• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

rNilla

Does anyone have any theories about why Bungie is so obsessed with fixing Raid cheese (when fixing other problems with the game takes at least ten times as long)?

Because they designed these six person encounters to be played within certain parameters and when people find ways to exploit them it's a problem. Getting the Mythoclast and other HM loot by throwing grenades at Atheon, for instance, was a big problem.

Also, I imagine it's a bit easier to do things like modify death zones or create invisible walls than it is to alter an ordering algorithm that effects your character, gear and every subsequent item property in the game.

With that said, I don't understand why they don't just disable the heavy ammo perk for now like they did with Hive Disruptor---maybe it's not that simple.

Deku Tree

Because they designed these six person encounters to be played within certain parameters and when people find ways to exploit them it's a problem. Getting the Mythoclast and other HM loot by throwing grenades at Atheon, for instance, was a big problem.

Also, I imagine it's a bit easier to do things like modify death zones or create invisible walls than it is to alter an ordering algorithm that effects your character, gear and every subsequent item property in the game.

With that said, I don't understand why they don't just disable the heavy ammo perk for now like they did with Hive Disruptor---maybe it's not that simple.

Its much more of a problem IMO when Crota HM is a glitchy laggy mess that requires perfection and split second timing. So 4/5 times you run it you are wiped by bugs and then you have to not only run it perfectly without any mess ups at all not only from you but from your whole team but in addition you have to run it perfectly possibly five times in a row in order to beat it once because the four other times you ran it you were wiped by lag and/or bugs some of which appear to have been created by cheese fixes (like the disconnect cheese fix). This coming from someone who never cheesed Crota.

rNilla

Its much more of a problem IMO when Crota HM is a glitchy laggy mess that requires perfection and split second timing. So 4/5 times you run it you are wiped by bugs and then you have to not only run it perfectly without any mess ups at all not only from you but from your whole team but in addition you have to run it perfectly possibly five times in a row in order to beat it once because the four other times you ran it you were wiped by lag and/or bugs some of which appear to have been created by cheese fixes (like the disconnect cheese fix). This coming from someone who never cheesed Crota.

Yeah I agree. HM Crota encounter is a complete mess and I'm done with it. It's just not fun. The problem with fixing things is you are almost guaranteed to create new problems. Still, I imagine some of those issues might be difficult to pinpoint or fix. Why does the sword disappear? Why can't I pick it up sometimes? Why does the last sliver of the Swordbearer's health apparently represent 95% of it?

A lot of these issues seem to be from latency. Some of that is the game's fault (and like you said the precision required to execute on HM is too great) but a shitty connection is a shitty connection and with a mix of six people there's only so much the game can do to make up for it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
3 Atheon HM clears and nothing but a Vex and a Mida, both of which I already had. Ghorn alludes me for yet another week...

I hate this game.

Running though VoG HM reminds how much better it is than CE. Great encounters but most of all, it's actually fun.

To me it's seems like Bungie doesn't cater to the aversge player bar ie 95 percent of its consumer base. Just the hardcore players. That one's they know won't give up no matter how much of a mess it is

rNilla

Oh yeah I got a third Hollarhorn last night.

70496-Seinfeld-cigar-nod-smile-gif-i-DfwI.gif

hydruxo

3 Atheon HM clears and nothing but a Vex and a Mida, both of which I already had. Ghorn alludes me for yet another week...

I hate this game.

Running though VoG HM reminds how much better it is than CE. Great encounters but most of all, it's actually fun.

Yeah I agree. HM Crota encounter is a complete mess and I'm done with it. It's just not fun. The problem with fixing things is you are almost guaranteed to create new problems. Still, I imagine some of those issues might be difficult to pinpoint or fix. Why does the sword disappear? Why can't I pick it up sometimes? Why does the last sliver of the Swordbearer's health apparently represent 95% of it?

A lot of these issues seem to be from latency. Some of that is the game's fault (and like you said the precision required to execute on HM is too great) but a shitty connection is a shitty connection and with a mix of six people there's only so much the game can do to make up for it.

This is basically where I'm at with HM Crota. I still need the scout rifle (and crux but I could care less about that) but once I get it, I'm not bothering with HM again.

I still enjoy VoG. Hope the next raid is more like VoG and less like CE.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My Black Hammer is glitched!!!

It shows 331 damage but does 312 something.

The icon doesn't show full upgraded as well wtf.

itnlO4P.jpg

Top Bottom