• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Variks' gear is supposed to be on a set rotation instead of randomly selected so that he goes through the entire pool once before starting over.

Really? Awesome. Though I do think we're going to see them sell the POE chest and ToO gauntlets this week to halt progression a little.

Wallach

Just someone wearing a ToO warlock chest piece and it's beautiful. Made me sad :(

I love the look of the Titan ToO stuff, but the chest being full STR is pretty wack. I kinda wish you could reforge some armor like you can guns; it's nice being able to upgrade legendary gear but it seems like it'll take a ton more farming to get a look you actually like to have the stats you need.

Dunk#7

Anybody up for level 34 PoE?

Still need it on one character. Funny enough it is my 34 Titan that I just took through level 35.

1. Dunk7

I love the look of the Titan ToO stuff, but the chest being full STR is pretty wack. I kinda wish you could reforge some armor like you can guns; it's nice being able to upgrade legendary gear but it seems like it'll take a ton more farming to get a look you actually like to have the stats you need.

That's true but at least it's a step in the right direction cause now we have a lot more options

Trakan

I laughed.

What's funny? You act as if they haven't done that in the past. Also Bungie really likes to keep the helmets rare. They're mostly locked behind hard raids and they just barely sold the IB helmets. Once. On top of that, IB gear was always under the level cap.

forrest

formerly nacire
Can anyone explain what happened to my Trials card today. Playing for my first time in ToO, I had two loses and 7 wins. Bought the buff to negate a loss. When I lost the next match, the loss didn't count on my card, but my card became completed anyway and I was unable to rejoin trials until I turned it in.

Anybody up for level 34 PoE?

Still need it on one character. Funny enough it is my 34 Titan that I just took through level 35.

1. Dunk7
if i can't find anyone for a 32 PoE, and you've not found anyone in about 50 minutes, i'd like to join - it's my first though.
I can bring either a titan or a hunter.

I wish mercury would stay on the map, but sadly if I want to keep it there is have to work for it. It had been a long time since I have player a shooter competitively and that will continue.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can anyone explain what happened to my Trials card today. Playing for my first time in ToO, I had two loses and 7 wins. Bought the buff to negate a loss. When I lost the next match, the loss didn't count on my card, but my card became completed anyway and I was unable to rejoin trials until I turned it in.
that's how my first card ever went. You need to get the mercy buff before starting or after just 1 win to have it save you from completing. sucks. I doubt it's intended but that's how it works for now at least.

spyder_ur

I'm not totally sure, but I think you are better off buying all the buffs you will use before you start your passage. I've seen/heard some quirky things around buying them once you have started.

7 wins is pretty nice.

boofa

Neo Member
Trials was super fun. I think I like it more than PoE. Just sad my team could never pull off 9-0. Got 8-0 once (our only 8 win card) but then lost 2. At least I got the chest on all characters and the helm on my wedlock from the 8 win package.

Why do I get thrown into games like these so much? Doesn't normal crucible use skill based matchmaking ? lol

We were actually winning this one, and had 2 points at 19000, yet no one did shit and instead we ended up being triple capped and lost. We got triple capped about 2-3 times in the match in total.

lol skilled based MM. Welcome to the suck.

1ut5G8T.png

Atone13

Ok I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm a level 28 hunter. A few questions:

Are any of the expansions good? What are the differences between the two if any?

How do I make my level higher, faster? What's the best way?

I have 3 Queens Orders or whatever (bottom left in inventory screen). What exactly do I do with that?

How do I get exotic shards?

Thanks for all the help.

Best bet is to start running lvl 28 strikes, earn some drops and vanguard marks for vendor gear. crucible marks as well as all vendor gear now has 36 light on it. If you have the xpacs do the story quests for this latest one, then the lvl 28 Prison of Elders final story mission for some goodies. Might take a little work, but picking up high lvl light gear is pretty easy to get you caught up to the new stuff.

Took advantage of that Toys 'R Us deal and finally bought a copy for Xbox One at $20. I should already have all the DLC because I redeemed the season pass on 360.

Ken

What's funny? You act as if they haven't done that in the past. Also Bungie really likes to keep the helmets rare. They're mostly locked behind hard raids and they just barely sold the IB helmets. Once. On top of that, IB gear was always under the level cap.

The only gear progression there is is getting stuff to 42 light and with etheric light leaking everywhere I'd imagine most people are or will be done leveling to 34. Anything after that is chasing for optimization.

Anybody on XB1 want to help a ToO noob get the mid-tier rewards before reset? I don't have a mic, but I'm a decent crucible player (1.50+ kd, 125+ combat rating). I just want to get the armor and etheric light, if possible. Playing on my 33 titan, and yes I have thorn. Invite me if you want to help me out. gt- stringerbell777

I wish mercury would stay on the map, but sadly if I want to keep it there is have to work for it. It had been a long time since I have player a shooter competitively and that will continue.

I ran around today taking a bunch of screencaps since I know return trips will be rare. Can't always expect some top players to get me there.

Arrrammis

Hoping to get one last PoE lvl. 32 in before the reset, anyone want to run in about half an hour? Lvl. 34 hunter with 365 gjallarhorn, so it shouldn't be too long.
PSN: Arrrammis

patchday

Ok I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm a level 28 hunter. A few questions:

Are any of the expansions good? What are the differences between the two if any?

How do I make my level higher, faster? What's the best way?

I have 3 Queens Orders or whatever (bottom left in inventory screen). What exactly do I do with that?

How do I get exotic shards?

Thanks for all the help.

1st step buy new expansion. I wouldn't worry about The Dark Below at all. You buy exotic shards from xur with 7 strange coins that you earn from weekly heroics. Or they can be earned by breaking down unwanted duplicate exotics, etc

Magik

A huge thank you to ms and Mamoui for helping me get 9 wins in a row!

Fun fact, when I was 8-0 we got matched with tripleWreck. We promptly left of course. :D

Didn't get to Mercury today (or 5 wins for that matter) but I did manage to knock out the Triple Play trophy! Now I only have to level up a titan subclass and finish that Salvage trophy and I'll be a Guardian Lord 4 Lyfe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom