• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

I really am hoping HoW makes me care about the story a little more, but it might be until Comet hits that I care at all.

At least the Crota story was pretty direct; you hear all about Crota in the missions, you kill his minions, then you kill him in the raid!

Borderlands' dialogue is actually very good though. It's silly and very crude, however its funny and well acted.

Destiny's is so bad it's baffling. It's like they got the guy who wrote "To war." in H3 to write the entire script. The acting is also surprisingly bad in some spots...

It's a fun game but damn the story is disappointing. Such a shame that the amazing atmosphere and art direction got paired with such a sloppy story.

Borderlands writing is like National Lampoons level of awesome.

I am shocked people would think otherwise...

Breezy...

doublesecretprobation.jpg

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Rolled my Jolders Hammer and got Field Choke, Rodeo, Perfect Balance and Crowd Control. Forgot I had an extra Fel Winter's Lie in the vault and it rolled Knee pads, Hammer Forged and Shot Package. Took less than 15 rolls total. I'm happy.

jem0208

Borderlands writing is like National Lampoons level of awesome.

I am shocked people would think otherwise...

Breezy...

doublesecretprobation.jpg
Scooter is just the best.

That's like a Unicorn...

Seriously though, Borderlands is ridiculous but it's pretty funny.

My biggest hope for Destiny 2 is a good story, and some variety in the crucible. TThey're by far my biggest problems with my game.

(Also add a competitive playlist where you don't spawn with shotguns or snipers and you get access to ridiculous one hit kill supers... Bungie plz)

Anastasis

I really am hoping HoW makes me care about the story a little more, but it might be until Comet hits that I care at all.

At least the Crota story was pretty direct; you hear all about Crota in the missions, you kill his minions, then you kill him in the raid!

I remember watching and rewatching the intro to the Beta, looking for clues as to what the larger story might hold. It seemed everything was there for them to really bring a compelling story.

It really is strange that they admitted to this fault and really wanted to bring it in TDB. I mean, I guess it is there in that the story makes some sense, but it still does little to get me excited about it.

GhaleonEB

Borderlands' dialogue is actually very good though. It's silly and very crude, however its funny and well acted.

Destiny's is so bad it's baffling. It's like they got the guy who wrote "To war." in H3 to write the entire script. The acting is also surprisingly bad in some spots...

It's a fun game but damn the story is disappointing. Such a shame that the amazing atmosphere and art direction got paired with such a sloppy story.

Brilliant. This is the perfect description of Destiny's story script. Halo 3 was generally well written but that line jumps out for not making a lick of sense. Destiny is a parade of dialogue just like it.

vctor182

Well I've played a bit of BL, the one that it's free on PSN, A couple of hours really, but the reason for that was that the goddammed robot (I think his name is claptrap??) would not shut up, he's very very annoying

jem0208

Brilliant. This is the perfect description of Destiny's story script. Halo 3 was generally well written but that line jumps out for not making a lick of sense. Destiny is a parade of dialogue just like it.
I'm genuinely curious if it has something to do with Joe Staten leaving. Maybe a conflict of interest between the design and writing. The limitations on story due to the game's structure must be pretty frustrating for a writer.

Claptrap is my homie.

He is supposed be annoying.

Claptrap is brilliant, what's not to love?

https://youtu.be/p1N_ZgIadUk

Woops, got your name wrong. :p

Yeah, I'd be down to help people with that too if they need it, so count me in. :]

no worries.

so, for flawless/clan raid/clan strike, it looks like we've got:

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss
3. ich00 (said he could help)

any one else interested? perhaps we could select the clan and get the strike done tonight, we only need 3 for that

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Does IB rank reset every time?

I just got to lvl 5 but I don't want any of the stuff they have for sale.

SmallWind

no worries.

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss

any one else interested? perhaps we could select the clan and get the strike done tonight, we only need 3 for that
I'm down for flawless.

Hell yes. Fatebringer...

It's so nice. and shiny.

matthew-mcconaughey.jpg

I want to thank my team for carrying me while I did absolutely nothing and got the phattest of lootz!

Atone13

Does IB rank reset every time?

I just got to lvl 5 but I don't want any of the stuff they have for sale.

From what I understand your rank does get wiped each time, so other than the gear you can buy there's not much else the rank does for you.

Edit:
Also just getting on for the evening, if anyone's doing some IB I'm gonna work on knocking out a few bounties for a while.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
no worries.

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss

I'd be down.

Which is it?

PSN: BiGBoSSMK23

no worries.

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss

Add me for flawless if you're doing it tonight.

Rehsa

no worries.

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss
4. Moridhin

I need flawless also, looking for Wed night right, about what time? Will need to work it out with the wife :)

Nori Chan

sorry guys but i need an answer, did anyone do iron banner this week? because i played it for hours and hours and it kept dropping the same stuff: silimar's wrath and birth of history. i wanted a jolder's hammer but it only dropped the auto rifle and the ship like 4 of each

I got jolders. X1

I've seen the auto rifle and ship drop. Nothing else in the 3 levels of IB so far

Nori Chan

Ambush scope/Surplus :)/)/field scout/clown cartridge

And void for my IB sniper. Thoughts? I'm not really rolling in motes lol I got it in two rolls.

willow ve

Borderlands NPCs are awesome. Don't understand the hate at all. Mr. Torgue is easily one of the best video game characters I can think of. Played his expansion countless times just for his one liners.

Would love voice packs for our ghost.

jem0208

Borderlands NPCs are awesome. Don't understand the hate at all. Mr. Torgue is easily one of the best video game characters I can think of. Played his expansion countless times just for his one liners.

Would love voice packs for our ghost.
I would pay large sums of money for a Cortana voice pack.

Can a level 27 do the weekly nightfall? And if anyone wants to do it add me PS4, PSN ID: Toyyo
Yes but you will need to be carried hard since you are very squishy. Might as well rename your armor squishy armor. It's not your fault about the stupid level disadvantage. Just so squishy!

nOoblet16

Seems like one of those weeks for me when everything feels shit and you contemplate about your life and your situation. Ah well, just 12-13 more weeks to slog through and I will be better as well as happier...waiting it out one reset at a time. HoW, don't disappoint moi !!

no worries.

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss

I'm down for all three if you still have room! PSN: Sentinalprimus

Well the writing in Tiny tinas dlc is great. But I just cannot stand everything else. I refuse to play BL2 just because of having to go through the bad dialogue and the story. To the point where I prefer Destiny ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom