• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Do you have to give your PSN login credentials to these 3rd party apps? I never looked in to them, but that always seemed like too much of a sticking point.

Deku Tree

Does anyone know if the Nightfall will reset when HoW comes up? Or basically hold off on doing nightfall until HoW is officially released?

I'm guessing NF is gonna be locked on the reset and it'll be the new strike and you'll have to unlock it by doing the new story missions.

Homeboyd

Does the DIM for chrome thing have an app? I really like the new changes.

From the reddit thread:
When is firefox/safari/ios/android/win phone coming?

Now that we’ve rebuilt DIM our next priority is bringing this stable platform to other devices. We already have a working prototype on our phones. We’re still optimizing the user experience so that you’re in your app less, and in the game more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/35aoy6/dim_destiny_item_manager_v300_massive_update/

Deku Tree

Do you have to give your PSN login credentials to these 3rd party apps? I never looked in to them, but that always seemed like too much of a sticking point.

Yes but you type it into the PSN page yourself and it remembers... At least in the TG iOS beta app.

Alright, I'm ready to go.

I googled it.

You're showing your age, rob!

im 33, they were around in the sixties.

also paul mcartney sang the destiny song, so it fits, sort of......

and everybody loves the beatles

then again I just got a new job and thier are people in my training class that have never seen the orginal star wars trilogy

now that makes me feel old

Don't do this to me, fig! I have a gameplan set for ToO!

I will obviously try my best, but I can't promise you anything.
They made the backend that lets people make stuff like this.

When they were in charge of Reach, they made a completely open API where anyone could make an app for Reach. Microsoft shut it down to the public after they took over Reach :(

That's fair. Damn Microsoft. Just imagine if Todd were here.

hydruxo

Does anyone know if the Nightfall will reset when HoW comes up? Or basically hold off on doing nightfall until HoW is officially released?

Not sure, Nightfalls might just be locked to everyone for 5-6 hours until Bungie releases HoW since the new strike will most likely be the NF.

I doubt they'd stick the new strike as the NF for that week @_@ Did that happen with TDB?

Yeah Omnigul was the NF when TDB came out

Not sure, Nightfalls might just be locked to everyone for 5-6 hours until Bungie releases HoW since the new strike will most likely be the NF.

Yeah Omnigul was the NF when TDB came out

Yeah, this whole 'oh we'll activate it laterrrrrrr on' is bugging me. Hopefully it is the new one so we can't do it.

ocean

Banned
I doubt they'd stick the new strike as the NF for that week @_@ Did that happen with TDB?
Didn't happen with TDB because it went live at the same time as reset.

I'm thinking May 19th reset will be later instead of having a reset with everything locked. Just like last Iron Banner - you won't see anything change on the Director until the time it's set to open.

Im hoping we get an etheric light as a reward after finishing the story mission. we can be 33 before the 1st day is done. that would be great. as a matter of fact. we would actully have 1 level 34 or 3 level 33s.

what would you choose?

Cool I'd be down anytime tonight. Except 11pm eastern. I wanna try Splatoon =/

The real Splatoon begins at level 20 when you start equipping armor with light on it

oh, is that out? I didnt know. gonna have to pick that up soon

ocean

Banned
Wow, that's awesome. Too bad TG and DIM can't merge. I like the look, and drag and drop of DIM, and the "missing xp" feature of TG. Neither show the perks, but the attack numbers of TG make it easier to find and pull up that weapon on B.net proper.
The ability to save loadouts is what I find most attractive. Like:

"Atheon: Fatebringer, Black Hammer, Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, Corrective Measure"

Running Atheon 3x I can just select that loadout for each character who will be running. So sweet.

Didn't happen with TDB because it went live at the same time as reset.

I'm thinking May 19th reset will be later instead of having a reset with everything locked. Just like last Iron Banner - you won't see anything change on the Director until the time it's set to open.

yes, omnigul was the Nf the week of TDB release. and it was locked behind story mission completion. as a matter of fact. my warlock, who is at rank 4 eris still has Omni locked because I never bothered finishing the story missions.

M3Rocket

This is revolutionary. Why can't Bungie make something like this?

Yeah, right? My guess is because their web site design involves a lot more sections (including marketing, etc) and the entire change loadouts was never part of the web site design. I'm just glad Bungie included an easily accessible API so that third party developers can design apps like these.

BTW--you should NEVER have to pay for these apps since Bungie specifically prohibits it. Although I think you can donate or buy these independent programmers a beer or two. And they are all open-sourced as well, which means that as these apps gain popularity, the likelihood is that more talented UI/UX, graphic designers, etc. will contribute and make them even better. Well, at least to the limits of the Bungie API.

Is tower ghost called Loadouts for Destiny in the App Store or am I missing something again?

Tower Ghost is a different app. The creator has been trying to get it accepted by the app store but has been unsuccessful so far as far as I know.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...estiny/gdjndlpockopgjbonnfdmkcmkcikjhge?hl=en

Yep, still not on apple devices.

Indeed--Loadouts on IOS is a different app. Tower Ghost has had a heck of a time getting approved on iTunes for a variety of small problems having to do with minutiae that have nothing to do with the utility of the app itself. Click for Tower Ghost Apple Approval Saga.

Meanwhile though, you can either sideload the app if you have a jailbroken iThingi or join the Apple's TestFlight Beta for Tower Ghost. You can sign up for the beta here: http://towerghostfordestiny.com/FlightTest.cfm

Does the DIM for chrome thing have an app? I really like the new changes.

It is easy enough to try both at the same time. You can load them both and just switch between the tabs.

I really love that Lord of Wolves teaser they gave us.

I'm also pretty sure it fires like uh, Aksors gun would fire. Like a fast array of mini explosions. It would explain why it takes up both the Special and Heavy slot-You might need heavy ammo to feed into it for PvP?

It'll be interesting to see what it is exactly.

The ability to save loadouts is what I find most attractive. Like:

"Atheon: Fatebringer, Black Hammer, Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, Corrective Measure"

Running Atheon 3x I can just select that loadout for each character who will be running. So sweet.

I think they both do that very well. TG is in the lead since it can be done via phone app, but it sounds like DIM is right there. I'm still investigating.

mfn_pie

Thank you to everyone that helped sherpa my boy through VOG. Due to the privacy settings of his account, he can't join chat parties. I apologize that it took so long and that at the end I kicked him, his attention span went out the window. He'll be watching some YouTube to get an understanding of what happens in the raid. He did get the boots and Found Verdict. Once again thank you for your help.

I had to go in to work, not sure how long I will be here but when I get home I will be more than willing to help anyone out with anything.

M3Rocket

I think they both do that very well. TG is in the lead since it can be done via phone app, but it sounds like DIM is right there. I'm still investigating.

BTW--another advantage Tower Ghost has is that it will show weapons, ships, shaders, and other items waiting for each character in the tower at the postmaster.

Incidentally, TG evolved from DIV, which was a branch of DIM. Confused yet? :)

todd360

I will obviously try my best, but I can't promise you anything.

That's fair. Damn Microsoft. Just imagine if Todd were here.

You called?

BjtJpTV.gif

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Im kinda confused on upgrading old exotics to 331 now versus waiting until HOW comes out. I have Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn at 300... is it worth upgrading them now that Xur is here? Or is it all going to be for nothing when HoW comes out and I have to upgrade again. Should I wait?

I have Loadouts & Tower Ghost for my iPhone and I prefer Loudouts. Not as pretty looking but more intuitive and simpler to use. Obviously YMMV.

Both are free although TG must be loaded through Test Flight. I recommend downloading both and decide for yourself.

Cheers

ocean

Banned
Im kinda confused on upgrading old exotics to 331 now versus waiting until HOW comes out. I have Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn at 300... is it worth upgrading them now that Xur is here? Or is it all going to be for nothing when HoW comes out and I have to upgrade again. Should I wait?
Wait. If you "upgrade" now it'll raise the attack cap but it'll wipe all your progress on the bubbles and you'll have to re level it and pay all the planetary materials again. It sucks.
When HoW drops you'll only need to ascend to 365 using an Exotic Shard and no progress will be reset :)

If you haven't played in a long time: Exotic Shards are sold by Xur for 7 coins or obtained by dismantling any Exotic item like if you get a duplicate or want to get rid of one you don't like.

BTW--another advantage Tower Ghost has is that it will show weapons, ships, shaders, and other items waiting for each character in the tower at the postmaster.

Incidentally, TG evolved from DIV, which was a branch of DIM. Confused yet? :)

I did notice that, but my postmaster is just full of junk anyway. I am confused...yes. I wish that I could write this code. I'd actually be very happy if I could just export my inventory to a .csv file and use Excel to manipulate it, and then put that back on the cloud.

The icons are kind of cumbersome when you have a wall of icons.

Also, I know we just got a vault update, but I'd LOVE a huge area that I could dump dupes into maybe once a day. That way I could start fresh, but have some backups in case something stupid happens.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Wait. If you "upgrade" now it'll raise the attack cap but it'll wipe all your progress on the bubbles and you'll have to re level it and pay all the planetary materials again. It sucks.
When HoW drops you'll only need to ascend to 365 using an Exotic Shard and no progress will be reset :)

If you haven't played in a long time: Exotic Shards are sold by Xur for 7 coins or obtained by dismantling any Exotic item like if you get a duplicate or want to get rid of one you don't like.

Ahhh good to know, I can wait a few weeks. Yeah I havent played in several months. Thanks!

Obscured

Another week without fatebringer. I can't complain too much because I've received some other stuff I want, but not as much as I want that gun.

I've skipped the last few iron banners, because running that random seems like an excercise in frustration and the armor didn't really do it for me, but I've been having so much fun running shotguns now that I kind of want felwinter's lie.

FyreWulff

I'm finally going to sit down and program the lfg thing for this thread tomorrow. I'll do the automated players list next week.

I only need to know: is anyone in here somehow unable to have the latest version of Firefox or Chrome(/Opera/Safari) or is stuck on an IE below 11 in the same location they'd be playing Destiny from?

So I know the title of the IGN article says that new exotics will drop in both raids, but the quote reads that the level of the exotics will be 365 not that the new weapons will actually drop (Similar to how they buffed VoG to have 331 attack weapons). Or am I just reading to much into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom