• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in my car,waiting on my niece to get out of school, I can only think about glimmer farming.
What have you done to me Destiny.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Thanks rasengan, PrivateWHudson, and others for letting me in on the glimmer train.
dude, GAF trains just rock - no matter the activity!

RdN

Alright, rank 5 on IB, helmet, pistol and sniper bought.

It was a much better experience playing only in the weekend and Monday instead of burning out during the whole week.

blazeuk

Totally understandable, that's why I am going to fly to the tower right now, to roll one with Unflinching and Final Round :p

Edit:
It did cost me half of my motes, but there it is.

seqKBcIh.jpg

Arc - Ambush Scope, Unflinching, Perfect Balance, Final Round

Damnit EJRobinson, why do you have all the luck with re-rolling weapons?! I could have spent all my motes and I still wouldn't have got that.

I bought 3 Spears and settled with these;

Solar: Unflinching, Field Scout & Mulligan
Void: Unflinching, Field Scout & Grenadier
Void: Unflinching, Armor Piercing Rounds & Firefly

I wanted an arc one but I spent nearly all my motes trying to get a good roll and had to stop in the end.

I was gonna grind to max crucible marks on each toon but now that they are doubling the amount of crucible marks per match I might just grind to crucible rank three and wait on grinding the marks until after the doubling. I'll just play as much PvP as I want.

Be cool like me and just grind each faction to 3 by doing pve activities

Damnit EJRobinson, why do you have all the luck with re-rolling weapons?! I could have spent all my motes and I still wouldn't have got that.

I bought 3 Spears and settled with these;

Solar: Unflinching, Field Scout & Mulligan
Void: Unflinching, Field Scout & Grenadier
Void: Unflinching, Armor Piercing Rounds & Firefly

I wanted an arc one but I spent nearly all my motes trying to get a good roll and had to stop in the end.

Hahaha sorry Blaze, I'm just a master of rerolling
or Gjallarhorn stealing for that matter
They're not bad rolls, just keep the solar one in your vault (you have BHammer and Icebreaker for solar burns), build up your mote stash again and reroll that one when the next IB comes around.

You'll get there Blaze, I know you can! Just don't push me off again when we're glimmer farming ok?

Axoman

I don't have very high hopes of PoE being that great. I hope I'm wrong though.

Just going by recent history, I can't see PoE being something truly spectacular in this DLC.

When Bungie mentions replayability and randomness, I can't help but think just random burns/modifiers each week.

I think best case would be random enemies, but I don't believe we'll be fighting in different environments.

Namikaze1

I've sent you the PM, Ghaleon. :)

So I take it tomorrow's Nightfall/Weekly is Devil's Lair or Summoning Pits. Hope it's the latter with Arc burn. Haven't used Thunderlord in a long while.

That's what I did on my Titan. Don't feel like doing the same on my Hunter and Warlock.

RedFury

Someone please tell me my spear with armor piercing, last round, and rodeo is great. I was going for spray and play to offset the small mag but ran out of motes. Spent 122 :(

Krelian

I finally got my first Gjallarhorn! :D Got it as a Crota drop along with the Titan helmet. I also killed him as a Titan swordbearer for the first time today, I've only used my hunter so far.

Deku Tree

My Warlock has all tower vendors at rank 3 or higher.

My Titan and my Hunter have FWC and NewMonarchy at rank 0 and all the other tower vendors at rank 3 or higher. Except my Titan still has the Crucible vendor at rank 1 and I'm working to get it to Rank 3 before HoW. I'll just play Crucible until I get the bounties that I want to do done each day.

Otherwise I'm not working on the other factions right now. I wanna collect Crucible commendations by leveling up the Dead Orbit faction on all characters.

WipedOut

First one is a great roll.

Solar version is solid too but there are so many great solar weapons in this game that I typically value void (and even arc to an extent) higher on a random roll.
I have a 3rd to roll, probably will do it by the end of the night. Hoping for an arc then I'll be fine on them. Want one for each flavor.

I've sent you the PM, Ghaleon. :)

So I take it tomorrow's Nightfall/Weekly is Devil's Lair or Summoning Pits. Hope it's the latter with Arc burn. Haven't used Thunderlord in a long while.

That's what I did on my Titan. Don't feel like doing the same on my Hunter and Warlock.

I thank myself for only grinding dead orbit to level 3 on only my titan. Sure Ill miss out on the titan armor from other factions, but switching my hunter/lock grind towards a different faction each is more palatable.

Magik

Someone please tell me my spear with armor piercing, last round, and rodeo is great. I was going for spray and play to offset the small mag but ran out of motes. Spent 122 :(

Its a good roll. Even better if has a arc elemental since there's a plethora of Solar snipers and Praedyth's is still top tier for a void legendary.

Totally understandable, that's why I am going to fly to the tower right now, to roll one with Unflinching and Final Round :p

Edit:
It did cost me half of my motes, but there it is.

seqKBcIh.jpg

Arc - Ambush Scope, Unflinching, Perfect Balance, Final Round

yeah, i got a second:
solar - ambush, unflinching, snapshot/send it/skip rounds, final round

so my first was:
solar - ambush, double down, HCR/Send it/Perfect Balance, Final round
i have a plethora of Solar snipers now...
200.gif

Namikaze1

I thank myself for only grinding dead orbit to level 3 on only my titan. Sure Ill miss out on the titan armor from other factions, but switching my hunter/lock grind towards a different faction each is more palatable.
For months, I had each focus on one faction: Titan with New Monarchy, Hunter with Dead Orbit, and Warlock with Future War Cult. It was only recently when I decided to rank up other factions on my characters. My Titan is one bounty away from DO rank 3 and currently working on ranking up FWC. Warlock is mid way through DO rank 2 and Hunter started FWC just two days ago.

yeah, i got a second:

so my first was:
200.gif

Yeah...but if you're using them for PvP the element doesn't matter.
I just used my PvE solar Spear in HM CE, just for fun.

Lima

If you are rolling a Speer for PvE content the first perk must be surplus. It is a must.

Not only do you pick up more ammo per green pack, you also get 4 rockets with every heavy drop. It's like ruin wings for every class.

If thats a borderlands video I will burn you

Destinys story may suck and be barebones, but its still worlds ahead of anything Borderlands sput out

How do you figure? There is literally no story in destiny. There just isn't, and they have done nothing to expand the story or even tell a new one with 40$ worth of new content. Borderlands had a hilarious story that gave you a reason to go places, and most importantly of all IMO, really made you hate the villain and made you want to take him down. The "darkness" isn't even mentioned in Destiny that much,and when it is its vague as hell.

CLBridges

One day I will sit down and watch the Star Wars movies...maybe. Here's hoping I can get my little alt. Titan to IB rank 4 to get a helmet, tired today though :/

yeah, i got a second:

so my first was:
Yeah...but if you're using them for PvP the element doesn't matter.
I just used my PvE solar Spear in HM CE, just for fun.
so if i were to re-roll one, which one should that be?

Arrrammis

One day I will sit down and watch the Star Wars movies...maybe. Here's hoping I can get my little alt. Titan to IB rank 4 to get a helmet, tired today though :/

If you're going to watch them for the first time, I recommend the Machete order: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6.

We don't like to mention episode 1.

hydruxo

Destinys story may suck and be barebones, but its still worlds ahead of anything Borderlands sput out

That's kind of a strange opinion. Have you actually played Borderlands 2? Because as much as I love Destiny, there's more content/voice acting/story in one sub area in BL2 than there are in 4 whole patrol areas in Destiny. Only things I think Destiny does better is gunplay and raids/raids bosses.

jem0208

Say what?

Borderlands 2 has a genuinely entertaining story. It may not be particularly clever but at least there are actual characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom