• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtCobra

Huh, didn't know that Reef also has a ball.
Yeah I feel bad for that servitor so I always leave it alone haha
According to planet destiny HH does not increase the size of the hit box for snipers. It might slow down the reticule when you are doing a sweeping across the screen shot more than if you didn't have it. But it also might not. The difference if there is one is so small that it's very hard to measure.

They do these types of tests in the video below.

http://planetdestiny.com/hidden-hand-analysis/
Yeah I've seen that video that's why I'm questioning it, I really wanna get into sniping.

No stats but personal experience, I snipe a LOT and I have two snipers one with hidden hand and one without and I feel the difference. Feel it enough to pick a low impact sniper like LGH over a medium LDR level impact sniper like Longbow.
Hmm thanks, I'll look into that, which automatically means I'll have to reroll my snipers some more pfff
Perfect Party Crasher roll? Only one was needed. Perfect Radegast Fury roll? Done in less than 5 rolls. Perfect sniper roll? 400+ motes and counting.

ocean

Banned
Actually he uses Ambush because he hates the way Shortgaze looks aesthetically :p
It sounds silly but having sights you like is a huge part of how a gun feels. I love Hawkmoon and can't stand Thorn sights for instance.

I can't tell you why but I do extremely well with Ambush and can't get Shortgaze to work for me. I know it's the same zoom and Shortgaze adds some elusive aim assistance but I can't stand it. Feels clunky despite that probably not being measurable.

I insist, weapon feel is super subjective and Reddit lists are making people feel otherwise. If Hidden Hand works for you because a nearly untestable drag coefficient on your moving reticule helps... Then congrats! But people just blindly rolling for it without even knowing how much they'll feel it is just weird in my opinion :p

Play with sights and perks and stick to what works for you. Dont just roll something from a list or that you heard a streamer use and assume it's automatically the best choice.

I've got a Her Benevolence with Hidden Hand/Hand-Laid Stock/Unflinching, but it has shit scopes. :(

I don't know if I should teach myself to get used to Tacsys or reroll and risk never getting that roll again.....;_; I should probably just roll for Shortgaze/Ambush on all my snipers and be done with it.

cakely

It sounds silly but having sights you like is a huge part of how a gun feels. I love Hawkmoon and can't stand Thorn sights for instance.

I can't tell you why but I do extremely well with Ambush and can't get Shortgaze to work for me. I know it's the same zoom and Shortgaze adds some elusive aim assistance but I can't stand it. Feels clunky despite that probably not being measurable.

I insist, weapon feel is super subjective and Reddit lists are making people feel otherwise. If Hidden Hand works for you because a nearly untestable drag coefficient on your moving reticule helps... Then congrats! But people just blindly rolling for it without even knowing how much they'll feel it is just weird in my opinion :p

Play with sights and perks and stick to what works for you. Dont just roll something from a list or that you heard a streamer use and assume it's automatically the best choice.

The Hidden hand perk makes the head hitbox slightly larger, that's why I use it. I don't know about the drag coefficent.

I bought Skorris Revenge...... holly cow, I like it, I like it allot!!

I prefer faster rate of fire Pulse Rifle's than slower ones though.

The stability vanilla non-upgraded is pretty good.

I will buy a 2nd one and re-roll that one with some other perk while keeping my 1st one factory Iron Banner perks

Frenden

Banned
While we're revisiting "tier 1" sniper perks, I'd like to say for, like, the 3,000 time that Longview SLR10 has 5x instead of 4.5x zoom and has waaaay more aim assist than shortgaze.

Ambush is the worse of the two though, lower aim assist and it shakes slightly if you move when aiming.
I think for me I don't notice the whole ambush vs shortgaze argument, or the hidden hand deal is because I have no fucking clue what aim assist actually does. It all feels the same to me.

Anyone care to explain?

Mindlog

While we're revisiting "tier 1" sniper perks, I'd like to say for, like, the 3,000 time that Longview SR10 has 5x instead of 4.5x zoom and has waaaay more aim assist than shortgaze.
I like that scope as much as Shortgaze and Ambush.
Any of those three scopes and I'm good. Also needs to be med+ impact. I don't like my perfect roll LGH because of the impact.

I really notice little difference in my performance with the snipers. Generally I do well enough. Snapshot/Quickdraw is nice.
For me Tier 1:
Benevolence, Shadow of Veils, Black Widow

Tier 2:
Spear, LDR (vendor roll (we miss you AP))

I don't use anything else in PvP. I haven't used Tier 2 in weeks.

Interesting. I have Ambush and Shortgaze on my Her Benevolence. Might give Ambush another try. I do like how it looks better, too.

And I totally agree on Thorn vs. Hawkmoon. Thorn looks awesome when other people are wielding it, but it looks funny in your hands.

I've got a Her Benevolence with Hidden Hand/Hand-Laid Stock/Unflinching, but it has shit scopes. :(

I don't know if I should teach myself to get used to Tacsys or reroll and risk never getting that roll again.....;_; I should probably just roll for Shortgaze/Ambush on all my snipers and be done with it.

My first roll on mine. I haven't rolled it since, near perfect roll.

SLR10 scope. Hidden Hand, Snapshot/Rifled Barrel, and Unflinching. I've been extremely lucky when it comes to rolls. I don't think I've rolled more than 10 for a good to perfect roll.

Frenden

Banned
My first roll on mine. I haven't rolled it since, near perfect roll.

SLR10 scope. Hidden Hand, Snapshot/Rifled Barrel, and Unflinching. I've been extremely lucky when it comes to rolls. I don't think I've rolled more than 10 for a good to perfect roll.

I feel bad posting about it, but I have at least three different snipers with the god roll and six or seven matador class shotguns with AG+SP+Rifled. I had extreeeme luck on those rolls.

ocean

Banned
The Hidden hand perk makes the head hitbox slightly larger, that's why I use it. I don't know about the drag coefficent.
Nope. PlanetDestiny did a video on it. With HH if you shoot just outside the edge of the head it's still a miss. It did improve the hitbox on a Hand Cannon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom