• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

I'm very torn on HoW.

My worst fears came true and all the best loot is in PvP. The story missions were better and the strike was fun. PoE is repetitive and boring, the loot is awful and the drop rate for elemental primaries is a mystery.

Progression has been made so easy there is no satisfaction to it. Most new gear is outshined by OG Destiny gear once ascended.

Ugh. I don't know. Comet better be good.

I don't know man, HoW and the game in general is at its best right now. Way better than it was during the time you put in all those hours. I have a good feeling about comet.

Tawpgun

Gonna have to send Brother Vance some emails about Felwinters http://i.imgur.com/ZXjlJUP.gifv

Still amazes me how absurd the range is on that thing, should be a goddamn exotic or something.

I kinda wish there was a curated "bare bones" mode in Crucible in which they either force people into the same weapons or just have some banned. And some perks/abilities banned as well. Would enjoy Trials more if it was like this. Iron Banner can be the crazy everything goes playlist

So the RAM seems great.

>Upon further investigation within the crucible, I was also able to calculate a farily accurate sum of the amount of HP you have:

>Lowest Armor - No Ram - 190 HP
>Highest Armor - No Ram - 200 HP
>Lowest Armor - Ram - 215 HP
>Highest Armor - Ram - 225 HP
>From this crazy amount of health rise, here are some of the unique things you can survive from in PVP:

>Two shot to the head by a Thorn.
>Two burst to the head by a Red Death.
>Shoulder Charge.
>Flux Grenades.
>Razor's Edge.
>Now, as I was fascinated by how much this perk did, I decided to see what would happen if I were to combine it with Radiance. >Here are my results:

>Lowest Armor - No ram - No Radiant Skin - 38 (shots to kill) - (380 HP)
>Highest Armor - No Ram - No Radiant Skin - 40 (shots to kill) - (400 HP)
>Lowest Armor - Ram - No Radiant Skin - 44 (shots to kill) - (440 HP)
>Highest Armor - No Ram - Radiant Skin - 45 (shots to kill) - (450 HP)
>Highest Armor - Ram - No Radiant Skin - 45 (shots to kill) - (450 HP)
>Highest Armor - Ram - Radiant Skin - 50 (shots to kill) - (500 HP)
>Highest Armor - Ram - Radiant Skin - Flame Shield - 65 (shots to kill) - (650 HP)
>From that we can conclude:

>Radiance = 200% armor in total.
>Radiance + Highest Armor = 210.5% armor in total.
>Radiance + The Ram = 231.6% armor in total.
>Radiance + Highest Armor + Radiant skin = 236.8% armor in total.
>Radiance + Highest Armor + The Ram = 236.8% armor in total.
>Radiance + Highest Armor + Radiant skin + The Ram = 263.2% armor in total.
>Radiance + Highest Armor + Radiant Skin + The Ram + Flame Shield = 342.1% armor in total.
>This just adds to the crazy intensity of The Ram's armor, seeing it stack with Radiant Skin with an amazing 263.2% health in >total and a maximum of 342.1% if you hit someone with Flame Shield!

Finally got around to deleting two of my characters. I settled on keeping the hunter cause it's fun in PvP and it really hit me how underwhelming the new weapons are since I had to make space in the vault.

So many new weapons dismantled. None of the new stuff compares to any of the VoG weapons, and hell not even the CE weapons. I pretty much dismantled all the new weapons I had outside of the ones I got from ToO, the Vestian Dynasty and Amplified Geo-D6 (love this sniper).

LTWood12

Well, hit major wife enrage tonight gaf. Feel bad because I've honestly been spending too much time w/ our favorite pastime.

Need to do better as a hubby this week, so I may not be around much the next few days. She actually has something out tomorrow night, so I will at least be around for reset stuff in the evening.

Mindlog

Quick GAF run to five again turns into success after a bumpy start.

These things did not happen.
1.) I did not die to an auto rifle.
2.) Two of us did not use our Havoc Strike supers to close out our cards and completely miss.

I want to make it very clear that neither of those things happened.

9-1 (11-1?) run on my Titan. Just missed the lighthouse by that much.
Fun games.

Well, hit major wife enrage tonight gaf. Feel bad because I've honestly been spending too much time w/ our favorite pastime.

Need to do better as a hubby this week, so I may not be around much the next few days. She actually has something out tomorrow night, so I will at least be around for reset stuff in the evening.

Don't forget your legs Lieutenant Dan.

gatti-man

I am REALLY liking this DLC. It's like they did everything right that they have been fucking up since day 1. The choose your gear option is so great. I haven't done ToO yet as I'm not crazy about the gear look there. Got my primary up to level 34 and maxed out my fatebringer. It's like Bungie is allowing me to have fun again. Plus being able to rock all your classic raid gear with new gear is so so fun.

HighOnPCP

wow so after grinding for some hours I got the flawless thanks to some buddies and on the last game I got the cool ass shader too...got the pulse rifle from lighthouse chest though -.-
it's all good, mercury was visited and I am tired as shit peace

recks

wow so after grinding for some hours I got the flawless thanks to some buddies and on the last game I got the cool ass shader too...got the pulse rifle from lighthouse chest though -.-
It's destiny man ;(

Sofa King

Best loot is in pvp, yes. But that loot is also FOR pvp. Most ToO weapons have pvp perks. If you don't pvp, then that loot is irrelevant for you.

That said, the pve is super disappointing. It's always the same with Bungie, one step back and one step forward.

At least the progression changes and weapons re rolling will keep players interested.

Don't really get this. If you are great at pvp, then here are weapons that will give you pvp advantages? Seems backwards to me. Kinda like COD with the rewarding teams that are tearing it up with missiles raining from the sky.

Ken

I thought pulse rifles were strong?

Don't really get this. If you are great at pvp, then here are weapons that will give you pvp advantages? Seems backwards to me. Kinda like COD with the rewarding teams that are tearing it up with missiles raining from the sky.

Well, burns don't have any effect in PvP AFAIK so you're getting un-reforgeable stuff with what Bungie thinks are PvP perks, that you could probably roll for on other weapons.

Idk though; the whole situation is weird with PVE players thinking they need the Adept weapons to fill out niches and then suddenly carry train begging everywhere to get the gear and never come back to Crucible till the next time they can loot the Lighthouse (by train again of course).

Anastasis

Oracles/Templar run, need 2 more. Starting soon! (Gonna snag the CP from ruthless soon)

1. Vernonhillz
2. Jtar
3. Ken
4. Tori

hydruxo

Awesome ToO run with Mindlog & Rayuma. Got the chest pieces for my 3 characters so I'm happy.

Quick GAF run to five again turns into success after a bumpy start.

These things did not happen.
1.) I did not die to an auto rifle.
2.) Two of us did not use our Havoc Strike supers to close out our cards and completely miss.

I want to make it very clear that neither of those things happened.

9-1 (11-1?) run on my Titan. Just missed the lighthouse by that much.
Fun games.

Haha the salty message Ray got about using final round after we won was another highlight. Fun games indeed!

Played ToO, and went up against a team who gave up half way and gave us a win. Told him I wanted a fun match, not that shit. He mocked me for not having an emblem and I was like my Adept pulse rifle doesn't speak for itself?

SeanR1221

It took us long but that VoG hard mode run was funny.

Props to Bonnie Tyler and Babe: Pig in the City.

I finally got a vision of confluence. Maybe it will finally replace my Badger CCL with firefly. We'll see.

Omni

After a few attempts, one of which ended with me lagging out on my final game, I finally get there. Woooo

wpSarb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom