• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

This is so true. Those two changes turned it from one of my least liked boss fights to one of my favorites. The lack of one-hit kill AoE attack from the Flayers has a lot to do with it as well. It's a short, intense boss fight, which is how I think they should all be.

The shotgun buff is one of the absolute best things Bungie has done to the PvE game, IMO. It's totally changed up how I play about half the time.

Yup. Shotgun change is right up there with the PR buffs for me. It also really made the Omnigul strike a lot of fun; I'm very often just unloading an entire clip of Found Verdict into Omnigul's grill when it comes up in the ROC playlist.

We need a Hunter to complete us. I got the fists, you got the magic, we need the knives.

Which of you two main a hunter?

Gutz was technically the first uh, to post interest. Cthulu second, ocean 3rd....

I'LL LEAVE IT UP TO YOU NAMI. I know you'll make the right choice. And I can bring any class to the game.
I want a void Hunter dammit

Solar Titan pl0x. I bet his super will be he jumps up to the sky, grabs the sun, and throws it down.

Trakan

I haven't played much in the past few months. Other than the past few days, I haven't played at all since the shotgun buff. What shotguns are best in PVE? Is it just Felwinter's Lie? What's the best roll for it in PVE and PVP?

I haven't played much in the past few months. Other than the past few days, I haven't played at all since the shotgun buff. What shotguns are best in PVE? Is it just Felwinter's Lie? What's the best roll for it in PVE and PVP?

Felwinters Lie is the preferred *pvp* shotgun. Why? I don't know. But any shotgun is viable in PvE.

spyder_ur

A ton of shotguns are great now, though I do think Felwinter's is probably top tier. If you get something with shot package that's what you're looking for. Found Verdict is awesome like ever, and even formerly mediocre guns like 4th Horseman, Invective, and Swordbreaker are now viable PVE guns. I'm spending more PvE time with a shotgun equipped than a Sniper now. Scout and Shotgun, mostly.

Anything with Shot Package is pretty damn good.

Also, if you haven't tried 4th Horseman in awhile you may want to check it out. It absolutely rekts in PvE.

IHaveIce

Banned
So Sunbomb Slam dunking Titan

Bladesinger Hunter

My suggestion for Warlock with Arc, like the Lightning grenade erupt lighting over time from yourself and damage other players.

Or be able to do force lighting like in star wars which gives DoT to enemies.,

GutZ31

I haven't played much in the past few months. I haven't played at all since the shotgun buff. What shotguns are best in PVE? Is it just Felwinter's Lie? What's the best roll for it in PVE and PVP?

Every shotgun is useful in PvE now. Range finder on shotguns is extremely desirable for the obvious benefits of shooting stuff farther than a few feet.

Same with PVP. Find something with fairly good range, and if you are one to panic easily, an auto mode is useful, such as the found verdict from VoG.

I was about to post a gif response to Breezy's post but we have our third!

Awesome so Team Breezing through Gutz and Glory is-
Namikaze
BreezyLimbo
Gutz

I'LL SEE YOU TUESDAY

10AM PST(or around there.)

Our itinerary will be-
Story Missions
Possibly Nightfall for chance of new exotics
PoE 32
PoE 34
And if we rack up enough etheric lights...PoE 35.

Arrrammis

People consider felwinter's lie as the best just because you can reroll it. The best rolls that you could get are hammer forged and rangefinder/shot package (these take up the same slot, so you can't have both). I got a felwinters with rangefinder, hammer forged, and return to sender(gives me back ammo on a kill, price about 75 percent of the time), so I pretty much run around with near infinite ammo.

Namikaze1

solar Titan or get out
I'm imagining what a solar super for a Titan would be like. Titan jumps up, raises hands, a giant fiery ball of light forms overhead, Titan throws at the ground, there's a cluster explosion effect similar to Dragon's breath, and it has a bigger AoE than FoP.

I've been watching DBZ a lot lately.

Ophelion

So Sunbomb Slam dunking Titan

Bladesinger Hunter

My suggestion for Warlock with Arc, like the Lightning grenade erupt lighting over time from yourself and damage other players.

Or be able to do force lighting like in star wars which gives DoT to enemies.,

C'mon now. Gotta be like the Chain Lightning spell. Warlock fires a bolt that travels in a straight line till it hits a wall. Anyone struck by the bolt causes arc damage to leap off them to nearby enemies.

rNilla

I'm imagining what a solar super for a Titan would be like. Titan jumps up, raises hands, a giant fiery ball of light forms overhead, Titan throws at the ground, there's a cluster explosion effect similar to Dragon's breath, and it has a bigger AoE than FoP.

Solar Titan should just catch on fire, kind of like Radiance, and then anyone she touches dies. No slams, bubbles, projectiles, charges, or AoE.

M3Rocket

This is so true. Those two changes turned it from one of my least liked boss fights to one of my favorites. The lack of one-hit kill AoE attack from the Flayers has a lot to do with it as well. It's a short, intense boss fight, which is how I think they should all be.

The shotgun buff is one of the absolute best things Bungie has done to the PvE game, IMO. It's totally changed up how I play about half the time.

Hear, hear! Shotguns in PvE were simply crap before the buff. That Bungie had to buff it by 100% to make it viable and fun, well--needs no elaboration. Now about that Felwinter's Lie in PvP...

I find myself not ever using Fusion Rifles (other than Vex) in anything anymore. Whereas they used to share that Special Weapon slot with Sniper Rifles before the shotgun buff.

I feel bad for Titans...
DestructoDisc.gif

Warlock Arc will be like Enel... a lighting God.
My gonna lie. That would be amazing.

Wallach

I'm personally expecting some kind of buff-state effect, as Titans are the only class without a "mode" style super.

If you look the Titan in the eyes while the super is active, you will burst into flames. If the Titan looks at you, you will burst into flames. If you come too close to the Titan, you will burst into flames. If you burst into flames due to any of the above conditions, you will burst into flames a second time.

Deku Tree

I had to scrubbiest PvP session with randoms just before... I don't know if I have a horrible connection or its just me and I stink but I kept feeling like I was getting wrecked due to lag and even if I got the jump on my foe and tagged them enough they were still able to move in on me and take me down.

PvP is less fun when I notice how much lag is a factor in each encounter.

Are there any good destiny PvP learning videos out there?

spyder_ur

Hear, hear! Shotguns in PvE were simply crap before the buff. That Bungie had to buff it by 100% to make it viable and fun, well--needs no elaboration. Now about that Fellwinter's Lie in PvP...

I find myself not ever using Fusion Rifles (other than Vex) in anything anymore. Whereas they use to share that Special Weapon slot with Sniper Rifles before the shotgun buff.

I haven't used a fusion rifle in forever. I was never a big user but I used to play around with them when I didn't want to equip a sniper. I see way way less of them in crucible, too, thank god.

The CE shotgun is awesome. The Secret Handshake from the vanguard vendor is also one of the best. The vendor perks are great.

Arc Warlock super should be Warlock explodes into lightning AoE but as a result the Warlock dies. Call it Arc Gift.

I actually liked those supers from that fake leak about 3rd classes from way before Dark Below.

I think they would be pretty cool, and would love to see something come from it.

When I saw that sticky mine go off in the PoE stream, I instantly thought of that fake Hunter super.

Deku Tree

Felwinter's has the highest impact and crazy range. It is an easy one shot in PvP but it has slow fire rate so you only have one chance with it. It is the most popular PvP shotgun right now, and it needs a nerf.

You want any shotgun with good range really. Any of the range increasing perks are fantastic too. Judgement, Secret Handshake, Felwinters, etc.

Are there any good destiny PvP learning videos out there?

if anyone wants to post gameplay, i'll critique it and tell you what you can improve on.

knowing where to be and how to move is as much a part of the game as what you use and how you aim. it's something you have to be conscious of even when it becomes second nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom