• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Anyone up for atheon hard? Got cp.
got day off work and bored..

I can help if you want but my alt is 30, but can bring max bwaaaahorn.
Would you mind taking a 28 along ? I can probably just do some damage but will die quick.

EDIT: So what is the IB Lord selling tomorrow ? I know the Timur's Lash and Felwinter's Lie are dropping but I donno if we know what he's going to sell. I might just buy a chest piece or such just to look different from others.

Also, for thr IB reputation trick to work, I just need to be in orbit since before the reset and join someone who is in tower after the reset right ?

Manp

for all the hate Super Good Advice gets i started using it on the Atheon fight and it wrecks shit >:)
i can clear all oracles by myself without having to reload, detainment shields may as well not be there... a situational weapon if there ever was one but it really makes Atheon easy mode.

if you happen to have black hammer or a legendary sniper with field scout and icebreaker like impact there's no reason imho not to use SGA over IB.

:)

Sorry Drizzay we killed the templar so quick we forgot to save the checkpoint. I saved normal gorgons though, in case you want that.

You're looking to solo normal templar, aren't you? :p

Marvel

could never
OK guys, I finally did it. I re-bought Destiny.

Should be here in a few days, looking forward to seeing you all again.

noomi

Morning dgaf, what a fine week. New OT and many good loots are nearly upon us :D

Can't wait for tomorrows reset, 'gun be gooood.

So I got a weasel error at the end of the Daily Heroic, after the mission was over but before the game over screen, and the game just didn't bother giving me my rewards.

Rubenov

EDIT: So what is the IB Lord selling tomorrow ? I know the Timur's Lash and Felwinter's Lie are dropping but I donno if we know what he's going to sell. I might just buy a chest piece or such just to look different from others.

Also, for thr IB reputation trick to work, I just need to be in orbit since before the reset and join someone who is in tower after the reset right ?

Felwinter's Lie and Gheleon's Demise will drop.

For the trick to work last time, you had to:

1) Be logged in before reset
2) Have a friend log in after reset, and have him/her head to the tower
3) Join that friend in the tower

I'm not sure if Bungie will have this fixed this time around though

Gordon

So my wife was trying to level up her alt before Xur left so she could hit the weekly again and get enough coins for a Red Death, but she didn't make it in time. She finished up today, and then while we were running a NM Deathsinger with her new char the Red Death dropped for her lol

bosseye

So for Crota's End Hard Mode..we have...

1) Boguester, the swordbearer that
blame the gltiches for his scrubbiness :p
2) rawr, the swordbearer that
breaks my controller and still abuse the heavy ammo gltich when I have 650 heavy ammo packs then dies to his own scrub faults and causes everyone to wait a few seconds AGAIN!
3) ShaperofStories
4) bosseye (?)
5)
6)

Sorry, I’m not available at the moment ;_;

UK based (at work right now and will be for hoooooourrrs), so much as I’d love to raid now, I’m only really available from around 7pm GMT. Which I know doesn’t quite fit with you all, but such is life, sadly. Would love too join you, you all seem like entertaining chaps to play with, so maybe one day the planets will align.

Although, you don’t want my scrubby ways anyway really, last HM Crota I attempted (usuccessful as ever) for no obvious reason I apparently forgot how to double jump at one point and died.

So my wife was trying to level up her alt before Xur left so she could hit the weekly again and get enough coins for a Red Death, but she didn't make it in time. She finished up today, and then while we were running a NM Deathsinger with her new char the Red Death dropped for her lol

That's fantastic. :lol

Sorry, I’m not available at the moment ;_;

UK based (at work right now and will be for hoooooourrrs), so much as I’d love to raid now, I’m only really available from around 7pm GMT. Which I know doesn’t quite fit with you all, but such is life, sadly. Would love too join you, you all seem like entertaining chaps to play with, so maybe one day the planets will align.

Although, you don’t want my scrubby ways anyway really, last HM Crota I attempted (usuccessful as ever) for no obvious reason I apparently forgot how to double jump at one point and died.
its all good! I was not sure if you were able to join us at that time. Welp let me know a time and we can try to figure something out. Haha nah you're good. Just took a new player thro Crota HM with a bare minimum of glitches. Will help you get that Crota hm kill :)

Sorry Drizzay we killed the templar so quick we forgot to save the checkpoint. I saved normal gorgons though, in case you want that.

Haha yeah, mainly. And it serves as a good normal Gorgon CP for next week. No worries though, I'll hop onto a Nm VoG run here if there is one or just get on LFG.

nOoblet16

Had a guy in my raid party who collected enough coins to buy the Red Death on the very last day before Xur left and then while we were running Crota NM he got it from killing Crota...lol

noomi

Haha yeah, mainly. And it serves as a good normal Gorgon CP for next week. No worries though, I'll hop onto a Nm VoG run here if there is one or just get on LFG.

I have normal deathsinger and hard crota good to go for tomorrow just in-case. Might come grab normal CP from one of you guys tomorrow if you still have it.

If we can't get you the kill, I'll have to retire. But seriously, we'll get the kill.

Namikaze1

Damn. Gonna need to find someone willing to do this then.

I thought there was some weird trick where you could be logged in at the tower over reset and just had to change armor or something? They definitely patched the ability to share CPs so now anytime you leave a CP to Orbit it automatically logs you out and back in which resets everything. Not sure if you could go from Orbit to a CP/another person's tower without the same thing happening. Hopefully...

I thought there was some weird trick where you could be logged in at the tower over reset and just had to change armor or something? They definitely patched the ability to share CPs so now anytime you leave a CP to Orbit it automatically logs you out and back in which resets everything. Not sure if you could go from Orbit to a CP/another person's tower without the same thing happening. Hopefully...
Unless i miss read you, i just shared atheon hard cp fine.

Sullichin

I notice you did that last time. I was like how the fuck.

They definitely patched the ability to share CPs so now anytime you leave a CP to Orbit it automatically logs you out and back in which resets everything. Not sure if you could go from Orbit to a CP/another person's tower without the same thing happening. Hopefully...

What's the preferred method of carrying over a CP now? Does logging in pre-reset and having a friend join after reset still work?

Yeah thats what happen to me last week. I am expecting it to happen again this week.
What's the preferred method of carrying over a CP now? Does logging in pre-reset and having a friend join after reset still work?
well now log in before reset, load up the checkpoint before the rest and remain at that checkpoint till after the reset. Have someone, who logs in after the reset, join you in the checkpoint. Wipe the that person should have the checkpoint now. When you go back to orbit, it will most likely automatically logs you out and back in which will resets everything for you. But that person will have the checkpoint for the new week.

Anyone up for VoG Hard tonight?
I got Templar checkpoint.
Start at around 20:00 CET (-5 ET, -8 PT).
Let me know if you're interested.

noomi

Sounds good, I have both the hard and normal gorgon checkpoint.

Coolio, I'll probably come steal both of those from you tomorrow :)

DSTNYGAF is being suggested around here but I prefer HAWKMOON cause it fits the 8 letter word criteria and it is easy to remember compare to the former.

Yep, I like HAWKMOON too for that same reason

This.... this is just cruel :*(

Yeah thats what happen to me last week. I am expecting it to happen again this week.

well now log in before reset, load up the checkpoint before the rest and remain at that checkpoint till after the reset. Have someone, who logs in after the reset, join you in the checkpoint. Wipe the that person should have the checkpoint now. When you go back to orbit, it will most likely automatically logs you out and back in which will resets everything for you. But that person will have the checkpoint for the new week.

The way we did it last week (for two checkpoints). I logged in 10min before reset, loaded up 1st CP and a friend went to sit at it, then loaded up the 2nd CP and another friend went to sit at it as well. Logged out, waited for reset, logged back in and grabbed both checkpoints again :)

I think the main thing is now, that you have to load up any checkpoints you have before the actual reset happens. Anything you try to load up after that reset takes you back to orbit apparently and logs you out? Not sure.... better safe than sorry though. Get on a bit earlier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom