• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Nope. PlanetDestiny did a video on it. With HH if you shoot just outside the edge of the head it's still a miss. It did improve the hitbox on a Hand Cannon though.

Hitboxes remain the same, it's a physical object in the world (invisible but still a physical object) a perk on a gun won't make a character's hitbox bigger (and smaller when you don't use a gun with that perk).

The way hidden hand works is a combination of multitude of ways it improves aim assist and aim assist is not just the auto aim/stickiness of the gun but another factors such as how easy it is to swipe aim or how much the bullet can get attracted towards the enemy etc etc....in short if you swipe aim a lot you will notice hidden hand right off the bat.

th3dude

Iron Banner matchmaking hates me.

Game 1: Leaves my team with 5 players after one quit right away. Never replaced them.

Game 2: throws me into a game losing 13000-18000. Immediate lose. Someone on winning team gets SUROS Regime.

Game 3: we will see.

So uh, any GAF trains?

Iron Banner matchmaking hates me.

Game 1: Leaves my team with 5 players after one quit right away. Never replaced them.

Game 2: throws me into a game losing 13000-18000. Immediate lose. Someone on winning team gets SUROS Regime.

Game 3: we will see.

So uh, any GAF trains?

Think about it this way, getting thrown into an about to lose game just gets you a quick coin. Getting into a game that's about to end is positive whether or not you win.

Played trials earlier to try to enjoy the game without thinking about my deleted Warlock and it was rough. Fought against Warlocks every round including a 3x Sunsinger Thorn (with 2x fast revive and 1x voidfang) for team cheeselock.

I really miss my Warlock.

Don't know what to do atm. I guess get rank 5 IB on my Hunter to get etheric light for the resurrection of my future Warlock.

GRIP

Just got the Ram from nightfall! I was kinda kicking myself earlier because I forgot to buy 1-2 more engrams last night, but all's well that ends well I guess. Also got Nighthawk Friday on my first and only engram I bought after buying damn near 20 last week hoping to get just one of these two helmets. Now I can go back to hoarding my motes.

Anyone raiding ? I need my Vision of Confluence. I don't have any group for atheon this week. Three characters, up for Atheon on hard. Nothing on PlanetDestiny :(

th3dude

Yay 0-7. At least that one was closer. Only 20,000 to 12,000.

On that note, still looking for an IB group

PSN th3dude119

ocean

Banned
Hitboxes remain the same, it's a physical object in the world (invisible but still a physical object) a perk on a gun won't make a character's hitbox bigger (and smaller when you don't use a gun with that perk).

The way hidden hand works is a combination of multitude of ways it improves aim assist and aim assist is not just the auto aim/stickiness of the gun but another factors such as how easy it is to swipe aim or how much the bullet can get attracted towards the enemy etc etc....in short if you swipe aim a lot you will notice hidden hand right off the bat.

It's downright fascinating how for months you and I have disagreed on basically everything in the game with very few exceptions :p

But as for a perk not affecting the hitbox, don't get stuck on semantics. There are video demonstrations of a shot just outside the head against a stationary enemy in Crucible for testing purposes. The non-HH shot missed even if it was only a hair outside the head, while the HH hand cannon actually counted as a hit.

This was not observed when using HH on a Sniper Rifle. The hitbox - or area which you can shoot for a headshot to count if you'd rather I use another term - was increased for primary weapons using Hidden Hand but not for Sniper Rifles.

What was observed was a longer period of "stickiness" for the reticule when around the target. This indeed helps with swipe aiming (which is where the Aim Assistance stat actually comes into play).

I'm not saying it's a useless perk at all. Neither is Unflinching. There are zero actually useless perks. What I was suggesting earlier is that the recent Tier List craze obscures the fact that at the end of the day these are just preferences. Talking about a given scope being better or worse than another is just silly.

A lot of people have only recently started playing PvP and telling them "roll for this perk combination until you get it, everything else is lower tier" is rather misleading. More experienced PvP players will have their own opinions, but the Tier Lists being spewed as objective ranks of worth are stopping people from playing around with different builds I feel.

I mean Rocket Launchers and Shotguns are one thing. It's hard to argue you want something other than an extremely specific list, because the way you use these weapons doesn't allow for a lot of variety. With Snipers and any Primary though, I really feel people are placing too much faith in perks they haven't even tried out.

On another note: FINALLY rolled what I wanted on Ash Factory! So happy :) but weapon part poverty is real :(

NeOak

I'm right here.

313m3x4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom