• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like it too. I also really like Dust Palace, which for some reason everyone seems to hate.
same, they are my two favorites. I didn't know people still hated Dust Palace after the shotgun buff, it's a blast and quick as hell. Will be nice when they are unlocked for Xbox cousins
You are using Sunbro? Any melee hit give you a frame shield ;)
Remember, this is a selectable perk and not an innate ability (like Force Barrier on Defender)

Ophelion

I like it too. I also really like Dust Palace, which for some reason everyone seems to hate.

I like Dust Palace. Three smaller bosses is an interesting change of pace from the usual one huge lumbering jerk boss at the end of most strikes. The juggling of different elemental shields is a fun deal if you have a fireteam that are coordinating that in advance.

Both are graet, I think people hate them because you can't really cruise through them. I started to really appreciate them over the past week. Especially the Undying Mind level design.

GhaleonEB

i am finding my notions of what is appropriate to discuss in a community thread well and truly muddled.

1) Keep it on topic.
2) Adhere to the ToS
3) I haven't come up with a 3) yet.

We drift topics now and then and that's to be expected and fine. I chimed in the other day because I noted the swings away from Destiny discussion (and onto Bloodborne, in that case) where getting longer and more frequent. The mod team has had some discussions lately about how community threads can tend to drift into chatroom territory when left to their own - a close knit group that chats together about anything a large proportion of the time, rather than keep the threads about the topic at hand. My post was intended to help steer this thread away from that direction.

My suggestion about OT title discussion is just that, a suggestion as me a dude on the forum, not a decree of mod policy. I think it's a little too inward looking to go on about for pages, but that's just my opinion. Sorry for not being clear on that point.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What else can make his health bar red? I know the frame shield does.
everyday math is referring to her internet connection status.
The mod team has had some discussions lately about how community threads can tend to drift into chatroom territory - a close knit group that chats together about anything a large proportion of the time, rather than keep the threads about the topic at hand. My post was intended to help steer this thread away from that direction.
if it's kosher to divulge some of that discussion, why is this frowned upon? Was allowing future threads of a certain activity level to remain on gaming side for longer discussed?
My suggestion about OT title discussion is just that, a suggestion as me a dude on the forum, not a decree of mod policy. I think it's a little too inward looking to go on about for pages, but that's just my opinion. Sorry for not being clear on that point.
I see, haha. don't always know how to distinguish between one kind and the other

Since my return to this game, which was the latest IB, I've had consistently garbage connections. A lack of a good hosts, maybe? I don't think the PVP population is very big TBH.

I don't think it's too large either. The majority of the people that play this game do it for the pve. It seems that pvp was somewhat of an afterthought. Of course they are always adding more pvp content, but pve still feels like the main focus for Bungie.

Also, as a suggestion, let's dial down the thread title discussion. It's fine (and fun!) in small doses but the last 1,000 posts of a thread shouldn't be about it. Let the OP poster pick it and we'll all cope. :p

New OT is already made, ready and waiting.

Sorry to interrupt the serious business of debating the OT21 title, but was lag for Crucible *bananas* this weekend for anyone else?.

Banana lag comes and goes, doesn't seem necessarily based on my connection bar. Sometimes it's green and lag is atrocious, sometimes it's red and relatively fine. There typically seem to be 1-3 players in a match that are practically untouchable and teleporting around like crazy, different people in our team might see completely different things.

I have no idea all the technical details of Destiny's networking, but there can be a ton of wacky stuff in PvE and PvP. Crucible is more consistently frustrating but a lot of that is based on how much tighter the timing windows are relative to PvE. Really annoying to constantly trade with enemies because they can still kill you for several hundred milliseconds after they should have died.

Gun control as in Destiny shooting mechanics? Or gun control as in real life politics? It would be kinda funny to hear someone talk about real gun control as they are performing virtual headshots.

Real life gun control, and yeah we were also laughing about the irony while playing an FPS, lol. It was a good, spirited debate. Apparently gun control is less controversial than OT titles.

I will not tone down my opinion and given the nonsense that goes on around here, most of which is incredibly more vulgar than anything I expressed, I don't appreciate being singled out and pseudo-reprimanded.

I wasn't asking you to tone down your opinion, only your responses to me. It was a sincere request, not intended as a reprimand. Also not intended as holier-than-thou, I fully acknowledged my reaction was based on my own personal sensitivity. I'm not sure what vulgar nonsense you're referencing, but I would say something if it was directed negatively at fellow DGAF'ers. I've had small "run ins" with lots of regulars if I felt something they posted was harsh to other members. I'm not the DGAF-Niceness-Police, just someone who has a probably excessive emotional investment in the community.

I am a cynical, sarcastic, deadpan type of person, as you apparently haven't picked up on.

Like I said, our unfamiliarity was the root of the miscommunication. I never expected you to know how sensitive I am, which is why I tried to explain it in (what I hoped) was pretty non-combative language. I can tell from your escalated response that we don't understand each other well, which is fine. Please PM if there's anything else on your mind, unless you'd prefer to post here of course (although any responses I'd make would be PM'ed at this point).

vctor182

So this OT lasted 24 days, that 833 post per day! I'm taking off next week's Friday to play some ToO. I bet Xur last TDB visit will be No Land Beyond.

Fusion Stick is one hit kill always in PVP... you can use double grenades too... or a lot of them with Radiance.

Solar is good for the crown control.

Unless you try to stick it to a Hunters, something it bounces and dont stick or dont kill the bladedancer in its initial animation but dies if you put the aditional solar damage

rNilla

I wasn't asking you to tone down your opinion, only your responses to me. It was a sincere request, not intended as a reprimand. Also not intended as holier-than-thou, I fully acknowledged my reaction was based on my own personal sensitivity. I'm not sure what vulgar nonsense you're referencing, but I would say something if it was directed negatively at fellow DGAF'ers. I've had small "run ins" with lots of regulars if I felt something they posted was harsh to other members. I'm not the DGAF-Niceness-Police, just someone who has a probably excessive emotional investment in the community.

Again I'm sorry if I hurt or offended you personally as that was not my intention nor was my negativity directed at you personally. No PMs necessary.

EDIT: Also, I meant to say I will keep this in mind going forward and try NOT to ruffle your feathers in any future responses.

spyder_ur

Has this list of best new vendor weapons been discussed? What is everyone eyeing?

I think when TDB came out I was too focused on using my marks for armor, especially because I was a forever-29. I'm going to buy some weapons this time.

Definitely got my eye on Deadshot Luna (New Monarchy) and Vanguard's 55A- ALLFATE and One/One Synesthete. Crucible hand cannon looks nice too. It'll be interesting to think about this stuff now that we can reroll these weapons. I want Red Hand also, but I feel like ascending some of my staple hand cannons (Hawkmoon, FB) will be a priority.

spyder_ur

I mean, lots of Undying Mind's Descendant/Precursor enemies that don't give glimmer can be skipped. :)

I mean it doesn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, but for some reason it drives me crazy that only that strike doesn't give glimmer.

I mean, lots of Undying Mind's Descendant/Precursor enemies that don't give glimmer can be skipped. :)

But that's t thing, I like doing the whole strikes without skipping parts. I find it a lot more annoying leaving and having to watch loading screens to get another strike than just powering through. I guess I'm just weird that way.

phen0m24

EDIT: Also, I meant to say I will keep this in mind going forward and try NOT to ruffle your feathers in any future responses.

Dude what are you talking about? That's Dr Drizzy :p
not Hawkian
hahaha

I can't help myself
come on you know my PSN name

Come on DGAF GROUP HUG

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I mean it doesn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, but for some reason it drives me crazy that only that strike doesn't give glimmer.
That strike gives more glimmer than any other. Only the enemies on middle section (most of which can be skipped) don't.
But that's t thing, I like doing the whole strikes without skipping parts. I find it a lot more annoying leaving and having to watch loading screens to get another strike than just powering through. I guess I'm just weird that way.
I like whatever, chaining supers and killing every living thing there is fun too. Just wish those gave glimmer

rNilla

Come on DGAF GROUP HUG

Don't touch me!

e21bba687c5dac60e3f487dbe4c8c22f.png

stb

Banana lag comes and goes, doesn't seem necessarily based on my connection bar. Sometimes it's green and lag is atrocious, sometimes it's red and relatively fine. There typically seem to be 1-3 players in a match that are practically untouchable and teleporting around like crazy, different people in our team might see completely different things.

I have no idea all the technical details of Destiny's networking, but there can be a ton of wacky stuff in PvE and PvP. Crucible is more consistently frustrating but a lot of that is based on how much tighter the timing windows are relative to PvE. Really annoying to constantly trade with enemies because they can still kill you for several hundred milliseconds after they should have died.

Yeah, I've seen bad lag in Crucible despite green bars all around, but this weekend (Friday/Saturday) was weird. Green bars in orbit and matchmaking, then yellow/red for almost everyone as soon as the match started. It didn't SEEM super laggy; a few instances of random guys teleporting around or running in place.

I was more asking if this was a widespread issue other people experienced this weekend, because I hadn't seen this particular behavior in Crucible before.

That strike gives more glimmer than any other. Only the enemies on middle section (most of which can be skipped) don't.

I like whatever, chaining supers and killing every living thing there is fun too. Just wish those gave glimmer

how do you skip the middle section. I dont even know what the triggers are for the next section. I just kill things until the game says I can move on. I really dont understand the pacing of the strike. granted I dont run it that often if I can help it.

This just confirms that Nightfall will be one of the new strikes.

Hopefully it isn't locked like Will of Crota was till you beat the story missions.

oh, it will be

More glimmer than Ommigul? I haven't paid too close attention, but Omnigul just has soooo many adds, the glimmer just piles up.

spyder_ur

Really? OK, well I feel dumb. Either way it drives me crazy that the ones on the stairs don't and I assume it was intended that way for some dumb reason.

ocean

Banned
This just confirms that Nightfall will be one of the new strikes.

Hopefully it isn't locked like Will of Crota was till you beat the story missions.
Somehow doubt they'll let us jump right in. I'm guessing it'll be a similar quest line to be completed before we can NF. I don't really mind tbh except they force us to unlock per character. I still can't run Will of Crota on my Hunter unless I join a team.

It should be like second subclass: unlock on one character = unlocked an all the rest.

Again I'm sorry if I hurt or offended you personally as that was not my intention nor was my negativity directed at you personally. No PMs necessary.

Thanks dude, much appreciated! As always, I <3 DGAF.

Come on DGAF GROUP HUG

In the spirit of good vibrations, here's something we can all support: Phaethon getting pwned by supers.

Golden Gunned up close:

Bladedanced in the butt:

Titan Smash turns him jelly:

LTWood12

It'll be the Shadow Thief. You'll have to at the very least play all the story missions to unlock it. And for some reason, I have a feeling it will be solar burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom