• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

dB Viper

Wait, are the Titan boots actually useless? My new striker Titan needs an exotic and I was thinking of buying them to have until Inmost Light comes around.

If you can wait until next week, I would. These are far and away the worst Titan exotics in the game. You want a helm or chest, in my opinion.

edit:pVP focused

If you can wait until next week, I would. These are far and away the worst Titan exotics in the game. You want a helm or chest, in my opinion.

Fair enough, I'm also sitting on a huge pile of coins so I guess I could buy them and also see what comes next week. Appreciate the input.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To be fair, if you care about levels, you should prioritize Exotic helms because raid helms are the hardest drop. Everything else is entirely specialized.

How would everyone feel with NF strikes that happened once a month. They would not be regular nightfalls. They would almost be like mini raids. They would be completely unique and new, but also, they would guarantee 3 random exotic drops which could not be the same item, so no dupes.

I feel they should just do this with raids. Add modifiers like burns, juggler ect. With a chance to get upgraded raid gear. Once a month seems reasonable

dB Viper

Fair enough, I'm also sitting on a huge pile of coins so I guess I could buy them and also see what comes next week. Appreciate the input.

Gotcha, then go ahead if you have the coins.

I just started a Titan myself, to try and get all 3 characters to 32. I have exotics for him in the vault, so I am going to pass on these. Might gamble for Ruin Wings though.

realcZk

NnlX6mM.gif

I feel they should just do this with raids. Add modifiers like burns, juggler ect. With a chance to get upgraded raid gear. Once a month seems reasonable

No, please no, I can see the new raid having a dark room with chains everywhere and stealth vandals with lightswitch ; ;.

Ambitious

I'm willing to fight anyone who says Xur is still random. Screw that he has the same inventory as the week of January 2.

Someone on Reddit calculated the probability of this happening, assuming it is truly random with equal weights for all items. It's one in 10.000.

I would be 100% happier with Urk than Deej tbh. He actually tells us stuff

Yes, stuff like Crota not just being an oversized Knight but having multiple forms instead

I just read the Weekly Update (I was exceptionally busy yesterday evening). So, 1,314 words and the only piece of worthwhile information is the heavy ammo bug is being fixed (I did it in 6 words, see?). Typical Deej is Deej. What about all of the other bugs going on? Ugh, I just can't understand what the motivation here is, in regards to not discussing the other things with Destiny that are equally as important.

Quoting myself:

Eight hundred words to say that the heavy ammo bug will be fixed by the end of February.

lt519

All things considered, Destiny is a VERY well built game. Runs great, minimal glitches and nothing game breaking. I give credit to Bungie for that. So, I don't think their code is a train wreck; I think they don't have a whole lot of manpower working on supporting Destiny with updates. Based on what Deej said, we might not get a bigger vault until HoW launches. Everything is so ambiguous.

Oh I totally agree, but speaking from personal experiences our software group at work has some excellent pieces of software and some horrible pieces of software. The bad software works, and looks good, but underneath is a mess and any fix I ask for, small or big, takes a week to track down, a week to fix, and then a week to test. That's exactly what their bug tracker was describing so I immediately equate it with poorly written software. That usually comes from 1 or 2 things during development. Too large of a group working out of many development branches and finding it doesn't merge well into the main code-line or changes in team leads and philosophies regarding coding mid project.

I have one hard mode crota to run this weekend. becuase no heavy synth and I am currenlty sitting on 9 its gonna need to be a slick clean run. but becuase crota is an asshole, chances are unlikely

LiK

edit:pVP focused

they're a lot of fun for charging Strikers in PVP. I love using Stand Asides in Crucible.

Just bring your no land beyond Rob.

sushi did this trick last night and seemed like were waiting for him to empty his clips more than actually attempting crota. ( lol I kid sushi, do what you got to do man). I only used one synth but we had the good doctor with us and I cant expect the great one on all my runs.

EL CUCO

After going back to check what the stat roll was for Dont Touch Me when it was sold the first time, I noticed that this weeks items being sold are the exact same items from week 17. Interesting...I wonder if anyone can decipher a pattern.

Anyways, last time Xur had DTM it was 91/97 discipline. This time its 76/82. Maybe I'll still grab them since the gloves or highly situational (Abyss). I don't see myself using them anywhere else, honestly.

Shito

After going back to check what the stat roll was for Dont Touch Me when it was sold the first time, I noticed that this weeks items being sold are the exact same items from week 17. Interesting...I wonder if anyone can decipher a pattern.

Anyways, last time Xur had DTM it was 91/97 discipline. This time its 76/82. Maybe I'll still grab them since the gloves or highly situational (Abyss). I don't see myself using them anywhere else, honestly.
Yeah, no need to put too much importance on those stats: those gloves *are* situational.
I only use them for soloing the first part of CE.
I can see them being useful in future situations as well, but probably not so useful that I will want to make this my main piece of exotic gear.
Buy them now if you can afford them.

can someone explain how this trick works. I think I know but not exaclty clear.

Empty all your heavy. Empty all but 1 mag on your primary. Leave the special alone. When the glass goes up finish emptying the primary and then switch to an Ice Breaker. If done right the game won't have refilled you ammo and every ads you kill drops purple ammo.

Bonus: if you have a Heavy with surplus equipped, every box is worth 4 rockets.

If any HM Crota kills are going down, I'll be home and ready to go in 30mins.

jaaz

Yep. And its only 13 strange coins. I don't have anything else to spend coins on anyways.

Top Bottom