they came out and said "60 hours of content!!" like Dragons Age I, will people believe that and just pre-order based on their word?
I'm leaning toward no, and I'm leaning on my own gut feeling which is that I will not be preordering, but wait and see..... same as DAI and I haven't bought it yet... will do so at 20 bucks.
Well... after Destiny I will buy at launch however Bungie do with Destiny 2 ;)

This game changed my gaming life... I never had so much fun in my 32 years with gaming.

PS. Yeap... I hate it flaws but it yet give more fun than any other game released this year.

patchday

Guys why yall doing the IB grind? I looked at the loot and it's just a bunch of L31 armor that we already got. Grinding for colors or something?

1. FIFA 15
3. GRAND THEFT AUTO V
4. DESTINY

Wow, COD: AW is #2. Very coo I love that game too. Nice post

commish

Titans should be tanking blade dancers should be reviving in normal mode. Warlocks are worthless so they should be hanging out in the tower.

I wouldn't know. I don't raid with their kind.

Guys why yall doing the IB grind? I looked at the loot and it's just a bunch of L31 armor that we already got. Grinding for colors or something?

The weapons are good and can be re-rolled.

I'm about where you are and feel that I'm well on track. The bonus to XP later will really make it faster come the weekend.

Cool. I think you're right. If I can get to rank 3 tonight, I'll feel a lot better about it. I have the day off on Monday so I'll play as much as I need to in order to hit rank 5. As you said, the buff should be a big help come Monday.

rangersmad92

Neo Member
Hey guys, recently purchased Destiny and blasted through the story. Now have a hunter level 23. What should I be doing just now to level up? I have recently been doing Vanguard Strike playlists, which can be quite frustrating when playing with a couple of randoms.

Should I continue doing this until I level enough to start doing the higher level strikes and raids?

joecanada

I want to play saturday but I feel there's no point by then, I wonder if there is a chart that shows with buffs, if you could viably get in on the weekend and make a dent.....

but on the other hand that wouldn't make much sense would it? Otherwise who would start playing early?

kidko

Guys why yall doing the IB grind? I looked at the loot and it's just a bunch of L31 armor that we already got. Grinding for colors or something

It's fun! Also the weapons are good. Also, there is one piece of 32 gear that doesn't require DLC mats to max, so you can save them for the other slots.

Hey guys, recently purchased Destiny and blasted through the story. Now have a hunter level 23. What should I be doing just now to level up? I have recently been doing Vanguard Strike playlists, which can be quite frustrating when playing with a couple of randoms.

Should I continue doing this until I level enough to start doing the higher level strikes and raids?

There are some great links in the OP about this very thing. Hawkian has a wonderful guide on how to level up post level 20.

Frostburn

#ForeverNoWhatever Runs!

Since the runs themselves have started to move away from exclusively the Vex itself, myself included (hooooray 43 HM runs laters!), anyone can join these runs in hope of "whatever" exotic weapon you may be still hunting for.

Atheon now gives 331 exotic weapons so even better!

We have a Hard Mode Atheon checkpoint, and we will be taking him down 3 times, so please have at least 2 characters and be willing to help with the third run.

When: Today - 8:00pm EST

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. PuMa
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN name and I will add you to the list!

I'd game for 3 runs (31/32/31) PSN: US-Frostburn

ocean

Banned

Wow, COD: AW is #2. Very coo I love that game too. Nice post
You can get 36 Light Gauntlets. You can also buy the highest impact Hand Cannon in the game, with the possibility of playing the slots using your Motes to re roll until you get perks you like.

It's also pretty fun when you're in a GAF group :) I've been lusting for a Saterienne Rapier since TDB launched but don't enjoy Crucible that much. This is a great way to get the Marks I need while having fun with cool players from here.

DoubleD

#ForeverNoWhatever Runs!

Since the runs themselves have started to move away from exclusively the Vex itself, myself included (hooooray 43 HM runs laters!), anyone can join these runs in hope of "whatever" exotic weapon you may be still hunting for.

Atheon now gives 331 exotic weapons so even better!

We have a Hard Mode Atheon checkpoint, and we will be taking him down 3 times, so please have at least 2 characters and be willing to help with the third run.

When: Today - 8:00pm EST

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. PuMa
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN name and I will add you to the list!
I'm down. PSN: UnderDouble

commish

I want to play saturday but I feel there's no point by then, I wonder if there is a chart that shows with buffs, if you could viably get in on the weekend and make a dent.....

but on the other hand that wouldn't make much sense would it? Otherwise who would start playing early?

I believe there's an excel chart on Reddit that will tell you what you need.

Top Bottom