• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I'm not as good of a PvP player as I once was in the Halo 2 days, ToO has brought that kind of PvP excitement to me again. It's not fun getting wrecked by a solid team of 3 but everything else is pretty dang fun. Sniping is crucial and I will get Her Benevolence one of these days

Ranked matchmaking would really help things out.

Ji66a-Man

2 warlocks!

Man, what happened to your class balance? Who are you and what have you done with Ji66a man?

That's what me and ZW have left to run on 35. I have to take whatever I can get at this point.

PS: This is not the real Ji66a Man. He died from exhaustion playing this on 2 consoles.

Ranked matchmaking would really help things out.

So much this^^^^ I can go in skirmish and do well enough to carry a team of rando's but no such luck thus far in ToO even with gaf. I do get that the elimination aspect changes the game but it seems like alot of ppl become really tentative in ToO.

Would like to give it one more try b4 bed if anyone is up for it.

lt519

I'm very torn on HoW.

My worst fears came true and all the best loot is in PvP. The story missions were better and the strike was fun. PoE is repetitive and boring, the loot is awful and the drop rate for elemental primaries is a mystery.

Progression has been made so easy there is no satisfaction to it. Most new gear is outshined by OG Destiny gear once ascended.

Ugh. I don't know. Comet better be good.

Couldn't agree with this post more, but I can see myself really getting into ToO every weekend. It didn't get boring after playing all weekend, every match felt varied and different, and a new map every week is going to bring a whole new level of strategy. The tense one life mechanic makes teamwork imperative, it exceeds the raids in the need for excellent communication. I wasn't a PvP but already found myself significantly better after this weekend. Trial by fire.

Best loot is in pvp, yes. But that loot is also FOR pvp. Most ToO weapons have pvp perks. If you don't pvp, then that loot is irrelevant for you.

That said, the pve is super disappointing. It's always the same with Bungie, one step back and one step forward.

At least the progression changes and weapons re rolling will keep players interested.

The funny thing is that Hezens Vengeance is far superior to the PoE rocket launcher.

Finally, vengeance is mine.

That's what me and ZW have left to run on 35. I have to take whatever I can get at this point.

PS: This is not the real Ji66a Man. He died from exhaustion playing this on 2 consoles.

You can play with another class then switch back to warlock once you reach Skolas.

Would help you but I'm at work for another couple of hours.

Check with Drizzay, he still had one 35 to run. Funnily enough, on his warlock :p

The funny thing is that Hezens Vengeance is far superior to the PoE rocket launcher.

Finally, vengeance is mine.

PoE RL can be re-rolled to get the same or better stats than hezen. Your vengeance was in vain.

Ken

Man, Crucible is tossing me so many legendaries.

Got 3 Spare Change .25s (yuck), One/One, Nudge, Revelator, 2 Ill Wills, NL Shadow, and Matador. Hopefully it tosses me a decent heavy though.

Man, Crucible is tossing me so many legendaries.

Got 3 Spare Change .25s (yuck), One/One, Nudge, Revelator, 2 Ill Wills, NL Shadow, and Matador. Hopefully it tosses me a decent heavy though.

Get the All Fate. It's absurdly good if you can get Headseeker and some good perks on it.

Edit: Read the post wrong. XD

Looking for a Trials group. :(

Frostburn

Didn't even get to do a single 35 PoE to completion. Got up to Skolas on my Warlock with 2 other Warlocks and had to run after a few hours of playing. Don't have a Ghorn so most people don't think I can even contribute which sucks since it's not my fault I lack the weapon.

Hopefully this coming week some more people will be willing to give Skolas a shot with me, I don't even feel it's that hard, just time consuming when people aren't playing their best or working as a team.

Couldn't agree with this post more, but I can see myself really getting into ToO every weekend. It didn't get boring after playing all weekend, every match felt varied and different, and a new map every week is going to bring a whole new level of strategy. The tense one life mechanic makes teamwork imperative, it exceeds the raids in the need for excellent communication. I wasn't a PvP but already found myself significantly better after this weekend. Trial by fire.

I feel like I was finally getting the grip of the map and strategies by the time ToO was over. Learning a new map is going to set me back again as I get Tyrannosaurus Reckt

OkayRene

I just spent all weekend giving in and leveling up a second character, just to extend my chances at another Jigglyhorn, but it was all for nothing...#foreverhornless

Ji66a-Man

You can play with another class then switch back to warlock once you reach Skolas.

Would help you but I'm at work for another couple of hours.

Check with Drizzay, he still had one 35 to run. Funnily enough, on his warlock :p

Just switched to my hunter, then I'll switch back on Round 4. One of ZW33's friends filled in the last spot.

Rainmaker

Banned
Running late on things. If anyone wants to help me with the nightfall it'd be VERY much appreciated. I can't use my mic right now though. I need two people.

PSN: The_Sacred

Blunoise

This would be my last chance to try and get to Mercury, I would like some good teammates to help there please wit 9-0. Psn is blunoise1 thanks again!

Ken

Get the All Fate. It's absurdly good if you can get Headseeker and some good perks on it.

Edit: Read the post wrong. XD

Looking for a Trials group. :(

Huh, I got one of those from the great pre-HoW salvage raid. What else is a good perk?

Oops I can't find it. Guess I dismantled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom