• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

Here it is in all its glory. Our NLB Only run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4GIvFLXg0

I apologize that you have to listen to an obnoxious maniacal jackass for the majority of it as I forgot to include party chat until near the end. :\

TOP OF PAGE GIF HIGHLIGHT MADNESS! HI BOGUESTER!

Sorry not sorry Nami.
3o85xxZAyZVSYKfFqE.gif

It's nearly impossible to crit a Goblin with a throwing knife. Do you believe in miracles?
3oEduGQUXKWkVZiaMo.gif

The Oracle Strikes Back. So hard that it froze the video.
3o85xDJWn1JHo34RMY.gif

...and many more antics within. Enjoy!

BokehKing

Banned
Where those little mailboxes always on the right side of the postmaster?

Or am I only seeing things more clearly now because I am a level 32

noomi

Let me get this straight , Hawkmoon will be the watchword for Destiny players wanting to play Bloodborne lol makes sense. Just do not get your hopes up for a lot of coop as it seems at the time being FS have limited it - it will use up a currency - Insight.

Wat.... Really? That's kind of ingenious actually... and at the same time sucks.... We will need to use currency to play coop? Hah!

I apologize that you have to listen to an obnoxious maniacal jackass for the majority of it as I forgot to include party chat until near the end. :\

TOP OF PAGE GIF HIGHLIGHT MADNESS! HI BOGUESTER!

Pure Beauty *tear*

Was reading on all the Gjallahorn drops last night, including Xion was was bitching about it in the game I played with him (before he got his.)

It's a great joy of mine to drag my scrubby friends through normal and hard Crota to see what kind of gear they can get. Big ups to MS1582 and DrDrizzay (who fits right in with the scrubs) for any of the times that they've helped make it happen.

My friend Jim played a bunch of Destiny early on but mostly put it down for the past few months. Was going to pull him through a hard Crota kill and I asked what kind of rocket launcher he had. He said he didn't have a purple rocket, so I said let's do normal DS and Crota first and try to get you Hunger of Crota. Beat Crota and got Swordbreaker. Oh, and Gjallahorn. :D

Played with our other friend Andres last night on hard Crota. He's played the game for 300 hours, so he's not quite a casual, but not up to some of our insane standards. Gjallahorn drops for him and he's silent. Finally, when he says "Yes" his voice is quivering. He had actually muted his mic for a moment because he was afraid he was going to cry.
Todd the title is bad and you should feel bad.
You forgot to include image backup.
zoidberg_bad.jpg

My friend Jim played a bunch of Destiny early on but mostly put it down for the past few months. Was going to pull him through a hard Crota kill and I asked what kind of rocket launcher he had. He said he didn't have a purple rocket, so I said let's do normal DS and Crota first and try to get you Hunger of Crota. Beat Crota and got Swordbreaker. Oh, and Gjallahorn. :D

As a non-Gjallahorn owner in your fireteam at the time, that was the worst. And amazing!

Stealing the crux from you later after HM Crota made up for it though. ;)

Nuszka

Wat.... Really? That's kind of ingenious actually... and at the same time sucks.... We will need to use currency to play coop? Hah!

There is still a lot to learn but you gain it from progressing in game, discovering bosses similar to humanity in previous games but easier to come by. Chalice dungeons will aparently not use Insight , instead you can gain it there. BTW from the 7+ hours of spoiler full gameplay i have seen the game is hard, some even say DeS hard. Praise intensivies!!!

noomi

Was reading on all the Gjallahorn drops last night, including Xion was was bitching about it in the game I played with him (before he got his.)

It's a great joy of mine to drag my scrubby friends through normal and hard Crota to see what kind of gear they can get. Big ups to MS1582 and DrDrizzay (who fits right in with the scrubs) for any of the times that they've helped make it happen.

Played with our other friend Andres last night on hard Crota. He's played the game for 300 hours, so he's not quite a casual, but not up to some of our insane standards. Gjallahorn drops for him and he's silent. Finally, when he says "Yes" his voice is quivering. He had actually muted his mic for a moment because he was afraid he was going to cry.

You forgot to include image backup.

A truly touching story, some of my most memorable moments in the game are helping friends get the loot they want. When commish finally got his gjallarhorn, that was pretty great, also when messiek got his black hammer I was very happy for him.

Lol, now that I think about it, I was there for your horn and messiek's as well haha. I was a bit salty about those though :p Got mine shortly after hehe.

As a non-Gjallahorn owner in your fireteam at the time, that was the worst. And amazing!

Stealing the crux from you later after HM Crota made up for it though. ;)
Ah yes, and thanks to anyone else that I manage to rope in on my scrub runs and forgot to mention, like Science, and EThomaz, and others. I didn't mean to slight you by not mentioning you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4GIvFLXg0
I honestly didn't know that Atheon had an enrage timer. What happens?

Nuszka

A truly touching story, some of my most memorable moments in the game are helping friends get the loot they want. When messiek got his black hammer I was very happy for him.

But what came after that was pretty priceless : "Guys it's ok i have Black Hammer"

Been away from this thread since first week of January, last night I post to see how Destiny GAF is doing... I wake up this morning and see Nami, Fig and the the hijinks of the rest just like it was from Destiny OT 1 on.

You have no idea how good it feels to see nothing has changed.

Deku Tree

Warlocks Fusion Grenades + Praxic Fire + Bad Juju = OMG Warlocks are the best class.

I wonder if that could be done as a level 30 or do you need to be 32?

Been away from this thread since first week of January, last night I post to see how Destiny GAF is doing... I wake up this morning and see Nami, Fig and the the hijinks of the rest just like it was from Destiny OT 1 on.

You have no idea how good it feels to see nothing has changed.
Welcome back :) I hope your time away was productive. Thinking I am going to have some time away soon due to grad school T_T

Technically no one has figured it out. At least from what I can see. Words such as extremely rare, low, maddeningly hard have been used to describe the RNG of faction shaders.

Best of luck.

Are FWC and NM shaders worth looking out for? Hell, I may already have one and not know since the only one I hear about is DO.

noomi

OMG Solo Legit Atheon Kill
http://youtu.be/TJwwrZuiTJU

I haven't watched the video yet but it was on reddit with good comments.

GG Team Warlock! WarlocksOP! Warlocks are the Solo Raid Masters!

If anyone could do it, it had to be a warlock. Very impressive!

But what came after that was pretty priceless : "Guys it's ok i have Black Hammer"

This is one of the best gaming moments I've ever had. That line along with Hyun Sai's" Is Really Good Sound" are etched forever in my memory.

Are FWC and NM shaders worth looking out for? Hell, I may already have one and not know since the only one I hear about is DO.

If you have it keep it. Honestly RNG is so freaking crazy in this game. At one point there was a pretty strong theory (this is a joke by the way) that RNG was based loosely on actually two random number generators. The first would calculate based on the weighted value of the letters in your gamer profile. The second was based on the weighted value of the letters of your party members names. A super awesome formula created by the IRS and Mathematicians from CERN during their coffee break would calculate what you got just based on your profile name.

The more ridiculous the combination of letters: How Fratbrostoner your profile name is equates out to the ease at which super exotics drop.

Evidence to back up this theory... Reddit posters and screenshots of their phat lootz.

This theory was debunked because my profile name is the same for everything (It is pretty stupid dudebro like)... I have yet to receive awesome anything and I played the hell out of the XboxOne version.

Deku Tree

I just searched the Destiny threads for the term "Horn" during the second Xur peroid when the Horn was for sale. There was exactly one mention of the term Horn and it was about a "magic horn" and I'm not sure it even referred to Gjallarhorn or not.... How young and how foolish were the DGAF Guardians back then...

E92 M3

I've been listening to the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack again and is it weird that I still think it's one of the best soundtracks for gaming? Especially since it's on the 16bit. I'd put it up there with Bungie's work and Xenogears. Unfortunately, Destiny's soundtrack isn't as iconic.

I've been listening to the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack again and is it weird that I still think it's one of the best soundtracks for gaming? Especially since it's on the 16bit. I'd put it up there with Bungie's work and Xenogears. Unfortunately, Destiny's soundtrack isn't as iconic.

Wow, I was 10 when the game came out. It's sound track is honestly a work of art.

Destiny's soundtrack is actually pretty damn spiffy...

But think of it this way, we have all played the hell out of Destiny, we have heard the music and the effects countless times. Sober, drunk, mellow, angry through all emotional up's and downs playing with friends and pick up groups alike. No sound design can withstand the amount of time any of us have put into this game.

E92 M3

Wow, I was 10 when the game came out. It's sound track is honestly a work of art.

Destiny's soundtrack is actually pretty damn spiffy...

But think of it this way, we have all played the hell out of Destiny, we have heard the music and the effects countless times. Sober, drunk, mellow, angry through all emotional up's and downs playing with friends and pick up groups alike. No sound design can withstand the amount of time any of us have put into this game.

That's true, Toaster, but Destiny doesn't have that one theme that never gets old. Say like the monks chanting on the Halo title screen.

It's not terribly different than needing Humanity to be in Human form for coop, difference being that you have to use it every time. Just staying alone won't save you cuttency. Just the host needs it as far as I can tell.

I just hope unlimited Sunbro'ing is possible. That is my favorite part of the game.

That's true, Toaster, but Destiny doesn't have that one theme that never gets old. Say like the monks chanting on the Halo title screen.

Yes, this is true. But honestly I think Destiny being a more social game killed the intimacy of the soundtrack.

I do find the title screen music to be soothing. Like going to grandmas for cookies over the holidays...

I was gone from the game for almost 3 months, and how I left was not on good terms. I finally get a PS4, TV, and Destiny back and I boot it up and seriously the utter joy of hearing that opening title screen music... it was priceless. You can all laugh but Destiny for me has always been a good experience, be it with friends or GAF members. That opening title music I attached that sound to nothing but pure fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom