• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
was thinking more along the lines of

drunk raid

shotguns only

every time someone dies

QoE0foa.gif

I'm in next weekend. I work tomorrow, and can't be hung over for mother's day.

Deku Tree

So I know the title of the IGN article says that new exotics will drop in both raid, but the quote reads that the level of the exotics will be 365 not that the new weapons will actually drop (Similar to how they buffed VoG to have 331 attack weapons). Or am I just reading to much into this.

IGN talked to Bungie and they are saying that the quote means more than it might sound like it means in that interpretation that you expressed. Although reading the quote alone your interpretation wouldn't be a bad one. If you want to believe IGN it's up to you.

Hm. It'd be weird if they made it so VoG/CE stuff would drop with the highest attack damage/light level, because it would be a waste to use etheric light on your current stuff if you can just find it again at current level~

Deku Tree

I'm about 3 or 4 trophies from the Bloodborne plat. Maybe after I get that out of the way, I'll hop in your backpack.

Lolz... I am I think one trophy from the BB plat and I stopped playing a while ago. That half health defiled chalice is painful.

I could do it but I just lost interest. If you haven't touched the chalice dungeons yet they're almost like a whole different much grinder game than the main game.

Never really been excited about trophy collecting unless I was really enjoying it.

Deku Tree

Hm. It'd be weird if they made it so VoG/CE stuff would drop with the highest attack damage/light level, because it would be a waste to use etheric light on your current stuff if you can just find it again at current level~

If anything I would guess that it would drop at level 32 and need to be ascended to level 34 with Etheric light.

border

If The Dark Below is any indication the new exotics will more than likely be rammed up your ass nonstop (No Land Beyond, Dragon's Breath) so I'm not sure why there is so much worry about whether or not they will drop in old raids.

EL CUCO

Lolz... I am I think one trophy from the BB plat and I stopped playing a while ago. That half health defiled chalice is painful.

I could do it but I just lost interest. If you haven't touched the chalice dungeons yet they're almost like a whole different much grinder game than the main game.

Never really been excited about trophy collecting unless I was really enjoying it.
I just completed the Lower Chalice dungeons last night. Bloodletting Beast was a rush! Next step, Ailing Loran. I got the Bloodmoon boss waiting for me since I saved my progress on a USB. No NG+ for me :)

MildSoss

That's why I stopped aftet I was done with the main game, I tried some of the dungeons but they weren't fun at all. I wish you could just fight the bosses without going through all that grind.

If The Dark Below is any indication the new exotics will more than likely be rammed up your ass nonstop (No Land Beyond, Dragon's Breath) so I'm not sure why there is so much worry about whether or not they will drop in old raids.

Psh, they kept the good ones locked away as drops. Like.....the ones that aren't NlB or DB.

deafmedal

Obligatory Friday Night LFG post incoming!

Looking for my weekend warrior raiders to start a fresh raid in about 30 mins, not too worried about which raid or what difficulty (prefer HM VoG or NM CE) with the possibility of multiple runs...

1. deafmedal

Take a shot Private ;P

Deku Tree

I just completed the Lower Chalice dungeons last night. Bloodletting Beast was a rush! Next step, Ailing Loran. I got the Bloodmoon boss waiting for me since I saved my progress on a USB. No NG+ for me :)

Tell me how you feel after trying to solo the bosses in the half health defiled chalice.
Get ready for a lot of OHKs.

Maxwell's black hammer

if you get the refrence

Need to add an extra bang to the lyrics for the perk to proc.

Bang-bang-bang Maxwell's black hammer proc's on Hive major heads....

Oh yeah so mythocast arena episode doe. We doing that this weekend?

I'm down if I'm still invited... and if I ever finish this damn TLord post... trying to keep up with the thread at the same time, holy cow this thing is moving fast now.

I'm going to sit in the DestinyGAF = The Best twitch chat, if anyone wants an invite, let me know your twitch handle.

If you were in there before, the room should still be available

Super old quote but wanted to mention I was happy this chat room still exists for everyone to use during Bungie streams, hopefully it stays there indefinitely.

Looking to do a CE HM run tonight on PS4 around 5:30 PST. Need 3-4 more people

1. Thebigmanjosh
2. Thebigmanjosh(1)

PSN: joshcbrugby

Looking for my weekend warrior raiders to start a fresh raid in about 30 mins, not too worried about which raid or what difficulty (prefer HM VoG or NM CE) with the possibility of multiple runs...

1. deafmedal

Take a shot Private ;P

Deaf, HM CE or VoG I'm in. Send me an invite when you're ready.

1. deafmedal
2. HidingMyThunder

Take a shot Private ;P

Drink!

Also, I'm in...

Yeah, at the recent speeds we're going to hit OT21 much faster than I initially predicted.

As for titles, Fatebringer 24-7-365 is probably my favorite but I feel like we haven't truly tapped our creative potential yet.

WE'RE BACK TO LAUNCH POSTING SPEEDS, BOYS AND GIRLS!

And alotta people are coming back too

1. deafmedal

Take a shot Private ;P

I'm up for HM VoG or NM CE though I've never done a VoG raid before. PSN is TheMostHumanAI

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks guys! Enjoyed that. You dudes are funny :)

I now have 40 or so Ascendant Energy stockpiled in my vault. I'm basically Scrooge McDuck until House of Wolves comes out.

Arrrammis

1. deafmedal

Take a shot Private ;P
I'd be in for VoG, PSN is Arrrammis

Thanks guys! Enjoyed that. You dudes are funny :)

I now have 40 or so Ascendant Energy stockpiled in my vault. I'm basically Scrooge McDuck until House of Wolves comes out.

This brings up the important question...how would it feel like swimming in shards. I imagine energies are marshmallow-like, so jumping in those would be like heaven. Shards though, they're like golf balls. And everyone knows crackballs are filled with crack. I mean, golfballs are filled with crack. You know what I mean.

Basically, ascendant Shards suck.

Destiny |OT21| HoW ToO PoE

lol nice, I already like this better. There's so much to work with between the different activity names, acronyms, etc. Lots of potential.

I've mentioned before several reasons I don't like "Prison of Elders" but mainly because there's so much turnover in the OT posters and especially so many new/returning people. Don't want to sound exclusionary or clique-ish to these people at the same time we're trying to be as encouraging as possible to new people. Of course new players won't even get the title's double meaning, but that's not exactly a point in its favor.

FiraB

Banned

1. deafmedal

Take a shot Private ;P
Up for a run of either, psn Firabud.

deafmedal

Deaf, HM CE or VoG I'm in. Send me an invite when you're ready.

Drink!

Also, I'm in...

I'm up for HM VoG or NM CE though I've never done a VoG raid before. PSN is TheMostHumanAI

I'd be in for VoG, PSN is Arrrammis

Okay! HM VoG to kick off the evening, need one more. I'll be logging on in about 5 mins, will start a party and shoot invites :)

edit: Fira makes 6!

noomi

You know what sucks? Handing in a bunch of bounties to level up a certain weapon only to realize you didn't even have that weapon equipped. Damnit....

I'm getting too scrubby here guys, full focus on destiny from now on.

are we still doing a house of wolves ot for gaming side? that thread needs a title too.

The gaming side doesn't like us, let's stay here where it's safe.

You know what sucks? Handing in a bunch of bounties to level up a certain weapon only to realize you didn't even have that weapon equipped. Damnit....

I'm getting too scrubby here guys, full focus on destiny from now on.

i ran into this all the time with faction items.

M3Rocket

I did notice that, but my postmaster is just full of junk anyway. I am confused...yes. I wish that I could write this code. I'd actually be very happy if I could just export my inventory to a .csv file and use Excel to manipulate it, and then put that back on the cloud.

The icons are kind of cumbersome when you have a wall of icons.

Also, I know we just got a vault update, but I'd LOVE a huge area that I could dump dupes into maybe once a day. That way I could start fresh, but have some backups in case something stupid happens.

I think this is why the TG filtering options are much superior. Click "Set -> Show Duplicate Items" and boom--only duplicate items are listed:
uc

Now "Tier -> Exotic":
uc

To reset filters, just click on the gear dropdown -> Clear Filters.

A lot of us postulated that some of the limitations like vault size, etc. are platform limitations. I doubt we'll see any more increases in vault size as long as Destiny has to be compatible with the PS3/360 platform. On the surface, paging the vault screen would seem trivial. But I noticed non of the tower vendors' screens have this paging element. With the current modifications taking as long as it did and with it, the disabling of the "comparison w/equipped" on the PS3/360, Bungie has probably pushed it as far as it can go.

There's always hope that Destiny 2 will be PS4/XBone only which should free Bungie of previous gen hardware limitations inherent with the current versions.

I'd encourage you to post your enhancement requests on the Tower Ghost "Issues" page on Github. The author of TG is very responsive and is often quick on making changes/improvements: https://github.com/dasilva333/TowerGhostForDestiny/issues

1. deafmedal

Take a shot Private ;P

Getting on it right now. Will be a big chug of vodka tonic though.

I like the one posted a day or two ago:

Destiny |OT 21| Our House in the middle of the Reef.

todd360

I'm down if I'm still invited... and if I ever finish this damn TLord post... trying to keep up with the thread at the same time, holy cow this thing is moving fast now.

Any DGAF member who wants to be on and doesn't have a shit mic is always welcome on the mythocast.

BokehKing

Banned
I just realized once September rolls around and the Xbox community finally gets Dust Palace, we are going to end up getting a nightfall of that

Anyone running VoG hard? I need to try to get fate bringer

B0622-SCEAEtTTg.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom