• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I'm really interested to see how the new supers play with old content. I want to throw a crap ton of hammers at Atheon's face. I also want to see if tethering Crota keeps him from jumping a mile with his sword.

i just got the game any tips for playing i choosen the tank class, my psn is djcast87

If you haven't already, check the OP. There are links to quite a few tips and tricks as well as strategies for leveling your character and getting gear. There are also links to additional resources like lfg sites and stat trackers.

ocean

Banned
I have a question for you all. When the new raid comes out? Will we all be rocking the new subclasses or not? Because I may still rock Defender on my first run, or even Sunsinger (even though I want Stormtrance to be great). I'm just curious.
Pretty sure they haven't announced it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to complete the story components before entering the Raid. Specially with their story driven direction now, I'd guess the raid will more closely be tied to the main story arc and thus more logically fit the "final mission" but. Vault of Glass was extremely isolated and felt like a disconnected mission with no bearing on the story at all, which makes sense given how the development took place.

This time around I'd expect it to be a little more coherent. By the time we can enter the Raid, I guess we'll have the new subclass. Maybe not fully leveled though.

To be honest though, despite how cool Sunbreakers and Arc Warlocks look like they'll be more interesting in PvP. For high level PvP, nothing I've seen looks more useful than a clutch bubble or self res. That Hunter class might end up being the best for Raiding though, depending on how effective those smoke bombs end up being.

i just got the game any tips for playing i choosen the tank class, my psn is djcast87

Welcome!

Here are some tips in short. There are a lot of specific tips in the OP.

1) Feel free to ask for help at any time. The game is A LOT more fun playing even with just 1 other person. Never be afraid to ask any questions as well.

2) If you're about speed, crucible/pvp is the fastest way to level up. It takes about 4-6 hours to go from Level 5 (when you're first able to play pvp) to Level 20 when the real fun begins.

3) PvP even gives the best rewards. My nephew went from Level 20 to Level 27 in 3 nights if playing! Everytime we did the Strike Playlist, he got lower light level gear. PvP always gave higher light gear.

4) @ Level 26, you can do Normal Vault of Glass raiding! It's a 6 man raid and it's a ton a fun.

Namikaze1

For the raid, you guys will have to replace me. I have family coming over soon. I was hoping they wouldn't so I could raid. Sorry, but family comes first for me.

Namikaze1

Fucking Arc Bolt not doing its job. It lands right in front of the guy and doesn't even track him. It was less than a foot away from him.

Baliis

Fucking Arc Bolt not doing its job. It lands right in front of the guy and doesn't even track him. It was less than a foot away from him.

Arc bolt frustrates me to no end. Bomb it right in the middle of 3 people, nothing. Have one thrown at me? Hits me through a wall after I blink away twice, then arcs through another wall to kill a team mate. It's like wtf.

For the raid, you guys will have to replace me. I have family coming over soon. I was hoping they wouldn't so I could raid. Sorry, but family comes first for me.

Damn :(

thanks for trying to squeeze a raid in I was excited to finally try it. I'm sure I'll get to do it eventually family is for sure more important.

Top Bottom