• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if i were to re-roll one, which one should that be?

If I have to pick one to re-roll I would take the second one.
I don't think double down procs a lot, while Unflinching lets you aim while under moderate fire. There are some instances where it saved my life.

Thanks to WheelHoss and CthulhuSars for letting me Blink Nova Bomb some guys in my last IB matches.
IB with GAF has been a lot of fun for me, I even think IB might have been my one of my first encounters with DGAF people a couple of months ago.

GhaleonEB

That's kind of a strange opinion. Have you actually played Borderlands 2? Because as much as I love Destiny, there's more content/voice acting/story in one sub area in BL2 than there are in 4 whole patrol areas in Destiny. Only things I think Destiny does better is gunplay and raids/raids bosses.

I thought that was his point...

If I have to pick one to re-roll I would take the second one.
I don't think double down procs a lot, while Unflinching lets you aim while under moderate fire. There are some instances where it saved my life.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it procs every match in PvP. I have a Broken Truth (dead orbit sniper) with double down and field scout. All Iron Banner I've been spawning with 24 rounds at the beginning of the match. That's huge with the special ammo nerf. I have a spear with it, with no field scout, and I think it's around 14.

It might've been but he didn't really clarify. BL2 is just more of a complete game than Destiny is IMO, even with Destiny having better gunplay.

BL2 was incredible, all around great game. If Borderlands 3 ups their gunplay game you will all know where to find me...
until Destiny 2

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it procs every match in PvP. I have a Broken Truth (dead orbit sniper) with double down and field scout. All Iron Banner I've been spawning with 24 rounds at the beginning of the match. That's huge with the special ammo nerf. I have a spear with it, with no field scout, and I think it's around 14.

Ah ok, that's a huge difference indeed. I don't have any sniper with Double Down, so was just going with what I heard tbh. This could come in handy indeed with the special ammo nerf.

If thats a borderlands video I will burn you

Destinys story may suck and be barebones, but its still worlds ahead of anything Borderlands sput out

tumblr_nc088uvdga1tgkjz9o1_1280.jpg

Borderlands was one of my most hated games. But Borderlands 2 got it right. Dialogue alone is a million times better than a lot of shit that is out there right now.

Mindlog

Rank 5 Iron Banner Achieved.
Don't want another Lash. No 331 Hammer dropped for me. That sucks, but I will be happily using etheric light on an old Swarm! Had no idea I still had one saved. Must have been too hard to give up.

Besides, I don't really need a Legendary Heavy for PvP. Exotics only tyvm.

It's weird that after a run of extremely harsh Crucible games I had such a fun time with Iron Banner. Felt like I won and lost a fair share of close matches. Throughout the whole event only one random pissed me off and that was because they intentionally pushed me into a sniper. Perhaps it was payback for something, but I still finished that map in second with a 6 k/d. Plenty of other great randoms. Even a few where we taunted each other and it seemed like good natured ribbing instead of the imagined pure hatred that occasionally seethes through the screen.

I wasn't even annoyed by enemy weapon selection. Most hand cannon fights seemed fair and the only ones that really got the upper hand on me were the very experienced TLW users. I'm OK with that. I stayed mostly out of shotgun range, but when they closed the distance I have frequently planted my throwing knife in their skull.

Without a doubt the most entertaining counter to a Titan with Shoulder Charge and a shotgun running after me is a Final Round Spear to their chest. I knew a Titan was following me from the box room into C, but I managed to turn around very quickly and pop them. That one felt great.

sportz103

Anyone on XBO wanna try and do Flawless Raider on Crota's End NM now? Getting a couple people together.

EDIT: Thanks for the PMs, got 5. Wish me luck!

Anyone on XBO wanna try and do Flawless Raider on Crota's End NM now? Getting a couple people together.

Jesus... I would have to install and update Destiny again on my One. Actually I am going to do that right now. If you guys try later please let me know

Xbox tag: CthulhuSars.

mfn_pie

Grinded the fuck out of my Hunter yesterday from 7-20, (thanks Flying Toaster for the final push), got her up to 27 with gear I had laying around. So I'm basically done with my Titan, Warlock needs boots, exp and mats to get to 32 and the Hunter needs a shit ton of Crota gear to be viable.

Looking to set up a group to raid late at night while the world sleeps and dreams of Kate Upton doing another zero G photo shoot, from midnight eastern to about 4am. The idea is to have a good time and share experience, make fun of each other and prepare for HoW.

My god Fate of all Fools is accurate and has awesome range on it. Went up against him on twilight gap and was getting shot across the map with it. Crazy stuff

That's kind of a strange opinion. Have you actually played Borderlands 2? Because as much as I love Destiny, there's more content/voice acting/story in one sub area in BL2 than there are in 4 whole patrol areas in Destiny. Only things I think Destiny does better is gunplay and raids/raids bosses.

Say what?

Borderlands 2 has a genuinely entertaining story. It may not be particularly clever but at least there are actual characters.

How do you figure? There is literally no story in destiny. There just isn't, and they have done nothing to expand the story or even tell a new one with 40$ worth of new content. Borderlands had a hilarious story that gave you a reason to go places, and most importantly of all IMO, really made you hate the villain and made you want to take him down. The "darkness" isn't even mentioned in Destiny that much,and when it is its vague as hell.

I thought that was his point...

My point was, that no matter how bad the writing in Destiny is or how lacking of a story there is, that the absence of story and dialogue is better than what BL2 has to offer. and my best friend is borderlands. Wait no I mmean, I have over 100 hours spent in BL2. Ill take a pic when I get back totonight.

But, because Ive played so much of BL2, I can say without a doubt that the dialogue is so damn bad that I literally cannot play 1 more minute of bl2. I bared with it before because I played with friends, but good lord that game just tries waaaay too damn hard. Which is why Destinys story and dialogue is leagues better than having to hear Claptrap tell you how stupid he is. Or something.

jem0208

My point was, that no matter how bad the writing in Destiny is or how lacking of a story there is, that the absence of story and dialogue is better than what BL2 has to offer. and my best friend is borderlands. Wait no I mmean, I have over 100 hours spent in BL2. Ill take a pic when I get back totonight.

But, because Ive played so much of BL2, I can say without a doubt that the dialogue is so damn bad that I literally cannot play 1 more minute of bl2. I bared with it before because I played with friends, but good lord that game just tries waaaay too damn hard. Which is why Destinys story and dialogue is leagues better than having to hear Claptrap tell you how stupid he is. Or something.

This is just crazy talk.

Repeat anything enough times and it will eventually become grating. At least on the first listen Borderlands is entertaining. Can't say the same thing about Destiny.

GhaleonEB

This is just crazy talk.

Repeat anything enough times and it will eventually become grating. At least on the first listen Borderlands is entertaining. Can't say the same thing about Destiny.

I have not played any Borderlands game, but it would be some feat to top the absurdity of some of Destiny's cinematics. The "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" line gets referenced a lot, but really that entire scene is flabbergasting. Literally every exchange of dialogue makes no sense whatsoever.

MildSoss

Who was the person talking about doing a flawless run soon? Kazenshi right? If you doing it Wednesday I'd be down, need that trophy myself still.

daedalius

I have not played any Borderlands game, but it would be some feat to top the absurdity of some of Destiny's cinematics. The "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" line gets referenced a lot, but really that entire scene is flabbergasting. Literally every exchange of dialogue makes no sense whatsoever.

Evil so evil it despises other evil!

Who was the person talking about doing a flawless run soon? Kazenshi right? If you doing it Wednesday I'd be down, need that trophy myself still.

yes, i'm looking to get a crew for flawless. i think there's a GAF raid tag that we can use for the purposes of the other two trophies, for those who want the clan strike and clan raid trophies.

MildSoss

yes, i'm looking to get a crew for flawless. i think there's a GAF raid tag that we can use for the purposes of the other two trophies, for those who want the clan strike and clan raid trophies.
Woops, got your name wrong. :p

Yeah, I'd be down to help people with that too if they need it, so count me in. :]

Deku Tree

My friend just completed the nightfall and got fucking nothing
He hasn't done it before, we're not near the reset, this is the first time he's played this week
Wtf...

If the game didn't register that your friend completed it then they might be able to do it again and get loot.

GhaleonEB

Evil so evil it despises other evil!

"I believe where our paths cross, the ground breaks."

*moments later*

"I can't [help you]. My path is my own."

But we were totally going to break the ground together and stuff.

"A side should always be taken. Even if it's the wrong side."

This is the kind of fortune cookie wisdom that is more shallow than the paper it's written on. Sometimes staying out of things really is the best course. Certainly better than picking the wrong side!

Seriously, every. Single. Line. Is nonsense.

Anastasis

"I believe where our paths cross, the ground breaks."

*moments later*

"I can't [help you]. My path is my own."

But we were totally going to break the ground together and stuff.

"A side should always be taken. Even if it's the wrong side."

This is the kind of fortune cookie wisdom that is more shallow than the paper it's written on. Sometimes staying out of things really is the best course. Certainly better than picking the wrong side!

Seriously, every. Single. Line. Is nonsense.

Completely agree. Trying to grind through my third character and it is so, so horrendous.

jem0208

Borderlands' dialogue is actually very good though. It's silly and very crude, however its funny and well acted.

Destiny's is so bad it's baffling. It's like they got the guy who wrote "To war." in H3 to write the entire script. The acting is also surprisingly bad in some spots...

It's a fun game but damn the story is disappointing. Such a shame that the amazing atmosphere and art direction got paired with such a sloppy story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom