• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkypie

Banned
After about 90 minutes of trying I beat the lvl 34 boss. So fucking hard with that prison. Took awhile to figure out there was a special add to kill to get a buff to kill said prison. In between the 60 second prison spam we would shoot Gally.

Hawkian, you still running newbie raid? I signed earlier today but I am no newbie to raid BUT I need practice running sword. I will be bringing my 34 Hunter.

The Skolas health system mathematically requires a burn or else the encounter would last waaaaaay longer than it should. The entire encounter is designed with a burn applied.

Yep.

People complain about sponge bosses, Skolas is the biggest sponge of them all. I wouldn't be surprised if each week is simply a rotating burn(The Fallen provide chances for all of the damage outputs-Servitors/Void, Fallen/Arc, Captains and Skolas/Solar.)

That's how it's going to be. If it's not.....enjoy spongebob 3.0

fig got spotted by a gorgon
it wasnt me
she was fallin on the puzzle
it wasnt me
she even died in the portal
it wasnt me
and then she choked the relic bubble!
hmm it wasnt me

Haines

Banned
Is it worth running 28 for key chance and rep?

Im 33 but was thinking hitting a couple 28 might be fun

Anyone else want to do a few?

ps4 HainesGTO

So how do people think Bungie will patch the PoE easy strats?

Skolas can't be damaged below 50% until you diffuse the first set of mines?

Skolas can't be damaged below 25% until you diffuse the first set of mines?
Here's how I fix it, and the other bosses as well: Lower boss health drastically. Make the boss invulnerable until an objective is completed, i.e. mines cleared, boss is vulnerable for 30 seconds, or in the case of Skolas, the immune buff allows a player to damage him. Basically, do it like Atheon.

Lnkn52

Hi. My name is Phaethon, and I knocked out the 50 assists bounty in 5 secs while playing with Unstable...

http://share.gifyoutube.com/ywMw9Z.webm
MVP

giphy.gif

Chomposaur

Neo Member
Hello I was wondering I could have some reassurance that my exotic elder sipher is not bugged here's the problem

I obtained the sipher on Wednesday night and have followed the steps for the bounty. First by opening the chest and getting the coin and returning. Now I'm up to the part where you have to wait for variks to decode the sipher.

The reef icon has a ! Mark in a blue circle and once I click on the icon and go to the reef page I see a green diamond on the vestian outpost. So it means I have something to get in the reef right?

Once I go in there nobody has anything for me, I have spoken to all the vendors and nothing happens. I have restarted the game several times and gone to orbit several times and the same thing still happens.

What I want to know is did anybody else have this problem when waiting for the sipher to be decoded. Thanks. (Sorry for the text wall :-( I'm really frustrated/disappointed)

Hello I was wondering I could have some reassurance that my exotic elder sipher is not bugged here's the problem

I obtained the sipher on Wednesday night and have followed the steps for the bounty. First by opening the chest and getting the coin and returning. Now I'm up to the part where you have to wait for variks to decode the sipher.

The reef icon has a ! Mark in a blue circle and once I click on the icon and go to the reef page I see a green diamond on the vestian outpost. So it means I have something to get in the reef right?

Once I go in there nobody has anything for me, I have spoken to all the vendors and nothing happens. I have restarted the game several times and gone to orbit several times and the same thing still happens.

What I want to know is did anybody else have this problem when waiting for the sipher to be decoded. Thanks. (Sorry for the text wall :-( I'm really frustrated/disappointed)

I'm guessing since there's no 'Banner' to tell you the cipher is ready, you'll always have that green ! until it's done. And if you got it yesterday, it could take anything from 24 to 72 hours to be unlocked. Although some people are reporting that it might be actually tied to in game time of that character spent playing.

Basically it's a toss up.
Pretty sure Treasure Keys are no longer in the game.

I got one earlier today from the small chest after skolas though :(

Vire

Can I only use one treasure key a week? I just got stupid lucky with one of the patrol chests.

Two keys in one run hah.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh god it's almost new bee time already!
Can I only use one treasure key a week? I just got stupid lucky with one of the patrol chests.

Two keys in one run hah.
Nope, one per run through the Prison, but as many times per week as your lil self desires.

Vire

oh god it's almost new bee time already!

Nope, one per run through the Prison, but as many times per week as your lil self desires.

Oh snap! Thanks.

One other question, does it matter which PoE I use the key in? Like is there a higher chance for better loot on the level 34 ones and so on?

Side note I just read through the Bungie Weekly Update... wow, I remember when I used to really look forward to these things. They desperately need a new community manager. Frankie the GOAT, Luke and urk were all so much better at it. We used to get the best teases!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom