• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is why the TG filtering options are much superior. Click "Set -> Show Duplicate Items" and boom--only duplicate items are listed:
uc

Now "Tier -> Exotic":
uc

To reset filters, just click on the gear dropdown -> Clear Filters.

A lot of us postulated that some of the limitations like vault size, etc. are platform limitations. I doubt we'll see any more increases in vault size as long as Destiny has to be compatible with the PS3/360 platform. On the surface, paging the vault screen would seem trivial. But I noticed non of the tower vendors' screens have this paging element. With the current modifications taking as long as it did and with it, the disabling of the "comparison w/equipped" on the PS3/360, Bungie has probably pushed it as far as it can go.

There's always hope that Destiny 2 will be PS4/XBone only which should free Bungie of previous gen hardware limitations inherent with the current versions.

Yeah, the filters on TG are great. I would even take a web only cold storage. I have a bunch of ARs that are junking up the place, just waiting for the PvE AR buff. Same with my husk of the pit/cruxes and NLBs. Just add an option like equip our move to vault, but move to archives in the b.net app.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really, really hate that ps4 only strike with the undying mind

stairwell of minotaurs is just everything this game needs

I think this is why the TG filtering options are much superior. Click "Set -> Show Duplicate Items" and boom--only duplicate items are listed:
uc

Now "Tier -> Exotic":
uc

To reset filters, just click on the gear dropdown -> Clear Filters.

A lot of us postulated that some of the limitations like vault size, etc. are platform limitations. I doubt we'll see any more increases in vault size as long as Destiny has to be compatible with the PS3/360 platform. On the surface, paging the vault screen would seem trivial. But I noticed non of the tower vendors' screens have this paging element. With the current modifications taking as long as it did and with it, the disabling of the "comparison w/equipped" on the PS3/360, Bungie has probably pushed it as far as it can go.

There's always hope that Destiny 2 will be PS4/XBone only which should free Bungie of previous gen hardware limitations inherent with the current versions.

I'd encourage you to post your enhancement requests on the Tower Ghost "Issues" page on Github. The author of TG is very responsive and is often quick on making changes/improvements: https://github.com/dasilva333/TowerGhostForDestiny/issues

Twist: you are the author of TG.

Namikaze1

CESTsOsW0AA3CCS.png:orig

I've been waiting for a very long time, Drizzay! When are you gonna deliver?! Todd delivered on the first day he got HoPF! In 10 hours, it will have been 4 days since you got TL!

I've tried to keep up with everything the last couple of days (and I'm pretty sure I have)... so no weapon skins, right?

No, but that would be glorious. I've been a long time lobbyist for that addition. I want a lime green or safety orange fatebringer. Our guns are what we see the most, and we're stuck with brown and grey for raid weapons.

Rainmaker

Banned
No, but that would be glorious. I've been a long time lobbyist for that addition. I want a lime green or safety orange fatebringer. Our guns are what we see the most, and we're stuck with brown and grey for raid weapons.

Same. I'd also like them to have a little more fun with shaders in general. Pinstripes, polka dots or something! A chromed out shader.

Namikaze1

^^^
I'll hopefully be online for it

Destiny |OT Light 21| No Raiding in Prison

Destiny |OT Light 21| Ascend Past Your Limits

Destiny |OT Light 21| 3 is better than 6 anyway

Destiny |OT Light 21| The Storm before the Comet

DY_nasty

It will be hell.

this

its the only strike that i can't really solo or comfortably carry, not because its hard or anything but because its just dumb. let me spawn a buttload of minotaur ultras backed by a giant turret and a host of snipers to just roll down hill on you surprise!there's an enemy spawning behind you to start the trollstairwell huehuehuehue and if you don't progress fast enough we'll throw a wall in front of you AND additional waves of cheese

oh yeah, and its kinda cramped so have fun with all that splash damage

huehuehue

seriously, wtf bungie
if everyone uses their supers, that stairway to hell is actually kinda fun.

if nobody uses their supers, it's awful.
this is what you usually get tho

and golden guns/blade dancers could use a pve damage buff imo. as is, hunters are really good for nothing but mildly consistent orb generation, medic, and scrota

^^^
I'll hopefully be online for it

Destiny |OT Light 21| No Raiding in Prison

Destiny |OT Light 21| Ascend Past Your Limits

Destiny |OT Light 21| 3 is better than 6 anyway

Destiny |OT Light 21| The Storm before the Comet

Now I don't care what the title is, as long as it's |OT Light 21|.

M3Rocket

I, for one, welcome our new Psion overlords.

Psion Flayers at the end there is almost like a round in PoE. Three Flayers with different elemental shields, enemies from drop ships and spawn points, etc. That end fight is really fun if you have a fireteam that is properly equipped and communicating. So intense if you directly engage rather than snipe from the balconies!

It was tedious in a match-made strike because the Flayers had too much health and you have randoms doing whatever rather than coordinate. Regardless, the strike is now much better since Bungie nerfed their health in the last big patch.

I really, really hate that ps4 only strike with the undying mind

stairwell of minotaurs is just everything this game needs

Yep. I would welcome it IF those stair waves would give me glimmer. But nope...

DY_nasty

Psion Flayers at the end there is almost like a round in PoE. Three Flayers with different elemental shields, enemies from drop ships and spawn points, etc. That end fight is really fun if you have a fireteam that is properly equipped and communicating. So intense if you directly engage rather than snipe from the balconies!

It was tedious in a match-made strike because the Flayers had too much health and you have randoms doing whatever rather than coordinate. Regardless, the strike is now much better since Bungie nerfed their health in the last big patch.
i actually like that strike now. they lengthened the leash on the flayers as well as mixing up the mob variety at certain points. they'll actually chase you down to the lower levels if you let them.

Yep. I would welcome it IF those stair waves would give me glimmer. But nope...
i never understood why either - especially when you're given that glimmer from killing the same enemies in the boss room

k1t4j

So I have been trying to get a shotgun collection rolling, since I got a 4th horseman and kinda fell in love with it for PVE, so much fun getting in the face of captains and knights and just melt them. I pretty much disregarded them all together before I got this lexotic.

Anyways here I am all happy after spending 150 marks and bought myself a Secret Handshake, arc damage, in the process of levelling it I get Rahool to level and he gives me 2 blues for his 68th level.

I go and decrypt them and one of them was a mote, the other was a Judgement VI shotgun solar damage, with quite high impact, stability and reload. Also comes with final round, full auto and field scout/hammer forged.

:D

I've been waiting for a very long time, Drizzay! When are you gonna deliver?! Todd delivered on the first day he got HoPF! In 10 hours, it will have been 4 days since you got TL!

The post is a bit more involved, haha. Plus I haven't played since Tuesday and have been pretty out of the loop, trying to catch up with this super-speed thread. Getting close though. Tonight's the night.

ad8cb87c06c7a8c2d2da55a16ecadaecc18be784.jpg

M3Rocket

Twist: you are the author of TG.

LOL! Nah. Just someone who's birthed a number of web sites since 1994. Yes--that was before the Netscape browser was even launched. We were using Mosaic. Sheeesh, I feel so old right now...

I just appreciate that the TG author being so responsive. And of course, the simple but effective program design. Example--I typed "Final Round" in the filter box, and boom:
uc

M3Rocket

So I have been trying to get a shotgun collection rolling, since I got a 4th horseman and kinda fell in love with it for PVE, so much fun getting in the face of captains and knights and just melt them. I pretty much disregarded them all together before I got this lexotic.

Anyways here I am all happy after spending 150 marks and bought myself a Secret Handshake, arc damage, in the process of levelling it I get Rahool to level and he gives me 2 blues for his 68th level.

I go and decrypt them and one of them was a mote, the other was a Judgement VI shotgun solar damage, with quite high impact, stability and reload. Also comes with final round, full auto and field scout/hammer forged.

:D

You hit the motherload of a roll on that Judgement VI. You're going to wreck with it in the Crucible.

darthbob

if everyone uses their supers, that stairway to hell is actually kinda fun.

if nobody uses their supers, it's awful.

If only Bungie would enable glimmer drops for that hallway...

I get it, they'll never do it because glimmer farming :(

I'm finally going to sit down and program the lfg thing for this thread tomorrow. I'll do the automated players list next week.

I only need to know: is anyone in here somehow unable to have the latest version of Firefox or Chrome(/Opera/Safari) or is stuck on an IE below 11 in the same location they'd be playing Destiny from?
you, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman...
we're never going to reach OT25 then, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom