• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Lima

I might hop on a bit and mess around with it if I can find the CP... it just looks so boring. Waiting for the phase to start, clearing the adds, zzzzz. Same as solo'ing normal Scrota as a 31 which was done w/ that same strat. Personally I don't think he should use the heavy glitch since it shouldn't be necessary and (to me) would invalidate the legitimacy. But I don't blame him with dumbass Xur not selling it anymore.

I got him down to enrage several times but that's where things always go wrong. There is no way to get him down by yourself, go in and still kill him before Oversoul wipes you. That is where I'm stuck at.

GRIP

Am I the only one that gets annoyed .... yes I know I shouldn't ... when you are trying to farm a respawn point for like a bounty, and some random is just kind of walking around interrupting the spawn. I wish I could find a way to like change my ports or something so I could go on patrol without others invading the game...

I know I'm a horrible monster.

I'm not proud to admit this.... but I'll chill in spawn points (thus causing enemies to not spawn) just to get people to leave certain areas. Like "you have the audacity to occupy my space". I clearly have some important shit transpiring- you got some bullshit happening... Why can't you just recognize that I'm trying to melee kill 30 enemies, or get the fusion rifle bounty done. Inconsiderate dicks.

I got him down to enrage several times but that's where things always go wrong. There is no way to get him down by yourself, go in and still kill him before Oversoul wipes you. That is where I'm stuck at.

Would the trick be to get him just on the edge of enrage before the final combo? Then get in a big enough combo to finish him off? Afaik enrage is somewhere around 215k and he has ~262.5k HP so you'd only need ~50k combo? Not sure if the shield breaks/sword would work for this when solo'ing.

I dunno, I've never messed around with solo'ing, just thought about strats a bit.

Qwell

Woots, finally downed HM Crota with my hunter, even used the invis stuff this time. I think that was 2 attempts total.

EL CUCO

Beat Crota HM like 5-6 times tonight.
Too bad we only got loot once.
The other times it was one glitch or another.
It's a big joke already. Has Bungie even acknowledged any of the bugs?

I'd be 100% on board if our group wants to never step a foot in HM until the bugs are fixed.

It's a big joke already. Has Bungie even acknowledged any of the bugs?

I'd be 100% on board if our group wants to never step a foot in HM until the bugs are fixed.

(1) No, they haven't. DeeJ insightfully pointed out that "hard mode is hard."

(2) Yessss. Doitdoitdoitdoit. Normal DSinger CP is the new hard Gorgon CP, I'll be passing it around at reset. Do normal DS+Scrota 3x in like 45 minutes total. Chances for exotics and helmets, do HM Scrota sometime later if you really feel like it.

Just spent the last two hours doing crucible for another Bad Juju. Titan bubble for the win.

I'm sitting on a completed Juju, Invective and Thorn bounty until HoW drops or whenever they raise the attack rating again. I'll sit on any other exotic bounties I get as well, I don't need 30 bounty spots available.

I think that auto enrage serves no purpose but to stop people from soloing him and making Bungie look bad

I'm not proud to admit this.... but I'll chill in spawn points (thus causing enemies to not spawn) just to get people to leave certain areas. Like "you have the audacity to occupy my space". I clearly have some important shit transpiring- you got some bullshit happening... Why can't you just recognize that I'm trying to melee kill 30 enemies, or get the fusion rifle bounty done. Inconsiderate dicks.

Yeah that sucks lol I mean the melee bounty can be done while you're doing other bounty. And the fusion rifle bounty is also super easy if you have the vex. You can even go wake up the hive and be all by yourself if you wanna be alone

If Fang ever drops for me I am retiring from Hard CE. Don't care about Necro or Word.

How many times have you cleared hard crota? The weapom drops seem to be very generous. I Have all 4 primaries for each of my characters. Have even had to dismantle several fangs

What I'm trying to say is if you do it 3 times a week you should get both the fang and the word soon

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't care for anything more right now than more vault space. The least they can do is instead of making three separate sections, they could just make one really big one.

raindoc

Goddamn glitches.
Tried killing Crota as swordcarrier for the first time yesterday (HM). one hour, not a single run without glitches.
It started at Ir Yut - as my team gathered at the side entrance after killing both shriekers, the Deathsinger glitched through the window and whacked two of our team from behind: I repeat: Ir Yut climbed out of the window and shot us in the back.
10 secs later we killed her, serves her right for trying to cheat
Then came Crota. OMG.
Sword disappeared every third run, Crota got up early or didn't go down at all, despite 4 Gjallarhorn-rockets & Co. And one time he fucking followed me down to the Ogre room!
I became too frustrated so we switched swordcarrier and host, but nothing changed. One time we actually killed him, but a split second after the last hit Crota's health bar got a boost again, he stood up and the Oversoul killed us.

Due to that and Xur I'm about to free up some disc space. Got nothing to level up or try out. Raid gear is stuck til reset because of those rad mats introduced while I collected ass shards, Xur's only selling shit, RNG blows, I can play through strikes blindfolded and PvP too often feels like a CE fight as described above.

excuse the rant, bad morning after a worse evening, need to vent. and another coffee.

How many times have you cleared hard crota? The weapom drops seem to be very generous. I Have all 4 primaries for each of my characters. Have even had to dismantle several fangs

What I'm trying to say is if you do it 3 times a week you should get both the fang and the word soon

Hard? I think only 4 times and never got a weapon drop. I wish I had the time to run it on all characters every week, but I don't. I've actually not gotten a weapon to drop from Crota since the first clear when it is guaranteed.

Hard? I think only 4 times and never got a weapon drop. I wish I had the time to run it on all characters every week, but I don't. I've actually not gotten a weapon to drop from Crota since the first clear when it is guaranteed.

That really sucks. It really isn't a fun encounter and can drag out for longer than it should for the silliest of reason. I hope you get the fang soon though

TP-DK

So last night I played ce on normal with a group, to see if I could get the Black Hammer (I didnt).
For Crota we used the hard mode strategy and hid at the ogre tower. Now when the first ogre came out we had a Sunsinger that threw a solar grenade, which made the ogre walk away through another door. We never got to kill it because it walked away through a door. I have never seen that happen before.

Im gonna see of any from the group got a video of it cause it looked funny as hell.

That really sucks. It really isn't a fun encounter and can drag out for longer than it should for the silliest of reason. I hope you get the fang soon though

It's all good. I am riding high after the Gjallarhorn drop. I'm actually happy to use it on Crota for a few more runs. I have tons of great scout rifles, Fang would just be nice to have as an Arc primary option.

raindoc

So last night I played ce on normal with a group, to see if I could get the Black Hammer (I didnt).
For Crota we used the hard mode strategy and hid at the ogre tower. Now when the first ogre came out we had a Sunsinger that threw a solar grenade, which made the ogre walk away through another door. We never got to kill it because it walked away through a door. I have never seen that happen before.

Im gonna see of any from the group got a video of it cause it looked funny as hell.

there's a .gif of a similiar incident, can't find it though.

Born2Live

(1) No, they haven't. DeeJ insightfully pointed out that "hard mode is hard."

(2) Yessss. Doitdoitdoitdoit. Normal DSinger CP is the new hard Gorgon CP, I'll be passing it around at reset. Do normal DS+Scrota 3x in like 45 minutes total. Chances for exotics and helmets, do HM Scrota sometime later if you really feel like it.

I'm sitting on a completed Juju, Invective and Thorn bounty until HoW drops or whenever they raise the attack rating again. I'll sit on any other exotic bounties I get as well, I don't need 30 bounty spots available.

Hey sorry about last night. I thought I would start playing Dying Light while I waited for our Atheon runs, I fell asleep at the title screen and next thing I knew it was 5am GMT. Sorry I missed the invite and hope it wasn't to hard filling my spot.

Chucker

Up til 4. Gonna pay for it tomorrow, but Crota popped like a piñata when we killed him.
Word
2 shards
2 energies
Glowhoo
Crux

If I can get the fang I can write that whole raid off.

Gordon

Levelling up an alt and I just noticed (because I can see my experience gain) 10 rep beacons give you 250 exp and 25 rep beacons give you >=600. That's pretty decent. Three of the 25 rep beacons is pretty comparable to a 50 rep bounty. I mean it's 75 rep and 2400 exp, but I didn't think it would be that much.

Edit: Sorry, it's 500, but it looks like the target might give more exp than a normal enemy of that type too. Not sure.

We finished the raid in Hard mode but missed the Gorgon chest. Is it still lootable on normal mode now?

yes... chest is only done for the week once you've actually opened it on hard, you can open it on normal first and then hard or just once on hard

edit: ^^^now this is what a substantial page topper looks like! Didn't even bother capitalizing sentences or using proper punctuation. Learn from its majesty.

Hey sorry about last night. I thought I would start playing Dying Light while I waited for our Atheon runs, I fell asleep at the title screen and next thing I knew it was 5am GMT. Sorry I missed the invite and hope it wasn't to hard filling my spot.

lol you may have me confused w/ someone else :p my PSN is DrDrizzay101, I don't think I sent out any invites yesterday and didn't do any Atheon kills either. Maybe you are thinking of Byron aka Cosmos Man on PSN?

Anyone doing Atheon HM? I need to do it twice.

Speaking of Atheon kills, send me an invite if you need another body to fill out the roster, I'll be online messing around w/ some other stuff. Also, I saved this just to terrorize you with it:

B9NK70TIYAE7z2Y.jpg

Run for your life Lik !!!

yes... chest is only done for the week once you've actually opened it on hard, you can open it on normal first and then hard or just once on hard

edit: ^^^now this is what a substantial page topper looks like! Didn't even bother capitalizing sentences or using proper punctuation. Learn from its majesty.

Don't be trying to pass off bottom page filler as top page worthy. We're on to your shit. :p

LiK

Speaking of Atheon kills, send me an invite if you need another body to fill out the roster, I'll be online messing around w/ some other stuff. Also, I saved this just to terrorize you with it:

B9NK70TIYAE7z2Y.jpg

Run for your life Lik !!!

I just remembered that guy's PSN. Delete him, lol

I'll need you in group, seems like only raindoc is interested atm.

LiK

I don't care that it's 4:50AM. Thread is super dead for a Saturday morning. Knew this would happen with Xur's bullshit.

It's 10am GMT Saturday morning, that's prime UK gaming time! I bet there won't even be a post between these two....

edit: ha-ha! just as I predicted.

I don't care that it's 4:50AM. Thread is super dead for a Saturday morning. Knew this would happen with Xur's bullshit.

I think we were about here 2 months into vanilla Destiny as well. There is a slow atrophy that will continue until the next DLC.

I remember the LFG sites being all but dead the week before TDB, and they surged back to life.

LiK

It's 10am GMT Saturday morning, that's prime UK gaming time! I bet there won't even be a post between these two....

edit: ha-ha! just as I predicted.

Looks like no go for Atheon atm. There's hardly anyone here actually responding, maybe later.

Top Bottom