• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

You can get replacements on amazon as long as it's just the spring or the trigger and nothing internal.

I just said screw it and bought a white one on amazon, chatted with Sony support and they'll help me send in the broken one. I actually wanted the white one for a while so this is kind of an impetus to that end.

but i swear on me mum if it happens again I'll look into replacing the spring myself, if that is the issue.

LiK

man, being able to just swap out shaders and emblems whenever without worrying about dismantling them is SO FREE.

i'm gonna need to watch a primer on the new systems because not paying attention to the early Bungie streams is making me confused in this thread now.

zewone

Anyone on the mission "Fear's Embrace"?

The boss is kicking my ass and I'd love some help.

Edit: No mic. It's dead from playing all day.

man, being able to just swap out shaders and emblems whenever without worrying about dismantling them is SO FREE.

i'm gonna need to watch a primer on the new systems because not paying attention to the early Bungie streams is making me confused in this thread now.

i knew everything about the game until i played it. now i'm lost.

Juraash

Welly grand plan to horde things went really well. Got my subclass at 35, equipped it and bond to increase exp gained for Stormcaller and spam turned in everything. Instantly hit 40 and got about half way through the unlocking the tree.

Rep was good to me. New Monarchy gave me the Hand Cannon after which I swapped to Dead Orbit which gave me the Scout, auto, Sniper and Fusion Rifles as well as the chest piece. The HC and auto rifle were sacrificed to improve the Scout. And Vanguard got me a helm and legs. So without setting foot on the Dreadnaught I managed light 223.

Love the expansion so far, stoked with the rep drops and just all around thrilled at my first 2 1/2 hours with the experience this far.

noomi

Did so much today, crazy how many quests there are now. I feel like I won't be able to hop on my Titan or Warlock for a while.

Hunter is getting all my love right now.

LiK

i knew everything about the game until i played it. now i'm lost.

and you made the TTK OT too!

yea, i guess once i finish the story missions, i'll take a look for some 2.0 primers on YT or something. all this new light stuff and new vendor stuff and whatever is confusing the shit outta me, lol

I just said screw it and bought a white one on amazon, chatted with Sony support and they'll help me send in the broken one. I actually wanted the white one for a while so this is kind of an impetus to that end.

but i swear on me mum if it happens again I'll look into replacing the spring myself, if that is the issue.

It's a shame they don't have the new colors available in North America yet, though the white looks pretty good.

Is the only way to find taken while on patrol to wait around for those areas to become corrupted? So sick of destiny making is just stand in an area waiting for something to happen.

Juraash

Is the only way to find taken while on patrol to wait around for those areas to become corrupted? So sick of destiny making is just stand in an area waiting for something to happen.

I found a patrol mission in the cosmodrome. The icon was a skull and crossbones and it made you fight a couple of waves of taken followed by a boss character. It was pretty tough, but there's another way.

noomi

I've been dismantling all my heavy items instead of infusing my sword :(

Infusion is confusing at first, I get it now though.

If anyone wants to go hunt targets I'm hanging around the cosmodrome for a while. Feel free to drop in (I'm not on my mic right now though). PSN: MiniMe637

zewone

Part of me wants to do this, part of me wants to hoard my legendary marks for now. I'm so torn >.>
I was going to hoard, but after I figured out how infusion works, it's the best bet to keep improving a good legendary with blues or bad purples. And it's only 3 marks, which is actually pretty cheap.
i'm so confused. argh, fucking UPS, why can't it arrive sooner?!

Sword starts out at 220ATK.

You'll get blues that go up to almost 280ATK.

You can feed it any gun that has higher ATK value. If you have two blues that are 245ATK and one that is 278ATK You'll want to skip the 245ATK weapons, because they won't get it as high as a the 278ATK will with one infusion.

LiK

I was going to hoard, but after I figured out how infusion works, it's the best bet to keep improving a good legendary with blues or bad purples. And it's only 3 marks, which is actually pretty cheap.

Sword starts out at 220ATK.

You'll get blues that go up to almost 280ATK.

You can feed it any gun that has higher ATK value. If you have two blues that are 245ATK and one that is 278ATK You'll want to skip the 245ATK weapons, because they won't get it as high as a the 278ATK will with one infusion.

ah, gotcha, feed it good shit for better results.

zewone

ah, gotcha, feed it good shit for better results.

Yeah, and I just caught that I said any gun with a higher ATK value.

It's actually any gun that is the same class with a higher ATK. So primary feed primaries, special feeds special, and heavy feeds heavy.

noomi

Well alright!

264 light level, nightstalker 2 bubbles away from maxed, daily story & crucible, weekly, nightfall, bounties and a ton of quests are complete.

Feeling pretty accomplished with today's progress, tomorrow we continue forward on the quest to become raid ready!

Nighty night DGAF, see you in the AM.

*throws smoke bomb and vanishes*

This is one odd sniper scope!

12002250_951821134856158_9007037030514908651_n.jpg

Kalamari

What is everyone using their marks for? I'm thinking about saving for the Alpha Lupi, or maybe just buying a 280 ghost. I don't know.

Mindlog

Most fun I've ever had in a Daily. Such a huge step up.
Solo @ 248 Light.

Of course I had to swap out my Package Legendaries for blues to get my light up that high.
What?

I need a stronger sword...

One piece chapter 800 spoilers are out. I put them in the manga OT. I know there's some fans in here. ;)
Prepare to engage hype thrusters before reading. 😎

What is everyone using their marks for? I'm thinking about saving for the Alpha Lupi, or maybe just buying a 280 ghost. I don't know.
Was saving for Suros but my 190 ghost was dragging me down so much. Stupid too because it seems there's almost no way to really get legendary marks outside of the very few daily and weekly activities.

maomaoIYP

The armory section on Bungie's website has most of the new exotics and TTK weapons listed, with perks and stuff. I say *most* because No Time to Explain is not listed, so I'm guessing there are stuff still missing.

Spoilered for those who want to discover stuff on their own:
Warlocks get a new helmet which....makes blink more powerful. Also the new perk arrangements for legendaries will allow similar perks in different slots, making it more likely for your drop to be useful. For example the new ToO pulse Reflection Sum can spawn with smallbore, fitted stock and braced frame all at once in the same column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom