• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Heavy Ammo Glitch to get ammo + Ballerhorn = Better experience in HM Crota. Shooting rockets at boomers when I'm coming out to make sure they don't shoot. Shooting Swordbearer with rockets to make him go down faster. Shooting the thralls at the door when coming back into the crystal room from ogres. Being able to shoot 2 rockets at the end to make sure Crota goes down timely.

I'm a happy camper. Deleting my 2nd hunter and making a Exo Titan tomorrow. Going to be fun.

I got the next best thing recently:

untitleddsalu.png

TrueSight IS (strong target acquisition aka great autoaim)
Final Round (last bullet does bonus damage)
Armor Piercing Rounds
Firefly

woohoo!

I have the exact same roll except Truesight, best legendary scout rifle in the game.

forrest

formerly nacire
Looking to kill normal Crota on my 31 titan . Have a ghorn. Might be the last thing I do on my titan as I'm probably going to roll a third Hunter.

Trying to get a Hunger of Crota to finish off my CE raid legendary collection.

Arrrammis

There's a lot of neat Destiny props out there now. I'm surprised no one has done a Gjallarhorn yet.

There are likely 3d models already designed, but printing or creating the parts needed for a full size Gjallarhorn is much more intensive/expensive than making a (much smaller) hand cannon, which is pretty much all that I have seen fully replicated.

Vex is fine for PVE. you guys are crazy.

fully endorsed

To quote myself on the Vex:

it's completely fine and you can do all content in the game with it

But the flip side from this is:

Vex is not a good PvE weapon, but there aren't very many exotics that rank highly in PvE from a true min/max perspective.

It's a terrible choice based purely on load out effectiveness. It doesn't stand out in PvE for any reason that can't be replaced just fine by another primary and certainly not at the expense of your exotic... but that doesn't matter most of the time. Roc strikes, farming enemies, etc. etc. Use whatever you want, use whatever is fun like I've said so many times before.

I don't mean this in a bad way at all, but do people know what I mean by min/max'ing? It seems like there's a lot of confusion when I compare/rate weapons. For example: If PFoil is only better than FVerdict for Atheon encounter "in case you run out of GHorn ammo" then it's not the best option in the game. It's only the best option "if you run out of GHorn." A min/max'ed encounter load out doesn't have those conditions attached. Not sure if I'm explaining the concept clearly or not.

Lol I'm too old to listen to dudes talk all hard on the mic. Ruins the "fun" of it!

haha ok, I think I need to hear this story next time we raid together...

I believe I def made some great gaming buddies here, some of them even trust me enough to give me their PSN account info when they are on vacation

haha going back through some of the many thread pages I've missed and found this gem, awesome! You are a good man Rawr, I know a trustworthy soul when I meet one. I think I've talked to all our raid regulars and everyone is down to keep reset raiding even if we don't play much otherwise. We can even play PvP or whatever some weeks if we don't feel like raiding. And hopefully we can organize some TLOU MP until BB drops....

You made a long post saying you quit after HM was released too, but you were back by like the next day. /snip/ I mean, you're already king of backtracking by admitting that you're still going to do the raids and stuff.

.... and then I stumbled on this nonsense. Why post something mean-spirited when you don't even know the person or their situation? What's the motivation, what do you have to gain? Fyi my motivation here is that I hate seeing people make unprovoked insulting posts, especially to one of my gaming buddies. Rawr is one of the nicest guys around, it's just uncalled for to put people down like that.

You made a long post saying you quit after HM was released too, but you were back by like the next day.

It's okay to admit that you're burned out by the game right now without acting like you're done with it forever. If you liked the game this much for the first 5 months, you will return when new content hits. I mean, you're already king of backtracking by admitting that you're still going to do the raids and stuff.

Uhh what? Rawr is the man. One of the nicest people ever.

Just got a legendary special weapon engram. Please give me a void sniper rifle to replace my VoG one.

edit: And it's a solar Longbow. Ehhh.

Mindlog

Rawr is good people.

We've played the game a whole lot, but I really have no plans to buy Comet right now. It would need a whole bunch of massive changes for me to buy in again.

But Hard Crota Solo looks possible... I can get to Deathsinger pretty quickly now. May have to dive back in just for something new to do.

Omni

Yanno I'm at that point where... I'm struggling to see why I'm playing any more. This several month break with no new content is going to be brutal.

We've played the game a whole lot, but I really have no plans to buy Comet right now. It would need a whole bunch of massive changes for me to buy in again.

I'm in a similar boat. I have enjoyed the game. Put a ton of time into it and most of all, enjoyed the coop experiences and the community.

The game has enough flaws however, and is such a huge time sink to make any end-game progress, I don't know if I want to do it all over again with Comet.

Bungie did, however, fulfill one of my requirements to purchasing any future content. My acquisition of Gjallarhorn. So Step 1 is complete. Now they need to create a campaign with more mission variety than horde mode defense missions.

Yanno I'm at that point where... I'm struggling to see why I'm playing any more. This several month break with no new content is going to be brutal.

Nothing wrong with taking a break. You can come back when there is new content. I have a few mini-goals left to complete and I will be done just in time for The Order 1886 and Bloodborne to consume me for a couple months.

T
It's a terrible choice based purely on load out effectiveness. It doesn't stand out in PvE for any reason that can't be replaced just fine by another primary and certainly not at the expense of your exotic... but that doesn't matter most of the time. Roc strikes, farming enemies, etc. etc. Use whatever you want, use whatever is fun like I've said so many times before.

I don't mean this in a bad way at all, but do people know what I mean by min/max'ing? It seems like there's a lot of confusion when I compare/rate weapons. For example: If PFoil is only better than FVerdict for Atheon encounter "in case you run out of GHorn ammo" then it's not the best option in the game. It's only the best option "if you run out of GHorn." A min/max'ed encounter load out doesn't have those conditions attached. Not sure if I'm explaining the concept clearly or not.

I love my Vex, but I get this. For an optimal build, it just doesn't quite cut it for all around situations. If we are talking the pre-nerf Vex, then it absolutely could be a core part of a min/max build, but as it is now, it is just an above average weapon that is frequently ammo starved. It has basically just become my Solarburn primary except for when Icebreaker (or now Gjallarhorn) is a better fit. PvP it still rocks and is a top tier weapon.

I wish Bungie could have an optional PvE mode with no rewards to just do an insane loadout with no Exotic slot restriction. A Vex, Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn Solarburn ROC strike would be hilariously fun.

One thing I would like to see improved in the game is a sense that something is at stake in the game world and that there was some sort of ebb and flow to who or what was in control.

There are a lot of situations where you come across 2 alien races fighitng it out, but it is just an endless loop of the same waves over and over again. What's worse is they don't really even hurt each other. There are no tactics or pushes. No one wins. It's just a show.

There was almost a small taste of it with the current Nightfall. In the first set of caves where Fallen and Vex are engaged, the All Burn modifier makes them actually deadly to one another instead of just for show. If you sit back, they kill a lot of each other off and there are just a few Vex left over when all is said and done. No respawns makes it feel a little more authentic in terms of who won that fight. Then of course you just waltz through and do some cleanup, but still. It was an interesting little observation.

So yesterday Dr. Drizzay and couple of other peeps weren't to fond of my comments. Seriously, I don't think people should not complain, it's within everyone's right to do so, it just seems a little pointless to keep voicing the same complaints hoping that Bungie takes action when clearly it's at the bottom of their "to-do" list.

....and now another good post! lol :p
Taking my time getting caught up in the OT here...
Thanks for this thoughtful post Predator, much more persuasive! And no hard feelings of course. I completely agree with what you're saying here and I think a lot of us that voice criticisms feel the same way. Obviously I only speak for myself, but I don't express complains because I expect Bungie to change in any way. Briefly perusing popular posts on reddit and bungie.net makes it seem the whole community has similar complaints. I don't think it's up to us to make these issues known to Bungie; we are one small part of a very, very large game.

This next part kinda got outta hand so to be clear, this isn't directed at you Predator but rather general musings for the OT. I voice criticisms for a few reasons:

(1) this OT is essentially a conversation between many people that I've gotten to know and sincerely appreciate over the last few months. My posts are the same type of dialogue I'd have with any friends that share common interests. We talk about all this same stuff in our party chats, everything we love and hate about Destiny.

(2) I love games and take them way more seriously than I probably should. I see so much potential in Destiny in a way that's truly rare for the medium. I have as much love and admiration for VoG as probably any gamer in the world; it's one of the greatest achievements in game design I've ever experienced. But outside of VoG, I see that potential squandered again and again.

(3) For Scrota specifically, the encounter offends me in a personal way that's hard to explain (even disregarding glitches/lag). I dislike it because of how disproportionately it prioritizes one party member and then HM cheaply scales the damages to make the margin for error razor thin. As a result, you end up with one "all-star" and 5 people just hoping they don't mess up. I hate that so much. I want everyone to feel like a super star, like an important and valuable member of the team, not just a heavy ammo supply.

Being part of this community has exposed me to so many personalities from literally all around the world. Many people are shy or maybe unsure about their gaming abilities in a high pressure situation like HM Scrota, and it really pains me that these people don't have the chance to feel that same excitement, considering everyone's limited time and their desire to clear the encounter each week. Like I said: I probably take this stuff too seriously...

Qwell

Am I the only one that gets annoyed .... yes I know I shouldn't ... when you are trying to farm a respawn point for like a bounty, and some random is just kind of walking around interrupting the spawn. I wish I could find a way to like change my ports or something so I could go on patrol without others invading the game...

I know I'm a horrible monster.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed .... yes I know I shouldn't ... when you are trying to farm a respawn point for like a bounty, and some random is just kind of walking around interrupting the spawn. I wish I could find a way to like change my ports or something so I could go on patrol without others invading the game...

I'm with you.

It's forgivable until they clearly see and know what I'm doing, and continue to [often on purpose] interfere with the spawns.

Totally missed this earlier DVPred, but it's all good. I probably wouldn't have been as edgy if it wasn't for that it harkened to a lot of the OT1 opinions that complaints had no place (to be fair, for most a defensive stance to due to the massive meltdown from the reviews on Gaming side) and that your post did read a bit as trying to shut down discussion critical of the game.

Despite the fact that I'll vehemently disagree on just going with the flow because Bungie wants to be a certain way and any change from that isn't expected, you're right in that the experiences we have here with each other and other friends in the game tend to outweigh the issues. Otherwise I doubt most of us would still be playing week after week.

But Hard Crota Solo looks possible... I can get to Deathsinger pretty quickly now. May have to dive back in just for something new to do.

I might hop on a bit and mess around with it if I can find the CP... it just looks so boring. Waiting for the phase to start, clearing the adds, zzzzz. Same as solo'ing normal Scrota as a 31 which was done w/ that same strat. Personally I don't think he should use the heavy glitch since it shouldn't be necessary and (to me) would invalidate the legitimacy. But I don't blame him with dumbass Xur not selling it anymore.

kidko

if it's bad, I'll go load into the next area and back to get rid of 'em

Top Bottom